The Student Room Group

POST-MORTEM: AQA Additional Science Biology B2 (May 2013)

Scroll to see replies

[QUOTE="Rawan24;42685322"]
Original post by Frank the Tankk

Dude you sound well smart!! LOL

Haha I'm not that smart compared to most of the people on this website, they make me feel so dumb:frown: LOL
Reply 261
[QUOTE="Tankk;42685367" Frank="Frank" the="the"]
Original post by Rawan24

Haha I'm not that smart compared to most of the people on this website, they make me feel so dumb:frown: LOL

Hahah same here!
ugh that was horriable , they seemed to love all that chromosome stuff, hope grade boundaries are low :frown:
Original post by Rawan24
It asked for the number of chromosomes not how many pairs and so you must have had to add 16 and 8... At least Id like to think so

Yeah that's what I put too as it didn't ask for the pairs of chromosomes. So it should have been 8 and 16. Ok at least now and understand.
Reply 264
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by a.abdulaziz
Yeah that's what I put too as it didn't ask for the pairs of chromosomes. So it should have been 8 and 16. Ok at least now and understand.

It was 4 and 8 though?
Reply 266
No as in adding 16 and 8 not 4 and 2
But you don't add 16 and 8 or 4 and 2? You add 8 and 4 to get 12..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 268
Ahhh I'm confused now!! All I know is that I've added 16 and 8 because it asked for the number of chrmosmoes in a skin cell I think, a skin cell is a type of body cells where chromosomes aren't in pairs. But people are saying no the answer is 12
(edited 10 years ago)
err it had nothing to do with skin cells? It was about the number of chromosomes in the gametes of plant A and plant B, and then the number of chromosomes in their offspring? Are you talking about the same exam?
Reply 270
LOL yeah yeah I am,, just got mixed up with another question,, Maybe yyour right i dont
know,, I think I just didn't notice that gamete part
Reply 271
Guys what if I put 7.5 over 25 makes 30% because technically it wasn't only 7 squares?
Hey guys u know for question 8 for the number of chromosomes in the gametes I think the answer would be 24 as they only asked for the number of chromosomes. But there are other controversial answers for this such as 12. Could someone reply?
Reply 273
Hey, I've got a copy of this paper in hard copy (the actual paper). Do you want me to make a thread with all the questions???
Original post by tohaaaa
Hey, I've got a copy of this paper in hard copy (the actual paper). Do you want me to make a thread with all the questions???

Yeeaaaaaaaah buddddaaaaaay

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 275
Original post by hugebiceplad
yeeaaaaaaaah buddddaaaaaay

posted from tsr mobile

awwwwww riiiiiiiiiight!!!!!!!!!! :3

will get that up sooooooooooooooon! (probably in the eve') :smile:
Wheres the paper thread then?
Original post by AbathaZoe
Was I the only one who got 7.5 for the quadrats question? Because it seems like everyone else got either 7 or 8, did it have to be a whole number?

I think i wrote 7.5!!! :smile:
Original post by a.abdulaziz
Hey guys u know for question 8 for the number of chromosomes in the gametes I think the answer would be 24 as they only asked for the number of chromosomes. But there are other controversial answers for this such as 12. Could someone reply?

That's what I wrote because it seemed like the obvious thing

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 279
link to higher paper, all credit goes to tohaaaa :smile: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2372991

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending