5 Newcastle (A)
12 Hull City (H)
19 Everton (A)
26 Norwich City (H)

May
3 Sunderland (H)
11 Southampton (A)
Reply 5241
We'll be travelling to Swansea for our first Premier League fixture. Correct me if I'm wrong but we haven't won a game there since they were promoted? They're a pretty strong team but I just hope we win our first game this time round otherwise if we don't, even if it is just after one game, question marks will be raised of Moyes from the media ready to pounce on any mistake Moyes makes, just like with de Gea.
Original post by Akkuz
Disagree. He's got a lot of calls/rumours correct. Obviously he can't always get them spot on but he turns out to be right quite a lot of the time (but not always). One of the best twitter sources IMO.

You need to get better twitter sources...

He gets calls correct because he copies what everyone else says and reports it as his own, he calls things as 'exclusives' of his own when other sources/reporters are the one who made the claim. He gets a massive amount wrong.

Go check out Indyliar and all the journalists who get pissed off at how many people follow Indykalia.

The fact he retweets the idiots who think he knows what he is talking about makes it worse lol
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Tommyjw

He gets calls correct because he copies what everyone else says and reports it as his own, he calls things as 'exclusives' of his own when other sources/reporters are the one who made the claim. He gets a massive amount wrong.

Go check out Indyliar and all the journalists who get pissed off at how many people follow Indykalia.

The fact he retweets the idiots who think he knows what he is talking about makes it worse lol

That guy must be one of the biggest BS -ers of all time. Can't believe someone posted his tweet here, shockingly bad!
Reply 5244
Original post by rohitbd
If we get Thiago it would be the best signing for us since Ronaldo, a player of his class for 15mil is so cheap, Hazard, Moura, Martinez, Oscar, Gotze and Neymar have gone for more than double and Thiago is on par with them, De Gea has to work his charm to convince him to come, Moyes best not wait till July 1st, he should try and sign him as soon as possible.

http://www.barcaforum.com/showthread.php/314-11-Thiago-Alcantara/page425

This is a good read and they constantly update the status on Thiago.

Same level as Martinez, Hazard, Gotze and Neymar. That's utter BS.
Reply 5245
Original post by Tommyjw

Instead of being a prick to people all the time, why not share the "good" twitter sources then? Please do.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5246
Original post by qasidb
We'll be travelling to Swansea for our first Premier League fixture. Correct me if I'm wrong but we haven't won a game there since they were promoted? They're a pretty strong team but I just hope we win our first game this time round otherwise if we don't, even if it is just after one game, question marks will be raised of Moyes from the media ready to pounce on any mistake Moyes makes, just like with de Gea.

It's a good thing were usually slow starters..oh wait :^_^:

The media will be ready to pounce, even if we draw a match. Swansea away is a tough start to the season!

Encouraging stat - David Moyes has never conceded a goal against Swansea, winning three out of four games.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by qasidb

We have beaten them once at their place
When the hell will thiago tell us we are signing him
Original post by ledleyking123
When the hell will thiago tell us we are signing him

Patience, he just finished the Euro U-21s! Also, why are you called Ledley King? haha
Reply 5250
Original post by Tommyjw
City Chelsea + Liverpool in the first 5 games -_-

March onwards looks decent though

March
1 Manchester City (H)
8 West Brom (A)
15 Liverpool (H)
22 West Ham (A)
29 Aston Villa (H)

April
5 Newcastle (A)
12 Hull City (H)
19 Everton (A)
26 Norwich City (H)

May
3 Sunderland (H)
11 Southampton (A)

december and february are looking alright as well. I can see us being 3rd up until november/december, but im pretty hopeful of us winning the title.

For anyone who is interested in betting-I'm thinking i will put a bet on utd to win around the end of november when i imagine we will be about 5/1 to win. At the moment chelsea and utd are favourites to win at 9/5, while city are 11/5 to win the title. Usually i try to predict the swings of the title race and bet on the top 3 teams when their odds are over 3/1 so no matter who wins, im profitable. For instance last year i bet on Utd to win the day after city won the league when everyone was predicting city to win it for the next ten years. then when utd were clear at christmas, i put a bet on man city so i was guaranteed a profit (unless chelsea had somehow won it).

DECEMBER

Dec 3: Everton (h)
Dec 7: Newcastle United (h)
Dec 14: Aston Villa (a)
Dec 21: West Ham United (h)
Dec 26: Hull City (a)
Dec 28: Norwich City (a)

FEBRUARY

Feb 1: Stoke City (a)
Feb 8: Fulham (h)
Feb 12: Arsenal (a)
Feb 22: Crystal Palace (a)

hopefully liverpool start the season poorly and finish strongly- city and chelsea both play at anfield in their last ten games.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5251
Original post by Brainiac

hopefully liverpool start the season poorly and finish strongly poorly - city and chelsea both play at anfield in their last ten games.

I fixed it.
Original post by Whitechapel
Patience, he just finished the Euro U-21s! Also, why are you called Ledley King? haha

I'm as good as him
Gollum is going to be in a tight nick by the end of September.
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Do Barcelona have to sell if we bid 17m euros? A loan is something that will favour all three parties here. Of course, if Barcelona are willing to sell, then Moysie, sign him up.
As has been said the only reason this whole story is floating around is Barca had a release clause at something like 90mil, but because he didn't play enough games it dropped to 17mil euros. He wants more game time and is willing to move to get it. If we bid the release clause its out of Barca's hands and in Thiago's. It basically makes no sense to loan as we would be getting a £25m+ player for £15m not to mention if he plays well here for 2-3 season we could be looking at a Fab-Arsenal when he returns. Basically we would be pretty much guaranteed to make money if we buy him.
What a horrible first 5 games. Can already see the ''United in crisis'' headlines from the tabloids if we don't win against Swansea, I just hope none of our supporters fall for such BS. Compare it to City, who have a piss easy start aside from playing us and we could easily be playing catch up before the Autumn.

Newcastle (H)
Cardiff (A)
Hull (H)
Stoke (A)
Man United (H)
Villa (A)

Original post by Brainiac
hopefully liverpool start the season poorly and finish strongly- city and chelsea both play at anfield in their last ten games.

A small positive about going to Anfield early is that Suarez will still be suspended (if he's even there still) and they've started the last few seasons poorly. No doubt they'll still raise their game for us though :rolleyes:
Original post by Musester
Same level as Martinez, Hazard, Gotze and Neymar. That's utter BS.

Yeah, ridiculous to claim that a kid who has started 58 times for Barcelona in the last two seasons might be good.
Original post by sr90

A small positive about going to Anfield early is that Suarez will still be suspended (if he's even there still) and they've started the last few seasons poorly. No doubt they'll still raise their game for us though :rolleyes:

Chance that Sturridge might still be out as well, I think we'll do the scousers. Swansea and Chelsea will be tough though.
Those first 5 games. :puke: At least it means we have an 'easy' run-in.
It's better to have those five games early tbh, even a few draws would be fine. It's only after 15 games u get a feel for who's in the title race

Latest