The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

**** me I forgot Robben used to have hair
Original post by sr90
We'll never know for sure how good he could have been, but I think if it wasn't for his knees he'd have been an England regular for years and would have been at a far bigger club than Spurs. Even when he couldn't train he was still playing at a high level, and playing well aside from his last season or two when he was a complete liability. For the definition of overrated look no further than Chelsea's racist centre half.

to be fair I was being a bit facetious and making a joke at the posters expense :tongue:

I don't know I rate him as highly as you do but I think he was a good defender when fit aye.
Feels kinda like how you guys lost Pogba. Can fully understand why Thiago wants to move, not exactly a nice midfield to try break into. :laugh:
Original post by Malevolent
Feels kinda like how you guys lost Pogba. Can fully understand why Thiago wants to move, not exactly a nice midfield to try break into. :laugh:
At least you have the knowledge you will get £15m not 300k, he's going because he plays a position that is overloaded and most likely he will be back playing for Barca in a few years, unlike Pogba playing a position we needed filling and is never coming back.
Lmao Ryan Giggs on CountDown giving Rachel Riley a gift for her thousandth show, and dessert too probably
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Lmao Ryan Giggs on CountDown giving Rachel Riley a gift for her thousandth show, and dessert too probably

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2013/jun/24/countdown-rachel-riley-ryan-giggs

She was even wearing red too. :wink:
Original post by doggyfizzel
At least you have the knowledge you will get £15m not 300k, he's going because he plays a position that is overloaded and most likely he will be back playing for Barca in a few years, unlike Pogba playing a position we needed filling and is never coming back.

Haha thats true. I feel for him. No resentment too him what so ever when he leaves. Wish him the best with you lot. Although still not gonna see him making the World Cup squad or at least starting bar injuries to quite a few players haha
Original post by Tommyjw
Amazing.

Football signed from a United player
Picture of him signing a United shirt
Sly smiles and such when asked about signing United
And now a picture of him (apparently) wearing a United shirt

ITs like, the most perfect muppet saga i've ever seen. All it needs know is for him to announce something on twitterr.

I change my mind, we now have a hitler pisstake video thing, now its the most perfect muppet saga ever,

don't expect anything more solid until Monday
Reply 5570
Original post by Whitechapel
don't expect anything more solid until Monday

hopefully..... does the cause go back up to 80 mil on the 1st??
Original post by cost

No that is when it is officially £15 million. It is up to 90mill euro on 1st August
Original post by cost

August it goes up you're fine for a bit :h:
Its a buyout clause, its not like a transfer where we have to get it done early. Key dates are going to be the 1st where Moyes is appointed, 13th first game of pre season and the the dates of the actual transfer window.
Yeah, as I posted yesterday - we're very unlikely to see official news on a 'big' transfer until the 1st. The media crew at United are going to be keen to ensure that big, positive happenings at the club now seemingly occur once Moyes is officially in charge.
Moyes first day on July 1st. I'd expect a press conference that week by then hopefully the transfer that everyone is talking about non-stop gets done and as said above, for some positive stories be in place for his conference with the media.

Rooney was scheduled to have talks with Moyes this week so again, Moyes' press conference will probably be overshadowed by transfers, squad make up than his actual appointment.

I'm intrigued by Moyes as his approach to the media as boss. At Everton, he was fairly personable whilst maintaining a distance but SAF was very strict with the one news conference with the TV/Radio/Newspapers (think he did do a Sunday briefing for some) rather than seperate briefings but I hope Moyes does things differently whilst responding to unfair criticism sternly.
Reply 5577
Original post by Aky786UK
Moyes first day on July 1st. I'd expect a press conference that week by then hopefully the transfer that everyone is talking about non-stop gets done and as said above, for some positive stories be in place for his conference with the media.

Rooney was scheduled to have talks with Moyes this week so again, Moyes' press conference will probably be overshadowed by transfers, squad make up than his actual appointment.

I'm intrigued by Moyes as his approach to the media as boss. At Everton, he was fairly personable whilst maintaining a distance but SAF was very strict with the one news conference with the TV/Radio/Newspapers (think he did do a Sunday briefing for some) rather than seperate briefings but I hope Moyes does things differently whilst responding to unfair criticism sternly.

I cant remember when but it was this season, Moyes lost it and was getting in a refs face. just though it was a bit juvenile... buts thats the only time i can remember him losing his cool
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5578
Looks like his first press conference is going to be on 5th July apparently. May need to wait till then to find out about Thiago.
Anyone know how reliable alistair ferguson is? Saying we've done a deal

Latest