The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Another 100 million spending summer for City then.

And where are we? Approaching August with an unknown RB. Exciting times.
Original post by Tommyjw
Another 100 million spending summer for City then.

And where are we? Approaching August with an unknown RB. Exciting times.

Tbh, considering how much they've spent, their signings have been slightly underwhelming. But I agree, we need to get a move on.
How hard is it to buy a mid for **** sake
Reply 6843
Original post by ledleyking123
How hard is it to buy a mid for **** sake

Well, considering we haven't bought one that hasn't gone straight into the reserves since the 2007/08 season (where we bought two in one go :eek: Hargreaves and Anderson), it must be quite hard. Actually it seems we also bought Possebon that season if you remember him, so we were on quite a roll then. Perhaps, after seeing how poorly those midfield transfers turned out to be (albeit largely down to injury), Ferguson decided to just give up on the midfield :tongue:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6844
rumours are that we have signed garay
Why haven't we even considered De Rossi? I know Roma wanted a lend of Wallace but we could at least put up a fight for him
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Tbh, considering how much they've spent, their signings have been slightly underwhelming. But I agree, we need to get a move on.

Jovetic is a fantastic signing for them, the others don't worry me at all.
Original post by sr90

Jovetic, Aguero, Negredo, Dzeko is a strong quarter, though surprised Tevez left, unbeliever striker on his day, that would look scarier with Tevez instead of Negredo in it.
Original post by sr90

Navas will be their singing of the season imo, Fernandinho is an upgrade as well.
Original post by sr90

Agreed.

Whilst I wouldn't say they have wasted money, I would say they could've spent it a little better.
Fernandinho is also one to watch out for tbh.
Original post by That Bearded Man
Why haven't we even considered De Rossi? I know Roma wanted a lend of Wallace but we could at least put up a fight for him

You think he's worth the investment? He turns 30 next week. Tbh, in our situation, I'd go for him.

Original post by DaveSmith99
Navas will be their singing of the season imo, Fernandinho is an upgrade as well.

Agree with this. I think Navas is their best signing.

Will Fernandinho and Yaya play in a two man midfield, or will Barry be in there too?
Reply 6852
i dont know who we would get in midfield bar a massive signing (e.g. ronaldo). The two mids we were linked to (thiago and strootman) have both been sold to other clubs.
You think he's worth the investment? He turns 30 next week. Tbh, in our situation, I'd go for him.

Will Fernandinho and Yaya play in a two man midfield, or will Barry be in there too?

I would rather us not sign De Rossi. It will only mean we will have the same problem in 2-3 years time. Surely there must be a 20-25 year old CM who is good and wants to join us? Surely?

In a 4-3-3 it'll probably be those 3. Very good defense + attack there.
Gab Marcotti said on twitter Fab could have been a decoy for Modric signing - who would be available for sale and would come to Manchester
For the record I think the final signings will be; Fellaini, Baines and Modric
What signs have their been that suggests that Modric is for sale?
Original post by rodcarter
For the record I think the final signings will be; Fellaini, Baines and Modric

Modric wont leave Madrid.

In the second half of last season he was a beast. I can't seem them letting him go. However, I think you're right about the first two..
Original post by NathanW18
What signs have their been that suggests that Modric is for sale?

Just going on what Marcotti stated really

Latest