The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I just want to know one way or the other with cesc, getting silly now.

We desperately need two midfielders in my opinion, the new season is only a few weeks away and we are no further on.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7361
Original post by Tommyjw
Dunno man, they've lost enough.

Happily chuck £30m at them for him and see what happens but i still think its at a point where they wont sell any more of their best players.

I see you're point but Gundogan has indicated he would like a move to United in the future, so i think we could get him this season for the right price.

In an interview a while ago "Manchester United would obviously be a dream club."

Original post by hayles101
I just want to know one way or the other with cesc, getting silly now.

We desperately need two midfielders in my opinion, the new season is only a few weeks away and we are no further on.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Moyes said that the Fabregas situation is not dead and he is still his no.1 signing
(edited 10 years ago)
What the hell does ongoing mean? Gerardo Martino is supposed to be presented on Friday, so I guess it could be resolved soon after.

Good to hear Moyes say Kagawa will play an increased role this season, he didn't exactly hit the ground running but in the second half of the season he had a few games where you could see what he is capable of.
Original post by doggyfizzel
What the hell does ongoing mean? Gerardo Martino is supposed to be presented on Friday, so I guess it could be resolved soon after.

Good to hear Moyes say Kagawa will play an increased role this season, he didn't exactly hit the ground running but in the second half of the season he had a few games where you could see what he is capable of.

felt bad for kagawa last season.. its never going to be easy to come into a team like united, from a different league.. --- and then he goes and gets injured straight away!

But yes, he did show his quality at times, and I dont think anyone doubts its there.. - he just needs to get himself more established and confident etc.
Original post by poiuytrewq54321
This is such a funny joke! I know its long but trust me it'll be worth it.

Andrew Kilduff, co-founder of stretford end flags who people say called RvP last year from his sources, around July 15th last year so i cba to check who else was saying what, has said Fellaini + Cesc to us next week.

That'll keep the muppets going for a week.
Just want the season to start tbfh.
Reply 7367
Thiago Alcantara: "The truth is that in no moment did anyone from Manchester United speak to us. Bayern was always my first option."

I wonder why we didn't go for him, given that we will end up buying Fellaini for £5m more...baffling.
Original post by Akkuz
Thiago Alcantara: "The truth is that in no moment did anyone from Manchester United speak to us. Bayern was always my first option."

I wonder why we didn't go for him, given that we will end up buying Fellaini for £5m more...baffling.

Just a generic comment a player makes when he signs to be fair. A version of the "I promise this club was my first choice" type thing. His dad said we held talks, they conflict eachother, who knows what went on.

I'd be inclined to believe we were interested, asked around, talked to his representatives + Barca then we backed off. Whether that was because we knew Bayern was interested and he wanted them, and thus we didnt want to try compete and instead go for other options asap, or because we didnt want to give him a clause in his contract, or whatever.
Sky never reported a utd bid to thiago tbh
Original post by Tommyjw
Just a generic comment a player makes when he signs to be fair. A version of the "I promise this club was my first choice" type thing. His dad said we held talks, they conflict eachother, who knows what went on.

I'd be inclined to believe we were interested, asked around, talked to his representatives + Barca then we backed off. Whether that was because we knew Bayern was interested and he wanted them, and thus we didnt want to try compete and instead go for other options asap, or because we didnt want to give him a clause in his contract, or whatever.

He's not saying they were his first choice though. He's saying the opposite, that they were his first option, because United never went for him.
Reply 7371
Original post by ledleyking123
Sky never reported a utd bid to thiago tbh

But you still believed all the BS twitter sources like it was God's word :biggrin:
Reply 7372
Original post by Akkuz

I highly doubt this is true. Man United started their pursuit of Cesc Fabregas the day after Thiago's transfer to Bayern was finalised. Coincidence?
Original post by AXERTYRE
I highly doubt this is true. Man United started their pursuit of Cesc Fabregas the day after Thiago's transfer to Bayern was finalised. Coincidence?

not really.. united have been linked to fabregas for a long while now... with some people even suggesting that fabegras was just covre for united to try and get Thiago... (in the early days of the Thiago rumours)
Original post by manchesterunited15
He's not saying they were his first choice though. He's saying the opposite, that they were his first option, because United never went for him.

But, but... It would take a high level of delusion to believe United weren't trying to sign Thiago. Thiago is a liar!

Original post by Musester
But you still believed all the BS twitter sources like it was God's word :biggrin:

Correct.

It would back up the idea that the whole dust cloud surrounding 'supposed' transfers is made up of rumour, conjecture, gossip, knobheads on Twatter and little else.
I'd still love for there to be some CB signings, last season, even when we started to feel a little stronger in defence it always felt a little panicky in every attack, would like to feel less anxious with some more reliable defence.

Not to say the young guys aren't good, I just wouldn't want to be playing them all the time, especially against top flight teams
Original post by Musester

Original post by Wilfred Little

Correct.

It would back up the idea that the whole dust cloud surrounding 'supposed' transfers is made up of rumour, conjecture, gossip, knobheads on Twatter and little else.

I'm afraid your failed attempts aren't correct.

If we had 'bid' for Thiago, thats it, we would have paid his release clause, we would have done so knowing Thiago would come here and he would have been our player. Nobody believed that, it wasnt even reported as such. It was reported we were negotiating different deals etc. But no, you are not correct in saying people believed we had bid for him.
Original post by Tommyjw
I'm afraid your failed attempts aren't correct.

If we had 'bid' for Thiago, thats it, we would have paid his release clause, we would have done so knowing Thiago would come here and he would have been our player. Nobody believed that, it wasnt even reported as such. It was reported we were negotiating different deals etc. But no, you are not correct in saying people believed we had bid for him.

What?

I'm talking about people believing rubbish on Twitter. I don't care about the bid. I don't think they bid either.

But it'd take a high level of delusion to think United weren't trying to sign Thiago wouldn't it? :biggrin::rolleyes:
Wilfred Little vs Tommyjw XV :biggrin:
Reply 7379
has anyone seen rooney in the new away kit? can't find a picture of him in it.

Latest