The Student Room Group

Is 100Pounds Enough for 1 month ?

Hi Friends,

I am coming to UK (Newcastle Uni) in sept and was making my budget plans, so my question is, is 100 pounds enough for a month apart from stay or will i be needing more.... I know what your next questions will be so i am explaining :tongue:

Normal daily life, going to Uni & coming back. No transport required as uni is very close, may be once or twice a month have drink, self catered. Mostly will be having veg, but chicken or egg may be included once or twice a month.

So for this routine its enough ?
Reply 1
More than enough :smile:

But I mean do you plan on doing clothes shopping?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Blob :)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Definitely not unless its absolutely necessary.
Reply 3
Original post by Rising_Sun
Definitely not unless its absolutely necessary.

Then you should be fine. :smile: but I mean it also depends on how much you go out and spend etc :smile: but I genuinely think its more than enough :smile: good luck for uni!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
I know for girls how frustrating it is not to shop for cloths :biggrin:
My GF has told me now itself that I have to send her cloths from there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Whats the average amount a student spends per month ?
(with context to the Original Post)
100pounds a month is only 25 a week which isn't much when you're self-catered. I used to spend about 20pounds a week on food alone (although I tended to buy a lot of meat), then you've got going out and other costs on top.
Reply 7
hmmm so how much do you think should be comfortable ?
Original post by Sabertooth
100pounds a month is only 25 a week which isn't much when you're self-catered. I used to spend about 20pounds a week on food alone (although I tended to buy a lot of meat), then you've got going out and other costs on top.
hmmm so how much do you think should be comfortable ?

150 a month would probably work out better but obviously it depends how much "other costs" you have. If you're just buying supermarket food and doing nothing else 100 would work.
Reply 9
ok thanks, ill calculate according to that it.
Reply 10
Plus since your coming to the uk to stay try and find out from friends which places give the best deals on food etc :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
I know for girls how frustrating it is not to shop for cloths :biggrin:
My GF has told me now itself that I have to send her cloths from there.

Lol that's kind of you if you agree. Although keep in mind you might be going over the £100 pound budget as it can be expensive to send it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
I mean if you want to just spend the money on food it's enough, but you won't be able to go out too much or buy
any new clothes/shoes etc.
Reply 13
Hi Friends,

I am coming to UK (Newcastle Uni) in sept and was making my budget plans, so my question is, is 100 pounds enough for a month apart from stay or will i be needing more.... I know what your next questions will be so i am explaining :tongue:

Normal daily life, going to Uni & coming back. No transport required as uni is very close, may be once or twice a month have drink, self catered. Mostly will be having veg, but chicken or egg may be included once or twice a month.

So for this routine its enough ?

But which will you be having first? :eyeball:
just talking food... more than enough

if your talking accommodation/rent and bills then no
Reply 15
Original post by M1011
But which will you be having first? :eyeball:

First ill buy alive chicken and when it gives egg ill eat it :biggrin:

Original post by rattusratus
just talking food... more than enough

if your talking accommodation/rent and bills then no

Just for food, accommodation is provided by Uni and thats separate amount.
Reply 16
Lol that's kind of you if you agree. Although keep in mind you might be going over the £100 pound budget as it can be expensive to send it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

As of now I dont have any plans to send her cloths :biggrin: but sure ill take it with me or if someone is going.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending