The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 820
Original post by ChoccyWoccy
:pierre:

:smug:
Original post by kath_igidbashian
Would rep you but sadly I'm out, care for a virtual rep? This info is so helpful, I'm the only one in my family to go to uni so I've relied on TSR :smile:

I was in a similar (ish) situation 15 years ago (well my sister went two years before me but neither of us or our families or school were much help in the process)
Original post by hayleyhayley
Why on earth would you do that?! Lol!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I chose my firm and insurance based on course content and uni rather than grades as my firm is the exact course I want to do and my insurance is something I would be happy doing but isnt the exact modules.
Original post by lauren_denman
I chose my firm and insurance based on course content and uni rather than grades as my firm is the exact course I want to do and my insurance is something I would be happy doing but isnt the exact modules.

Ah. I just hedged my bets and went for a uni I'll be able to get into for mine!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Silcce
was your exam board AQA?! Did you do Waiting For Godot!!?

No, I was Edexcel, did two plays, sorry!
Original post by kath_igidbashian
I did that too! Thought I was the only one, but to be fair my insurance is in London so I'll live at home but for Chester I'm not guaranteed accommodation unless it's my firm

Chester is my firm too! I just chose it based on course content and uni as my insurance isnt the exact course and modules that I want whereas chester is. I dont really want to go to my insurance anyway but I didnt like the idea of having no back up!
Reply 826
Original post by Superunknown17
No, I put ones that had the same but that was because I was hoping the insurance uni might be more lenient than my firm but I don't really want to go to my insurance anyway. :rolleyes:

This is something I wish I did as I only really liked 2 unis out of the 5 after visiting them again but they both had the same entry requirements. I went with an insurance that was lower than my firm but I don't really see myself there. Ah well, too late now just have to hope I've made my firm.
Original post by lauren_denman
Chester is my firm too! I just chose it based on course content and uni as my insurance isnt the exact course and modules that I want whereas chester is. I dont really want to go to my insurance anyway but I didnt like the idea of having no back up!

I recognised you from the Chester thread! Hopefully I'll see you in Sept :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Arva
High entry requirements say very little about the standard of the course or how difficult it is to get into. Obviously an A*A*A offer suggests a more prestigious establishment than CCD, but comparing good universities by entry requirements is absurd. :lol:

Half this thread probably has an offer with higher entry requirements than my firm, but I wouldn't want to trade offers with any.

I wasn't talking about standards of the course as such. I was talking about how the people who go the Oxford are not automatically super intelligent. :smile:
Original post by Vip3rgt9
I wasn't talking about standards of the course as such. I was talking about how the people who go the Oxford are not automatically super intelligent. :smile:

It's a safe bet that they are very intelligent, though.
Anyone had any results day dreams?

I while back I dreamt I totally forgot it was results and was enjoying my day with friends (obviously not A-Level friends)
It wasn't until later that evening my dad came in and told me he went to pick up my results, and I failed all my exams.. I have also missed clearing now so not going to uni... I woke up crying!
If on results day your firm says unsuccessful does this mean your not allowed to ring up the university ?
Original post by PythianLegume
It's a safe bet that they are very intelligent, though.

Yeah, no doubt. However there will be equally bright students at other Universities as well.

EDIT: Although the person I know isn't that intelligent.
Reply 833
Original post by MiaDreams
Did anyone else do Aqa Sociology/Psychology A2?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did PSYA4 this summer
Reply 834
Am I the only one getting that feeling you get when going downhill on a roller coaster?
Original post by kate_louise21
If on results day your firm says unsuccessful does this mean your not allowed to ring up the university ?

If it says unsuccessful, they have made their decision - you are unlikely to convince them to give you a place.

Original post by Vip3rgt9
Yeah, no doubt. However there will be equally bright students at other Universities as well.

EDIT: Although the person I know isn't that intelligent.

I never really understood saying this. It's like saying that some people in Zimbabwe are as rich as some in the UK - yes it's true, but the general rules still apply; people in the UK are richer. There's a tendency on TSR to assume that all generalisation is automatically bad, which is simply untrue. Of course there are individual differences.
Reply 836
Original post by XxMagicMezziexX
Anyone had any results day dreams?

I while back I dreamt I totally forgot it was results and was enjoying my day with friends (obviously not A-Level friends)
It wasn't until later that evening my dad came in and told me he went to pick up my results, and I failed all my exams.. I have also missed clearing now so not going to uni... I woke up crying!

Almost had one, but I realised it was not true, only to wake up at 4 AM scared like I almost got eaten alive by a shark.
Original post by Tuya
Am I the only one getting that feeling you get when going downhill on a roller coaster?

Butterflies in your stomach - common when nervous.
Reply 838
Butterflies in your stomach - common when nervous.

Hmmm, first time I've had this feeling. I was pretty confident with my GCSEs so, I didn't care then.
Is this necessarily a sign of bad nervousness - like a sign I did bad or something?

I never really understood saying this. It's like saying that some people in Zimbabwe are as rich as some in the UK - yes it's true, but the general rules still apply; people in the UK are richer. There's a tendency on TSR to assume that all generalisation is automatically bad, which is simply untrue. Of course there are individual differences.

No don't get me wrong, it's not automatically a bad thing! It's just the context in which it's used.

Latest