The Student Room Group

Adult nursing clearing

Hello, I rang the university of Nottingham up for adult nursing clearing.
They asked me some questions over the phone regarding nursing and as they were satisfied with my answers, they have invited me to an interview next week. Although, im not sure whether I can enter the uni on to my UCAS track, or will I do this after the interview has taken place? I just don't want the places to get full up, and then realise I haven't gotten a place! help?

Scroll to see replies

[QUOTE=:) Lauraaa [excludedFace]smile[/excludedFace];44002075]Hello, I rang the university of Nottingham up for adult nursing clearing.
They asked me some questions over the phone regarding nursing and as they were satisfied with my answers, they have invited me to an interview next week. Although, im not sure whether I can enter the uni on to my UCAS track, or will I do this after the interview has taken place? I just don't want the places to get full up, and then realise I haven't gotten a place! help?
Well, they haven't made you an offer. This will be after the interview. However, everyone else applying will be in the same boat, so you aren't going to be behind them. Good luck.
Reply 2
[QUOTE=:) Lauraaa [excludedFace]smile[/excludedFace];44002075]Hello, I rang the university of Nottingham up for adult nursing clearing.

Hi they asked me to attend the selection day on Tuesday but I haven't had anything through email yet and am a bit worried :confused: - have you had any info regarding the day sent to you yet? x
Reply 3
Original post by Rhi79
Hi they asked me to attend the selection day on Tuesday but I haven't had anything through email yet and am a bit worried :confused: - have you had any info regarding the day sent to you yet? x

They said id get a letter through the post, but still have nothing yet either :frown: Not sure whether I should ring again, considering its closed Saturday and Sunday and have no idea where to go? x
Reply 4
[QUOTE=:) Lauraaa [excludedFace]smile[/excludedFace];44003180]They said id get a letter through the post, but still have nothing yet either :frown: Not sure whether I should ring again, considering its closed Saturday and Sunday and have no idea where to go? x

Oh the tutor I spoke to said they would probably send something through email (I did give them a call earlier and they said we should get something today as they were so busy yesterday). I was thinking the same thing about calling later as I'd hate to find nothing in the post tomorrow either. Did you go to an open day there? as I think we have to go to roughly the same place x
Reply 5
Original post by Rhi79
Oh the tutor I spoke to said they would probably send something through email (I did give them a call earlier and they said we should get something today as they were so busy yesterday). I was thinking the same thing about calling later as I'd hate to find nothing in the post tomorrow either. Did you go to an open day there? as I think we have to go to roughly the same place x

Im so confused! yeah, I think ill definitely give them a call, could you give me the number you rang please? Oh okay! that shouldn't be a problem then :smile: x
Reply 6
[QUOTE=:) Lauraaa [excludedFace]smile[/excludedFace];44003556]Im so confused! yeah, I think ill definitely give them a call, could you give me the number you rang please? Oh okay! that shouldn't be a problem then :smile: x

I rang the clearing hotline again as the normal school of nursing number is closed due to clearing. It would great to know something as I'm not sure if its an all day thing or just a few hours x
Reply 7
Cardiff still have some places to do ODP which isn't nursing but you have the opportunity to train in additional skills and work in theatres as a scrub nurse. This may be an option worth considering :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by Rhi79
I rang the clearing hotline again as the normal school of nursing number is closed due to clearing. It would great to know something as I'm not sure if its an all day thing or just a few hours x

I just rang clearing and they said it would be by email like you said. Im actually getting worried I wont receive anything haha! How did your results go by the way? If you don't mind me asking, of course. Im not too sure on that either! Do you live far from Nottingham? x
Reply 9
[QUOTE=:) Lauraaa [excludedFace]smile[/excludedFace];44004002]I just rang clearing and they said it would be by email like you said. Im actually getting worried I wont receive anything haha! How did your results go by the way? If you don't mind me asking, of course. Im not too sure on that either! Do you live far from Nottingham? x

Oh well at least we know we should get something soon as I was beginning to wonder if they had lost my details. I did an Access course but I have literally only just received my certificates today with all my distinctions and merits etc..when the tutor asked me about them yesterday she thought it would be a problem as I could only give her unofficial results from my college. I live in Cardiff but am moving back to Nottingham in a couple of weeks so I had to withdraw my applications to the Uni's in Wales and just hope Notts would have clearing places. I'm really nervous about the group interview though as I've never been to one before. Are you local to Notts? x
Original post by Rhi79
Oh well at least we know we should get something soon as I was beginning to wonder if they had lost my details. I did an Access course but I have literally only just received my certificates today with all my distinctions and merits etc..when the tutor asked me about them yesterday she thought it would be a problem as I could only give her unofficial results from my college. I live in Cardiff but am moving back to Nottingham in a couple of weeks so I had to withdraw my applications to the Uni's in Wales and just hope Notts would have clearing places. I'm really nervous about the group interview though as I've never been to one before. Are you local to Notts? x

I thought that too! I was thinking they may have not heard my email address correctly. Oh cool! Yeah, I live in Nottingham x
Reply 11
Hi. Probably will be good idea to attend the interview first. They just invited you for interview. Did u get confirmation where u have to go for interview next week?
Reply 12
Original post by Rhi79

I am waiting for the magic email too:mad:
Reply 13
Original post by Nick14
I am waiting for the magic email too:mad:

Hope it arrives soon as I'd like to have a bit more of a clue about the day, plus it would stop me questioning whether I misheard them or that my accent had caused them to take my details down incorrectly lol!
Reply 14
Just spoke with somebody from admission, u will get email after 5 oclock
Original post by Nick14
Hi. Probably will be good idea to attend the interview first. They just invited you for interview. Did u get confirmation where u have to go for interview next week?

All that was mentioned was the QMC building :smile: Still waiting for the email unfortunately!
Original post by Nick14

Thank you. I quoted your last message before I saw this one
Reply 17
Original post by Nick14

Yey! Cheers for letting us know :smile:
Original post by Nick14

Original post by Rhi79
Hope it arrives soon as I'd like to have a bit more of a clue about the day, plus it would stop me questioning whether I misheard them or that my accent had caused them to take my details down incorrectly lol!

Let me know when you both receive something :smile: x
Reply 19
Me too I am waiting

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending