The Student Room Group

Received verbal offer etc, yet unsuccessful?

Applied for a course at Leeds through Clearing, received a verbal offer on the phone, met the required UCAS points by a long way, gave the Uni my UCAS information to update it.. even received a call from the leader of my course during the day to welcome me to the Uni come September. Called yesterday to ask about my application since it hadn't been updated on UCAS and they told me to remain patient, all was fine! Check today to find it unsuccessful.. Now have to wait until Monday to call up which is losing me vital time! Anybody else in the same boat/know why this can happen? Surely it's not fair! Hoping it's a mistake..
Original post by UniHopeful22
Applied for a course at Leeds through Clearing, received a verbal offer on the phone, met the required UCAS points by a long way, gave the Uni my UCAS information to update it.. even received a call from the leader of my course during the day to welcome me to the Uni come September. Called yesterday to ask about my application since it hadn't been updated on UCAS and they told me to remain patient, all was fine! Check today to find it unsuccessful.. Now have to wait until Monday to call up which is losing me vital time! Anybody else in the same boat/know why this can happen? Surely it's not fair! Hoping it's a mistake..

Don't know the answers to most of your questions, but Ucas is open tomorrow as a starting point.
Reply 2
You might be able to ring to today, I'm sure at least some unis are keeping lines open over the weekend! Hopefully this was a mistake, so just try and contact them asap :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by emma2013
You might be able to ring to today, I'm sure at least some unis are keeping lines open over the weekend! Hopefully this was a mistake, so just try and contact them asap :smile:

I tried calling today and no luck :frown: starting to worry!
Reply 4
I tried calling today and no luck :frown: starting to worry!

UCAS is open 10-4 tomorrow, as has been mentioned above give them a call. I know they probably wont be able to give you a reason why your uni has decided this, but as you wont be able to get hold of the uni until monday, UCAS is better than nothing. Remember to take down the name of who you speak to at UCAS so you have a reference for any information given :smile:
Reply 5
Had they actually looked on UCAS Track when you were speaking to them or did they just take your word at the time about your points?

I'm asking this not because I'm accusing you of lying, but some exam results are not entered into UCAS and you have to send them manually instead. This applies for most
BTEC courses I believe.

So they might have looked on Track, realised you didn't have enough points (because of a missing result) and rejected you.

Let us know how you get on!

Hopefully it's a mistake, a similar thing happened to my friend. She woke up on results day and her UCAS said she'd been accepted into Portsmouth. Then she logged back in a couple hours later to just take a look at options on clearing etc. and it had changed to say she was unsuccessful. She called them up and they said UCAS had made a mistake and that she was successful. Then later on in the day an e-mail came through saying that she was unsuccessful and that they had made a mistake. She was in hysterics crying and called them up and they said that yes, she had been unsuccessful and they were sorry for the confusion. Then about two hours later they called her and apologised and said she had been accepted! Now her UCAS finally says place confirmed.

So basically, hopefully yours is also a mistake!
Original post by i-love-coffee
Hopefully it's a mistake, a similar thing happened to my friend. She woke up on results day and her UCAS said she'd been accepted into Portsmouth. Then she logged back in a couple hours later to just take a look at options on clearing etc. and it had changed to say she was unsuccessful. She called them up and they said UCAS had made a mistake and that she was successful. Then later on in the day an e-mail came through saying that she was unsuccessful and that they had made a mistake. She was in hysterics crying and called them up and they said that yes, she had been unsuccessful and they were sorry for the confusion. Then about two hours later they called her and apologised and said she had been accepted! Now her UCAS finally says place confirmed.

So basically, hopefully yours is also a mistake!

Dear god. One can only say they've had a record number of people to process, but still.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending