The Student Room Group

What type of students discount cards are they? (for uni)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jeddows
My student card from Worcester worked at pretty much everywhere, and obviously was free. The only place that has been arsey about it is Rymans, which get you to sign up to their 'Student Genius Club' to get 10% off. HOWEVER, if you have an NUS card, use that and you'll get 12.5% off, without signing up with Rymans :wink:
I'm with Lloyds for my student account, and get an NUS card free for 3 years. Had some trouble sorting it out, but managed to get one eventually :smile: Hardly used it when I had my university card, so if you have to buy one, just whether the places you usually shop at accept student cards for discount (if they do, probably not worth getting an NUS card). There's UniDays you can sign up to for online discounts, but I've never used it, and there's also a few other card schemes, such as The Student Card, but tbh I'd just stick with your uni card and/or an NUS card, as these are more likely to be accepted

Unfortunately stupid Rymans don't accept NUS extra cards anymore! Went in with mine last week and they refused
To accept it! So I had to sign up to their card.
So annoying

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
Original post by PotterLaw
Unfortunately stupid Rymans don't accept NUS extra cards anymore! Went in with mine last week and they refused
To accept it! So I had to sign up to their card.
So annoying

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh dam :frown: went to my local one only two or three weeks ago and they were fine with my NUS card, didn't even mention the genius card :'(
Original post by jeddows
Oh dam :frown: went to my local one only two or three weeks ago and they were fine with my NUS card, didn't even mention the genius card :'(

Maybe it's only my local Rymans! Ill try the one on the strand next week

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
Original post by PotterLaw
Maybe it's only my local Rymans! Ill try the one on the strand next week

Posted from TSR Mobile

I dunno, my one is fairly laid back about stuff. They accepted my UCAS card until September last year... It expired two years before that :|
Original post by jeddows
I dunno, my one is fairly laid back about stuff. They accepted my UCAS card until September last year... It expired two years before that :|

Lol like the Odeon in Wimbledon! Love places like that

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending