The Student Room Group

ATAS application

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Vatsal
Hey! do you know when did those three students apply for ATAS??

In late july.
Reply 901
I have lost all hope in getting an ATAS on time. Gonna talk to my University as soon as possible and gonna tell them to transfer me to BEng from MEng and I will just transfer back later in a year. Seriously this has to be one of the most disorganized and least helpful of any governmental departments known to man!!
Reply 902
Got my ATAS today guys!!
date applied: 31/07/2013
date received: 23/09/2013
course: MSc Chemical Process Engineering
Reply 903
WHAO,YOU GUYS HAVE BEEN GREAT HERE....I NEED ADVICE TOO

-I applied for atas into cranfield university on the 20th july, and coventry 31st july using two different email address for each application due to the inability to use the first to fill a new application....expecting the two yet. HOPE THE TWO APPLICATIONS will not delay...COVENTRY IS WHAT I NEED
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 904
Original post by gabson
WHAO,YOU GUYS HAVE BEEN GREAT HERE....I NEED ADVICE TOO

-I applied to cranfield university on the 20th july, and coventry 31st july using two different email address for each application due to the inability to use the first to fill a new application....expecting the two yet. HOPE THE TWO APPLICATIONS will not delay...COVENTRY IS WHAT I NEED

Both ATAS applications will be processed accordingly, you will not be penalised in any way. For the 20th July application, I think you should expect to receive it next week, in fact if you are lucky you may get Coventry one next week. I applied on 19th July and got it today. That should give you hope.
Reply 905
i applied for atas into coventry university, i just saw on my submitted form that

Course Subject 1 year
Course Length MSC Mechanical Engineering

i didnt know that was what i filled. how will this affect or delay my atas cert.....pls help guys
Reply 906
got my atas today....tears of joy.....applied 0n 24th june,....contacting the university .....does help
Reply 907
Original post by Nd13
Got my ATAS today guys!!
date applied: 31/07/2013
date received: 23/09/2013
course: MSc Chemical Process Engineering

Congrats... Now people in late July are getting ATAS.. i myself applied on 25th.. Hopeful to get it in coming week
Reply 908
Original post by gabson
i applied for atas into coventry university, i just saw on my submitted form that

Course Subject 1 year
Course Length MSC Mechanical Engineering

i didnt know that was what i filled. how will this affect or delay my atas cert.....pls help guys

When they start processing your application, they will contact you should they observe that such an error demands your clarification. In my view, that is a minor issue.
Reply 909
Original post by Danera
Both ATAS applications will be processed accordingly, you will not be penalised in any way. For the 20th July application, I think you should expect to receive it next week, in fact if you are lucky you may get Coventry one next week. I applied on 19th July and got it today. That should give you hope.

I FEEL YOU SO MUCH, I RECEIVED THE ATAS INTO CRANFIELD, though i dont need it, i need that of coventry.. you are great..25 working days
Reply 910
Hi all,

I have realized one potential problem in my ATAS application.

My university has given a research paragraph on the offer letter. It was exactly 5 lines long. When i pasted on ATAS application form it was 5 lines long ( i have got print out for this). but now when i see on PdF file ( The one they send you as an acknowledgement email) no of lines are only three.

Do you think ATAS will ask me additional information about research paragraph or will they ask me to agree with uni a new paragraph which is linger than 5 lines?

Gyus do you see this as a big issue? What should I do? My application is under process yet.
Reply 911
Original post by Rising_Sun
In late july.

DEAR friend Rising_Sun,
I was filling my VISA 4 UK application online. i have nearly filled it fully. Before proceeding forward i want to ask you a few doubts.
1. After the review page i have to sign the application and if i press next it says i wont be able to change the details of my application. before going forward i want to ask you what i have to do next after confirming my details is it that i have to choose an appointment date?
2. I am going to choose a tentative appointment date for the visa because i have not received my ATAS still. if i have to reshedule my appointment date should i log in with the same id and password which i used for the application or is it needed to fill in a fresh application with a new log in and password later
these are the two doubts i have now if you have some extra tips regarding this please guide
I know that you have already filed your visa application i want to ask you did they ask for accomodation address to you and other details please tell me what they asked to you when you went to file your visa application.
waiting for your replies
sb
Original post by lizncl
I applied for my ATAS 24/07/2013 and its been 20 working days. Anyone has received theirs? Im freaking out Im supposed to be in Newcastle by 12/09

Hello Lizncl. What course are you going to take in Newcastle University? I applied for my ATAS at 12/07/2013 but I also didn't receive the ATAS Certificate yet. I hope to receive it next week. I'm going to take PG Cert Pipeline Engineering (I hope so... :smile:).
Original post by sribayer
DEAR friend Rising_Sun,
I was filling my VISA 4 UK application online. i have nearly filled it fully. Before proceeding forward i want to ask you a few doubts.
1. After the review page i have to sign the application and if i press next it says i wont be able to change the details of my application. before going forward i want to ask you what i have to do next after confirming my details is it that i have to choose an appointment date?
2. I am going to choose a tentative appointment date for the visa because i have not received my ATAS still. if i have to reshedule my appointment date should i log in with the same id and password which i used for the application or is it needed to fill in a fresh application with a new log in and password later
these are the two doubts i have now if you have some extra tips regarding this please guide
I know that you have already filed your visa application i want to ask you did they ask for accomodation address to you and other details please tell me what they asked to you when you went to file your visa application.
waiting for your replies
sb

Hey SB,

1) Yes, you have to choose your appointment place, date and time. At the application starting it might have asked where you want to file the VISA and you will have chosen a city, at the end by seeing your address it will show the nearest UK high commission or VFS office. You can choose the nearest one and then you will choose the date and time. (Dont worry you will not pay anything now, so after finalizing if you feel you have to change any details then just cancel this application and fill up a new one thats all.)

2) You can change the date and time. You dont need to fill up a new application.
Next time when you go to that UKBA site on the left hand site there is an option called "Existing applicants login here" you have to use that link and the reference number you get after submitting the form.
Reply 914
Hi everybody
I've applied for ATAS on the 31st of July, and in the research area I just write the title of my research
I didn't receive any email from ATAS accept the submitted application
I wonder if that affect my application
Please Gyus help me, what should i do
If you have the proposed research from your Uni, why dont you just send an E-mail to ATAS team to amend the changes ?

That should solve your problem.
Reply 916
Original post by Rising_Sun
If you have the proposed research from your Uni, why dont you just send an E-mail to ATAS team to amend the changes ?

That should solve your problem.

Dear Rising_sun
Thank you for your kind help
The research proposal is too long (2 papers )
It OK to attach it as it is or I should contact my supervisor to send only 5 sentences?
Reply 917
Hey guys,

I applied on the 14th of July, did some final editing before confirming the application which unfortunately didn't register in the system. Emailed them a day later to add the course content that I'll be studying and 2 days ago they emailed me to send them what I sent them on the 15th of July. Now I have no idea how long it's going to take to get my ATAS. Trying to be optimistic here~~~
Reply 918
Original post by Emotional
Hi all,

I have realized one potential problem in my ATAS application.

My university has given a research paragraph on the offer letter. It was exactly 5 lines long. When i pasted on ATAS application form it was 5 lines long ( i have got print out for this). but now when i see on PdF file ( The one they send you as an acknowledgement email) no of lines are only three.

Do you think ATAS will ask me additional information about research paragraph or will they ask me to agree with uni a new paragraph which is linger than 5 lines?

Gyus do you see this as a big issue? What should I do? My application is under process yet.

Don't worry about that, when I received that notification/confirmation PDF, it only contained 2 sentences. I wrote the research proposal that was sent to me by my University. Yesterday (23/08/13) when I finally received the ATAS certificate, the research proposal on my certificate was something like 3 and half sentences. So don't even lose sleep over it, you will get your ATAS without being asked for amendments.
Reply 919
Hi all
If I amend my application, does that affect on the processing time of my application.
Does that mean I will wait another 5-6 weeks.
Anyone have the same issue:confused:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending