The Student Room Group

TSR Non-Drinkers Freshers Thread 2013

Scroll to see replies

Anyone going to Queen Mary? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 581
Original post by laurriette
Hey I am going to Sussex too and definitel a non-drinker! Yeah I am really excited but yeah I really want to meet my flatmates and argghhh I am too excited!

Oh heeeeyyy! I am glad I am not alone! what halls are you staying in? :smile:) Are you ready for freshers?
Original post by Treacle2
I'm not alone!!! yay!!!! although slightly nervous about freshers week .... seems like I wont make friends easy cos everyone else will drink. university of York anyone??

I'm going to York uni as well!!! I don't drink much either so freshers week makes me quite nervous, also not a clubbing person- what college are you in? what are you studying? glad to know I'm not alone in not drinking much :smile:
Reply 583
Hi, will appreciate for any non-drinkers joining Newcastle uni this Sept!! Do let me know!! Many thanks:smile:
Original post by Megabo
Hi, will appreciate for any non-drinkers joining Newcastle uni this Sept!! Do let me know!! Many thanks:smile:

Yaaay me!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 585
im glad to see this thread. i had no friends really at college because i wasnt into 'that' kind of socializing...ive signed up to freshers, brought a ticket and want to go out, but i hate drinking, havent done it since i was 15. its cheaper not to, and it keeps me slim. when people go too far they look ridiculous, i hope i dont get isolated because of my preferences!
Original post by frappe framboise
Are any of you kindred-spirits going to King's College London?

I'm truly dreading Fresher's Week, what with not being a drinker and having never been to a club in my life (and don't wish to!) me thinks I'll end up hiding in my room thus becoming a recluse...

Oh woe is me! :sad:

I am off to KCL!
Original post by londonrose23
I am off to KCL!

Well hullo there prospective friend! :colondollar:

What are you studying and how are you planning on surviving Freshers, eeeek! :unsure:
Anyone heading off to Nottingham university? I feel like I'll be the only one that doesn't like to drink there :redface:
Original post by helvetia
Oh heeeeyyy! I am glad I am not alone! what halls are you staying in? :smile:) Are you ready for freshers?

Hey I am off-campus on Victoria Road. Serves me right for applying late! I am however excited but clueless about the whole Freshers thing. HELP ME!!!! (please of course)

Where you staying?
Original post by MathsNerd1
Anyone heading off to Nottingham university? I feel like I'll be the only one that doesn't like to drink there :redface:

Haha, Maths and not drinking? Glad I'm not the only one!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bexlovescandy
Haha, Maths and not drinking? Glad I'm not the only one!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Indeed, I thought I'd be the only one but at least I'll have someone else there in my position! :biggrin:
Reply 592
Original post by chromni
I firmed Newcastle too! What will you be reading?

Hi there, you're seeing a non-drinker here. I'm international and will be doing accounting and finance. May I know you?
Reply 593
Original post by DashingHero
Hey, totally agree with your way of thinking.

And hopefully I'll be going Newcastle (I'm still desperately waiting for a reply :frown:)

I've applied to study Mechanical engineering. You?

Hi there, I'm international and will be joining Newcastle for accounting and finance this sept. I'm a non-drinker and may I know you?
Original post by Megabo
Hi there, I'm international and will be joining Newcastle for accounting and finance this sept. I'm a non-drinker and may I know you?

Ah I actually got rejected from Newcastle and will be going to Aston. Good luck though :smile:
Original post by frappe framboise
Well hullo there prospective friend! :colondollar:

What are you studying and how are you planning on surviving Freshers, eeeek! :unsure:

I'm studying Mathematics. :smile:
I am planning to survive freshers with ear plugs, tumblr and a Harry potter marathon. No alcohol for me.
How about you?
Reply 596
Hi guys was wondering if any non drinkers are going to Southampton solent, I feel like I'm gonna be the only person ??
I'm strange... I love clubbing and bar crawls, ect, but don't drink much.

Salford fresher studying Comp Sci here! :biggrin:
I've already seen some of my flatmates talk about getting "smashed" during freshers :tongue: I hope I have other room mates who don't drink too...

I'm going to be studying Accounting & Finance at Surrey :smile:
Anyone here Royal Holloway?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending