The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Anybody going to Medway school of Pharmacy in 2013?

Scroll to see replies

21st
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 21
Okay cool, I was hoping to go to both medway and Canterbury freshers, I know that Canterbury campus is the main campus and it will be more lively and fun, anyone else also want to go to the Canterbury freshers? I know there is a free bus whoch takes students from medway straight to Canterbury :smile:
Reply 22
Original post by vinochi
Okay cool, I was hoping to go to both medway and Canterbury freshers, I know that Canterbury campus is the main campus and it will be more lively and fun, anyone else also want to go to the Canterbury freshers? I know there is a free bus whoch takes students from medway straight to Canterbury :smile:

Hey! I'm doing IT at Medway. I was thinking of going to daytime freshers events at Medway and evening freshers events at the Canterbury campus, I'm more of a clubbing guy so the Canterbury events appeal to me better! Yeah, there's an hourly bus that runs from 6:30am to 11pm I think. The real issue is how do you get back to Medway at 4am in the morning after a night out in Canterbury lol.
Reply 23
Original post by vinochi
So I'm guessing you're all going Freshers, when will you guys be going? :smile:

On the 20th! You?:smile:
Reply 24
Original post by rittim
Hey! I'm doing IT at Medway. I was thinking of going to daytime freshers events at Medway and evening freshers events at the Canterbury campus, I'm more of a clubbing guy so the Canterbury events appeal to me better! Yeah, there's an hourly bus that runs from 6:30am to 11pm I think. The real issue is how do you get back to Medway at 4am in the morning after a night out in Canterbury lol.

That's a great idea, best of both, Canterbury will definately have a better night life and there will be more people, I'm up for this! Have you got other people with you to do this or is it just you at the moment? I think the best way is taxi, where everyone in the taxi chips in, I'm not too sure but I think it's around £10 from Canterbury to medway by taxi
Reply 25
Original post by maireadx
On the 20th! You?:smile:

Yeah I'm planning on going on the 20th too :smile:
Reply 26
My accomodation hasn't been booked yet! And yessss! Canterbury campus!! We can get a taxi back and share the price between us! Syked!!!
Reply 27
Original post by rittim

Hey im doing business and management at medway, are you gonna be staying at liberty quays? There is always the option of getting the train back from canterbury as its like 30mins by train :smile:)
Reply 28
Original post by vinochi
That's a great idea, best of both, Canterbury will definately have a better night life and there will be more people, I'm up for this! Have you got other people with you to do this or is it just you at the moment? I think the best way is taxi, where everyone in the taxi chips in, I'm not too sure but I think it's around £10 from Canterbury to medway by taxi

Yup! I don't think I'd really want to attend the evening fresher events at Medway and I probably will spend most of my time at Canterbury even though I'm from Medway (away from lectures). It's just me at the moment, I don't know anyone going Kent myself so I thought I'd hit up TSR :smile: Yeah Taxi would be the best bet that late at night I reckon, or if we find someone that drives that would always help :wink: Worst comes to worse, after a night out you'd sit in a coffee shop or a 24hr McDonalds with a few mates and wait till the buses/trains start running again back to Medway, which doesn't sound too bad since I do it in London all the time hah.

Original post by Huhney
Hey im doing business and management at medway, are you gonna be staying at liberty quays? There is always the option of getting the train back from canterbury as its like 30mins by train :smile:)

I've not gotten my accommodation confirmed yet but I will definitely be staying in Liberty Quays since there's plenty of rooms left there :smile: I think I read it's a bit of a walk to the train station but that doesn't matter hah.
Reply 29
Original post by rittim

Hey man, I totally agree with you regarding freshers. Canterbury seems so much better than the Medway freshers schedule so I'm totally up for going there. I'll probably be spending time at canterbury campus too cause it does seem so much livelier and fun haha. You staying at Liberty Quays?
Reply 30
My accomodation hasn't been booked yet! And yessss! Canterbury campus!! We can get a taxi back and share the price between us! Syked!!!

I'll be joining you in doing Canterbury campus freshers haha. You doing Pharmacy?
Reply 31
Original post by rittim
Yup! I don't think I'd really want to attend the evening fresher events at Medway and I probably will spend most of my time at Canterbury even though I'm from Medway (away from lectures). It's just me at the moment, I don't know anyone going Kent myself so I thought I'd hit up TSR :smile: Yeah Taxi would be the best bet that late at night I reckon, or if we find someone that drives that would always help :wink: Worst comes to worse, after a night out you'd sit in a coffee shop or a 24hr McDonalds with a few mates and wait till the buses/trains start running again back to Medway, which doesn't sound too bad since I do it in London all the time hah.

I've not gotten my accommodation confirmed yet but I will definitely be staying in Liberty Quays since there's plenty of rooms left there :smile: I think I read it's a bit of a walk to the train station but that doesn't matter hah.

Original post by Huhney

Original post by JWelsh1
Hey man, I totally agree with you regarding freshers. Canterbury seems so much better than the Medway freshers schedule so I'm totally up for going there. I'll probably be spending time at canterbury campus too cause it does seem so much livelier and fun haha. You staying at Liberty Quays?

This is great! It seems like we all agree in attending parts of Canterbury freshers and also medway freshers, best of both worlds, Canterbury would defiantly be good for night life, but medway will also be good to get to know people that are actually around you. We should organise and go together, I would want to go to Canterbury freshers alone, and the best way is to tag along with medway students I'm also a bit confused on how freshers work, do we just get there at the place at the right time without knowing anyone??? I just want to make sure I get to know/ know of as many people as possible during freshers.
Reply 32
im going too!!! getting really excited now. :smile: definitely up for the Canterbury/medway freshers thing.
Reply 33
Original post by vinochi
This is great! It seems like we all agree in attending parts of Canterbury freshers and also medway freshers, best of both worlds, Canterbury would defiantly be good for night life, but medway will also be good to get to know people that are actually around you. We should organise and go together, I would want to go to Canterbury freshers alone, and the best way is to tag along with medway students I'm also a bit confused on how freshers work, do we just get there at the place at the right time without knowing anyone??? I just want to make sure I get to know/ know of as many people as possible during freshers.

Hey most of the events are at coopers so u just turn up, have u liked the page on fb? if theres a small community of us that are wanting to go then im sure we'll figure something out :smile: and same!! Im reallyyyy nervous about uni still, but will probs see u all at freshers! :smile:
Reply 34
Original post by JWelsh1
I'll be joining you in doing Canterbury campus freshers haha. You doing Pharmacy?

Yes! Pharmacy are you? Can't wait to go out haha where you from?
Reply 35
Original post by JWelsh1

Yep, I should be at Liberty Quays :biggrin:

Original post by vinochi

I'm guessing the very few first people you meet would be your flatmates etc. You'll probably end up tagging along with them to fresher events so you won't be left out. During evening events at clubs and what not, it's totally down to you how social you get with others :wink: You won't know anyone at these events but the whole point in them is to meet other people that are in the same boat as you, so you'll be fine.
Reply 36

Haha yeah same, can't wait for freshers!
Reply 37
Original post by rittim
Yep, I should be at Liberty Quays :biggrin:

I'm guessing the very few first people you meet would be your flatmates etc. You'll probably end up tagging along with them to fresher events so you won't be left out. During evening events at clubs and what not, it's totally down to you how social you get with others :wink: You won't know anyone at these events but the whole point in them is to meet other people that are in the same boat as you, so you'll be fine.

Original post by kaypc
im going too!!! getting really excited now. :smile: definitely up for the Canterbury/medway freshers thing.

Original post by christina_a
21st

Should definitely get adding on Facebook so we can meet up and organise getting back from Canterbury freshers
Reply 38
Hi guyssssss.....need some advice, i know that people on this forum r going Medway, butttt.....i also have the option to go to DMU ....dunno which to chose, any feedback would be ace...p.s i live in leics.
Reply 39

Hey guys, i am bloody excited as well for the freshers week, when are u guys planning to go to medway? Are any of u staying at liberty quays? And yeah, lets form a group of people and take a ride to canterbury, it'll be amazing!
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending