The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 9860
Seeing people tweet we've bought/loaned Coentrao, wtf?
Original post by Zürich
Anyone who says Arsenal are trying to buy success needs a kicking. Heads gone

Obvious sarcasm was obvious
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Arsenal have tripled their transfer record to get fourth place. If we tripled out transfer record, people would say we're buying the title :colonhash:

Arsenal and United earned their place and live within their means (AFAIK). Buying the title refers to clubs spending beyond their means (chelsea/City) massively with short term success in mind. I'd never accuse United of buying the title even if they'd spent 100m on Bale.
Original post by Cutmeloose
You just paid more for one player than Manchester City or United have ever paid by over £10 million.

Can't play that card anymore.

Well 1) It's Arsenal's money not some Arab geezer's and 2)Our net spend is still about 60m vs 300m for Utd and god knows what for City/Chelsea

Heaads gone.
A lot of tweets flying about saying Fellaini is signed...
Reply 9865
Just been mentioned on BBC1, so yeah looking like he has been. Just waiting official confirmation.
Original post by Zürich

I'd say you didn't spend enough. 100 odd million in the bank and all you've spent is 50 odd doesn't seem right some how. Didn't buy the players you really needed.

Wenger has played a masterstroke here, knew he wouldn't be making the signings he wanted so bought in Ozil to impress the fans. And I can say its worked!
Sam Wallace ‏@SamWallaceIndy 3m
Fabio Coentrao signs loan deal for #MUFC. Everton wouldn't sell Leighton Baines for £15m

What the ****?
Reply 9868
Its a ****ing panic buy...what were those dumb**** doing all summer, surely they realised there was a clause in Fellaini's contract? Overpaying by over 4 million pounds.....Wow never been so mad even though we managed to sign a player at the end.
Reply 9869
Anyone want to join me in the creation of a get Woodward out campaign.
Original post by Pete_Lawton
Arsenal and United earned their place and live within their means (AFAIK). Buying the title refers to clubs spending beyond their means (chelsea/City) massively with short term success in mind. I'd never accuse United of buying the title even if they'd spent 100m on Bale.

It was a joke.

How can the Coentrao rumour be gaining speed at this time.
Lukaku gone to Everton. Very pleased to see Chelsea weakened up front.
Reply 9872
Original post by DaveSmith99
Fabio Coentrao signs loan deal for #MUFC. Everton wouldn't sell Leighton Baines for £15m

What the ****?

Yeah, no idea.

Coentrao's decent, but a loan what? We're not getting rid of Evra, so he's going from Madrid's bench to ours? I don't get that.
Coentrao....?????

What's happend with Buttner and fabio? LOL...
Reply 9874
Why are we getting Coentrao?? Where did that even come from?
We'll play Coentrao left wing, he'll be great there. This loan rumour is more exciting than Fellaini ffs.
Original post by xDave-
Seeing people tweet we've bought/loaned Coentrao, wtf?

This broke just as the window finished that we were TRYING to get him on loan and it seems we got him? After Everton rejected £15m bid for Baines.
Original post by DaveSmith99

What the ****?

LOL if thats true! Although he can play as a winger which may be of help to us.
Coentrao? Just when I thought today couldn't get anymore ridiculous.
Original post by Zürich
Well 1) It's Arsenal's money not some Arab geezer's and 2)Our net spend is still about 60m vs 300m for Utd and god knows what for City/Chelsea

Heaads gone.

Original post by Zürich

Read what you said on both post.

You've just gone and spent £43million on one player = attempt to buy success. Think or at least be explicit before speaking.

Cretin.

Latest