The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tcrumpen
Excatly, and we should talk more anyway so :smile:

Hahaha! Everyone wants to talk to the Holbster! :mmm:

Original post by james1211
I'm not sure, it might be because i haven't had much sleep this week or it might be because I've started something new and stressful and need to settle in. Just been overthinking really. I worry about the future on an almost daily basis :rolleyes:

Ah i see, he'll probably be less busy after the first week :smile:

I worry about the future so much! I'm always thinking about what I'm going to do once my degree is finished. I'm sure once you've been at your job a couple of weeks and you've fully settled into your role you'll be much more comfortable and relaxed. Just have to keep persevering sometimes.

Yeah maybe, but when his fresher's finishes I start my first week back. :lol: I'll see him in November though. I wanted to give him like 2 months to fully settle in to his new accommodation and make friends before I went down there. And it costs loads. :lol:
Three hours :eek: that doesn't sound good. Last time that happened to me, well, let's not get into that but it involved the doctors :s-smilie:

I legit nearly pissed myself in costa haha. Omg three hours was absolute torture and so by the time it happened the second time, my bladder was already hurting haha nightmare!
Original post by lauraaaaa
Okay so I realised today that you can end up desperate for a piss for three hours TWICE in one day...ouch

Don't even get me started on urological issues! :rofl: Had them all my life. Three hours is good for me. Stupid kidneys.

Original post by Tilly-Elizabeth
Don't scare me I thought you'd broken up! Yes I am lurking on this thread. :tongue:

Hahaha! You'll be pleased to know that we haven't then. :tongue:
Original post by Holby_fanatic
Don't even get me started on urological issues! :rofl: Had them all my life. Three hours is good for me. Stupid kidneys.

Oh it wasn't just three hours haha it was three hours once I became desperate...nightmare haha. I feel for ya!
Reply 764
Hahaha! Everyone wants to talk to the Holbster! :mmm:

I worry about the future so much! I'm always thinking about what I'm going to do once my degree is finished. I'm sure once you've been at your job a couple of weeks and you've fully settled into your role you'll be much more comfortable and relaxed. Just have to keep persevering sometimes.

Yeah maybe, but when his fresher's finishes I start my first week back. :lol: I'll see him in November though. I wanted to give him like 2 months to fully settle in to his new accommodation and make friends before I went down there. And it costs loads. :lol:

you're niceto talk to
Hahaha! You'll be pleased to know that we haven't then. :tongue:

Phew! If you guys break up then you won't have a plus one for my wedding :wink:. Why are our conversations so odd all the time? :tongue:

Three hours is amazing. I have a tiny bladder and I can hardly go an hour! With work I've got it up to 2-2.5 hours! I had a scan once and I had to drink some water for it - I didn't even drink much and they were like - it's really full. I was like I KNOW THAT!
Reply 766
Phew! If you guys break up then you won't have a plus one for my wedding :wink:. Why are our conversations so odd all the time? :tongue:

Three hours is amazing. I have a tiny bladder and I can hardly go an hour! With work I've got it up to 2-2.5 hours! I had a scan once and I had to drink some water for it - I didn't even drink much and they were like - it's really full. I was like I KNOW THAT!

Wedding to who??
Wedding to who??

Some guy :smile:.

My bladders really strong so I can go hours and hours but oh my god I honestly could have pissed myself haha
Reply 769
Stop talking about waz, otherwise i'll end up wazzing like a greyhound.
Reply 770
I legit nearly pissed myself in costa haha. Omg three hours was absolute torture and so by the time it happened the second time, my bladder was already hurting haha nightmare!

Could have been worse, I did that once riding my bike because I refused to piss in public in a bush and the muscles got locked shut so I had to have a hot bath to "relax" :redface:

Don't know why I'm saying this out loud.

Yeah maybe, I'm actually really worried i'll be **** at it and never learn it properly because it's a high pressure high risk job. I'm on track for a first in my degree but it's really no reflection of the actual job. I can be let off now because i'm new to the career but what if in 5 years time I still can't do it, or I get something wrong and lose my company hundred's of thousands of pounds in liability because I missed a regulation designing something?

Such is life though I guess, it wouldn't pay if it wasn't hard. I'm also sitting here analysing my social life even though i'm out three to four times a week doing snooker, tennis and mountain biking and have enough close friends, but for some reason I think it's inadequate or i'm worried i'll lose it. :rolleyes: Totally irrational thoughts.
(edited 10 years ago)
Oh it wasn't just three hours haha it was three hours once I became desperate...nightmare haha. I feel for ya!

Yeah, same for me. Also, I'll just sit down for food or to watch TV and within a minute I'll have to get back up again. Every. Time. :unimpressed:

you're niceto talk to

Awww thank you! As are you.

My plus one is my ego. :wink:

I've been told I have a large bladder and I was like, "Are you even qualified?!" Ah, when I have ultrasounds and they're like, "Drink water an hour and half before" I secretly want to cry. Painful times.
Reply 772

Do i know him ... :tongue:
Original post by IDukem

Sorry, haha
Reply 774

It's okay...you can tell them :'-)
My bladders really strong so I can go hours and hours but oh my god I honestly could have pissed myself haha

I actually can't. I hardly get through an exam because I need to go so badly!

Original post by IDukem

Whaaaaaaat?! :tongue:

My plus one is my ego. :wink:

I've been told I have a large bladder and I was like, "Are you even qualified?!" Ah, when I have ultrasounds and they're like, "Drink water an hour and half before" I secretly want to cry. Painful times.

Sorry you'll need a plus 2. I'll make a mental note for when I do invitations :tongue:.

hahahaha I definitely didn't by the look on her face! I actually did cry I think - I honestly couldn't sit comfortably in the waiting room - I ended up almost lying down because every way I stood or sat felt like I would actually piss myself!
Yeah maybe, I'm actually really worried i'll be **** at it and never learn it properly because it's a high pressure high risk job. I'm on track for a first in my degree but it's really no reflection of the actual job. I can be let off now because i'm new to the career but what if in 5 years time I still can't do it, or I get something wrong and lose my company hundred's of thousands of pounds in liability because I missed a regulation designing something?

Such is life though I guess, it wouldn't pay if it wasn't hard.

You are overthinking things far too much. You're there 5 days a week - you WILL learn how to do things correctly and within company regulation. It's all just new to you right now. Once you've been there for a couple of months you'll probably be laughing at how much you were worrying about it.

Just deal with it and move on. I've got that skill down. :tongue:
Do i know him ... :tongue:

Well you might do. I don't know who they are yet so anybody might know them :tongue:.

Spoiler

Original post by IDukem
It's okay...you can tell them :'-)

hahaha :tongue:.
Could have been worse, I did that once riding my bike because I refused to piss in public in a bush and the muscles got locked shut so I had to have a hot bath to "relax" :redface:

Don't know why I'm saying this out loud.

Oh I know what you mean haha. Nothing is tmi for me! It was awful, I was three hours from home as well, that would have been awkward walking round all day!
Sorry you'll need a plus 2. I'll make a mental note for when I do invitations :tongue:.

hahahaha I definitely didn't by the look on her face! I actually did cry I think - I honestly couldn't sit comfortably in the waiting room - I ended up almost lying down because every way I stood or sat felt like I would actually piss myself!

Yes, I will need a plus 2. :tongue:

My gosh sitting there waiting for it is so annoying. And then they do a quick exam and press on your abdomen and for a second you actually think you will die. :colondollar:

Latest