The Student Room Group

Anyone starting access to nursing at Truro college Sept?

Hi,

just wondered if there was anyone starting access to nursing at Truro college on 11 th September 2013?

excited, anxious, nervous?
Reply 1
I'm doing access to teaching and humanities in September at Truro :smile: I've not actually come across anyone else here that has been to Truro College so thought I would say hi anyways haha :redface:

It feels like our induction is so much later than everyone elses haha. Good luck with your course! :smile:
Reply 2
Hi,

thanks for your reply!

ive been to Truro college twice before, first time was 10 years ago when I was studying English as an undergrad as it used to be a campus of Exeter and 5 years ago when I was on a post 16 PGCE and teaching English! Third time lucky hopefully for me doing access to nursing.

yes, you're right it does seem a lot later to be on induction but I've got a feeling we will hit the ground running as we finish in May! Good luck with your course, I'm sure you'll enjoy the course. I have a few friends who teach on access courses and they really love teaching it.

good luck,
Reply 3
I recently finished Access to Nursing at Swindon college and one of our lecturers, Ali, has since left to teach Access at Truro college. You are very lucky :smile:
Reply 4
Hi, just wanted to say that I am currently studying at truro and have Ali for biology and you're right we are very lucky, she's ace :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by SteelRose
I recently finished Access to Nursing at Swindon college and one of our lecturers, Ali, has since left to teach Access at Truro college. You are very lucky :smile:

Your right, she's ace :smile:
Reply 6
I did an access course in psychology & counselling theory in 2005 at Truro College.
Best thing I ever did... really helped me get to where I wanted to be in my chosen career.
It was really hard, especially coping with the workload and I struggled on it at times (and boring aspects of it as well), however by the time I got to degree level... that was easy in comparison! Good luck! - Also.. the marks they give you for your work... do correlate with the marks you can expect at uni!
(edited 10 years ago)
I have also applied to Truro, just not for access to HE but A-levels. I hope it's as good as it's supposed to be!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending