The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2800
Original post by Jaydiee
Im sure your posts have been brilliant but I do not remember them :frown: Im sorry. Although saying that I started to post a lot less in XIV as I got closer to my finals in the summer. And everytime I did find time to come on, the thread would be about 10 pages on and it was too difficult to go back and try and catch up!

Yeah I don't remember yours either i'm afraid :frown: I have heard good things about you though :smile: When I first posted in my first thread of this place, I did it towards the end of it's days. I struggle at times and so I just post on any quotes for me and whatever is talked about on the page i'm currently looking at at :lol:

So are you planning on sticking around or are you like The Rock in wrestling where you'll pop up every once in a while? :smile:
Original post by lauraaaaa
Sheffield, Sheffield Hallam, Huddersfield, Cardiff, Bangor, Northumbria, Lancaster and then I have Nottingham tomorrow and York next weekend! Oh, that sounds like a good idea. Especially if you're working or have a family or whatever, not that you have but you know what I mean? I'm not sure I'd have the motivation to do it on my own. Should have done homework tonight and I haven't :/ Sunday will therefore be a looooong day!

Wow loads of places! Do you have a preference for one you really like yet? I know someone who is visiting the York open day, but I have no idea when I assume it's next weekend too. Yeah it is. Plus they do the course I want to do and I couldn't find it many universities that were close by. Oh I actually managed to do my work! 7 hours eugh! :tongue:
I went to one on a Wednesday but it was in the holidays so I didn't miss school although I have no lessons on Wednesday's so it wouldn't really matter! Fair enough, I have no idea where to apply!

Ah. :redface: None at all?! Wow! :tongue:
Original post by Tilly-Elizabeth
Wow loads of places! Do you have a preference for one you really like yet? I know someone who is visiting the York open day, but I have no idea when I assume it's next weekend too. Yeah it is. Plus they do the course I want to do and I couldn't find it many universities that were close by. Oh I actually managed to do my work! 7 hours eugh! :tongue:

No :/ all of them have been very similar because most want the same grades so they're of a similar standard. Also, each have something which stands out so if I could combine all of those then I'd have the perfect uni. Definitely applying to both Sheffield ones but I duno after that. Keep changing my mind about going away and staying. Not in terms of whether i'll miss home or not because I know that won't be a problem, just more of whether it's worth it for all the extra money it'll cost to go away.
Yeah, it sounds good if you're motivated, just not sure I would be! Is it treated the same as a 'normal' degree for getting onto masters etc?
I would have done mine if I'd have come straight home at lunch but my mother wanted to go out for lunch so I ended up out of working frame of mind. Tbh though, I've had that much homework recently that I proper need some time off so hopefully having tonight off will have helped me recharge a little.
Original post by hollieeilloh
Ah. :redface: None at all?! Wow! :tongue:

I have tutorial which will become general studies after ucas applications have been sent. It's just a little pointless for me at the minute because I've done my personal statement and completed my ucas form apart from my choices which I can't really complete untill I've been to the open days so there isn't really anything for me to do :/ Tbh, even when it's general studies, it isn't the most helpful because we don't have enough time to talk about even a fifth of what could come up on our exam but oh well it's an 'easy day'. It would be more helpful to have the day off though so I could get straight on with work!
Original post by Spontogical
Hmm so you are slightly older than me. :colonhash:

Renovating the house, from head to toe. My bro's room is looking aweshum! I should take pics, we've finished the painting so far. Lol Jadeus goes to the gym - well this is a new development in my books :colone: - you must be making some pretty awesome gains! How comes you start work so early? :s-smilie:

Haha Tevez isn't, but it reminded me of that period in 2011-2012 when Tevez left Man City to go play golf for a few months and then return to help them win the league when he had a fallout with Mancini :rofl2:

23 in 3 months tomorrow exactly! Yeah but only slightly.

Ooooo, my mums just bought me a flat to live in (got to pay rent obviously) so when we get the keys to that we'll do it all up. I'll take pics too and put them on FaceyB when we get round to doing it up!

Well I dont gym every day! Because theres a 7-3 shift or a 3-11 shift so Id rather do early shift.

Ohh haha, well he would be doing a Tevez then if he was then coming back to help City win the league :tongue:
No :/ all of them have been very similar because most want the same grades so they're of a similar standard. Also, each have something which stands out so if I could combine all of those then I'd have the perfect uni. Definitely applying to both Sheffield ones but I duno after that. Keep changing my mind about going away and staying. Not in terms of whether i'll miss home or not because I know that won't be a problem, just more of whether it's worth it for all the extra money it'll cost to go away.
Yeah, it sounds good if you're motivated, just not sure I would be! Is it treated the same as a 'normal' degree for getting onto masters etc?
I would have done mine if I'd have come straight home at lunch but my mother wanted to go out for lunch so I ended up out of working frame of mind. Tbh though, I've had that much homework recently that I proper need some time off so hopefully having tonight off will have helped me recharge a little.

I went to see uni of kent twice and I loved it, but I decided open uni fit better for me. hahaha yeah that's always a problem they all offer something good and unique. I cannot afford to live out and my parents can't pay for me, but my dad earns too much for me to get a decent maintenance loan. It wouldn't cover the costs of food and books and stuff!
I'm quite motivated and I'm passionate about the subject, so I'd be ok. Yeah it's regarded as exactly the same. You get a 2.1 or whatever just like a normal degree. In fact there is not any difference between an open uni degree or a degree from cambridge or york or anywhere. You can even continue to do masters and phds. I wouldn't opt for an open uni masters because they don't offer very many, but I'd do a phd at open uni - it's really good.
Ah right I see. My mum accused me of being a hermit cause I always refuse to go out haha! I didn't have homework as such but just went over all the work and stuff we did in class. Plus maths. Yeah you always need a night off at some point :tongue:.
I wonder what it feels like to blow your brains out with a gun. Would it hurt or not, cause it'd be over in like seconds, but it does so much trauma it would hurt. ?
I suppose it would feel the same as like watching a Katie Price documentary. :/
Original post by IDukem
Yeah I don't remember yours either i'm afraid :frown: I have heard good things about you though :smile: When I first posted in my first thread of this place, I did it towards the end of it's days. I struggle at times and so I just post on any quotes for me and whatever is talked about on the page i'm currently looking at at :lol:

So are you planning on sticking around or are you like The Rock in wrestling where you'll pop up every once in a while? :smile:

How rude :eek: ....forgiven! Good things, only from Sponge I'm sure, everyone else I know has disappeared.
Thats what I do, otherwise by the time you go back 10 pages to catch up, the thread has moved on another 5 pages from the one you originally started on.

I'm like The Rock. I pop up every so often, then take a break to make a cheesy film.
I went to see uni of kent twice and I loved it, but I decided open uni fit better for me. hahaha yeah that's always a problem they all offer something good and unique. I cannot afford to live out and my parents can't pay for me, but my dad earns too much for me to get a decent maintenance loan. It wouldn't cover the costs of food and books and stuff!
I'm quite motivated and I'm passionate about the subject, so I'd be ok. Yeah it's regarded as exactly the same. You get a 2.1 or whatever just like a normal degree. In fact there is not any difference between an open uni degree or a degree from cambridge or york or anywhere. You can even continue to do masters and phds. I wouldn't opt for an open uni masters because they don't offer very many, but I'd do a phd at open uni - it's really good.
Ah right I see. My mum accused me of being a hermit cause I always refuse to go out haha! I didn't have homework as such but just went over all the work and stuff we did in class. Plus maths. Yeah you always need a night off at some point :tongue:.

Yeah, it's annoying because I could make the perfect uni haha. Weird to think that this time next year I'll be nearly moving in if I'm going away! My parents also earn too much for much of a maintenance loan so my parents would have to pay £700 more for accommodation plus living costs :/
Sounds like a good idea then if it's regarded the same and everything. Unless I change my mind, I need a phD but luckily you can get onto it with work experience rather than a masters because my family don't have £6000 to fund a masters by ourselves!
My mum actually shouts at me for not going anywhere and staying in my room all the time doing work. I've had SO much homework to say I've only been back a week. It's not even hard stuff, just stuff that takes aaaaaaaaages like making notes from textbooks or writing essays which require you to look through class notes then draft and re draft. Plus, with going to Cardiff open day last week, I couldn't do any work on Saturday and so I was working aaaall day Sunday so I haven't had any time to just relax so I really need a weekend off already aha
Original post by Jaydiee
23 in 3 months tomorrow exactly! Yeah but only slightly.

Ooooo, my mums just bought me a flat to live in (got to pay rent obviously) so when we get the keys to that we'll do it all up. I'll take pics too and put them on FaceyB when we get round to doing it up!

Well I dont gym every day! Because theres a 7-3 shift or a 3-11 shift so Id rather do early shift.

Ohh haha, well he would be doing a Tevez then if he was then coming back to help City win the league :tongue:

You lucky bi--- :biggrin: - can't wait to see your piccys. Man, house prices must be so affordable around your parts. I keep looking at London and it scares me from even getting on the property ladder at all :pinch:

Agreed, the early shift is definitely better haah - I could never do a 3pm to 11pm - sounds too daunting.

Coming back to a wonderful girlfriend, rivals winning the PL don't you think? :wink:
Reply 2811
Original post by Jaydiee
How rude :eek: ....forgiven! Good things, only from Sponge I'm sure, everyone else I know has disappeared.
Thats what I do, otherwise by the time you go back 10 pages to catch up, the thread has moved on another 5 pages from the one you originally started on.

I'm like The Rock. I pop up every so often, then take a break to make a cheesy film.

You didn't remember mine!!!! Forgiven also. Spiral said good things about you to me a few times also :smile:
Yes exactly, I remember wanting to quote someone, but I needed to help a neighbour out and I was like "I'll quote them when I get back", 20 minutes later 10 pages or so rolled by and I lost track and couldn't be bothered finding it :lol:

Hey! I liked 'The Gameplan' :colondollar:
Original post by Sphodromantis
I wonder what it feels like to blow your brains out with a gun. Would it hurt or not, cause it'd be over in like seconds, but it does so much trauma it would hurt. ?
I suppose it would feel the same as like watching a Katie Price documentary. :/

Depends if the shot was fatal or not. There was this story of a girl and she moved when she was shot in the head and it went right across her face and she lost her whole nose, one eye, and half her mouth. That would be painful. It's also like that guy who got stressed in his exams so he put two pencils up his nose and slammed his head on the table - the pencils instantly killed him so he didn't feel it.
hahahaha yeah it would
btw that's a really odd thought!?

Yeah, it's annoying because I could make the perfect uni haha. Weird to think that this time next year I'll be nearly moving in if I'm going away! My parents also earn too much for much of a maintenance loan so my parents would have to pay £700 more for accommodation plus living costs :/
Sounds like a good idea then if it's regarded the same and everything. Unless I change my mind, I need a phD but luckily you can get onto it with work experience rather than a masters because my family don't have £6000 to fund a masters by ourselves!
My mum actually shouts at me for not going anywhere and staying in my room all the time doing work. I've had SO much homework to say I've only been back a week. It's not even hard stuff, just stuff that takes aaaaaaaaages like making notes from textbooks or writing essays which require you to look through class notes then draft and re draft. Plus, with going to Cardiff open day last week, I couldn't do any work on Saturday and so I was working aaaall day Sunday so I haven't had any time to just relax so I really need a weekend off already aha

They should let students design a perfect uni. Oh wow yeah. I have to make a decision - to continue maths to A2 or go to uni next year. Either way I can get on my course - it's whether I want the full a-level or not. Yeah it's a real pain - they don't even earn much. My mum only works part time so her wage is tiny, but my dad doesn't exactly earn loads. Yeah I'd have about the same.
Yeah that's why I like it - I wouldn't have gone for it if they weren't the same. I might do a phd without doing a masters first. I know you can do it, but it's more challenging. I can't afford a masters so I may have to skip that stage.
My mum does too. She was like "being a hermit is not healthy. Do you have friends?" I was like - I'm not a hermit! I have a couple of sheets, but maths is worse cause of the self teaching eugh. Wow you're school gives loads of work, mine just expect you to read the revision guides and stuff - which most people don't do! Yeah it's all so busy now I miss the holidays where I sat around and did nothing all day.
Original post by Jack22031994
Feel a little better now

Glad to hear it:smile::party:

You're going to run out of font sizes pretty soon:tongue:
Original post by Jack22031994
Feel a little better now

That's good! :h:
Original post by incipientT
Glad to hear it:smile::party:

You're going to run out of font sizes pretty soon:tongue:

Yeah lol - just testing them all.

Original post by shadowdweller
That's good! :h:

Yeah it is although I still feel a little s**t but I guess thats just natural right?
Depends if the shot was fatal or not. There was this story of a girl and she moved when she was shot in the head and it went right across her face and she lost her whole nose, one eye, and half her mouth. That would be painful. It's also like that guy who got stressed in his exams so he put two pencils up his nose and slammed his head on the table - the pencils instantly killed him so he didn't feel it.
hahahaha yeah it would
btw that's a really odd thought!?

x.

Ohh, thats ****ing violent. Two pencils? like in batman though, TV's teaching kids to ****ing end it. Strengthen the gene pool. I know its really odd, but i also thought, do bees realise they are going to die once they've stung someone?
They should let students design a perfect uni. Oh wow yeah. I have to make a decision - to continue maths to A2 or go to uni next year. Either way I can get on my course - it's whether I want the full a-level or not. Yeah it's a real pain - they don't even earn much. My mum only works part time so her wage is tiny, but my dad doesn't exactly earn loads. Yeah I'd have about the same.
Yeah that's why I like it - I wouldn't have gone for it if they weren't the same. I might do a phd without doing a masters first. I know you can do it, but it's more challenging. I can't afford a masters so I may have to skip that stage.
My mum does too. She was like "being a hermit is not healthy. Do you have friends?" I was like - I'm not a hermit! I have a couple of sheets, but maths is worse cause of the self teaching eugh. Wow you're school gives loads of work, mine just expect you to read the revision guides and stuff - which most people don't do! Yeah it's all so busy now I miss the holidays where I sat around and did nothing all day.

Haha it'd be great! Yeah, there's pros and cons to both really, like getting the full A level would look better than just the AS for your phD or whatever but then if you have the qualifications to do your open university (do you actually need any? that isn't meant to sound horrible, I just heard that you don't necessarily need qualifications to do open uni?) then it seems a little pointless doing another year just for the A2.
My parents earn about £58,000 between them which does SOUND a lot, but really, it isn't. We still have the mortgage and I have a younger sister which they have to pay for etc. We go on holiday most years but have recently been putting them on credit cards and have had to pay for them afterwards and we aren't even doing that next year, we aren't going at all so it isn't like we have three holidays per year and drive fancy cars. That's why I think it's unfair that I only get £3850 or something like that in terms of maintenance loan, it doesn't even cover accommodation costs in first year!
My mother complains about me not going out aaall the time, yet complains about my sister who goes out every weekend with her friends and asks for money all the time so I don't get why she's complaining about me!
We get lots of work because, to be honest, one of my teachers for one subject is absolutely useless so you basically have to teach yourself! I need to buy some revision guides actually! I'm supposed to be making my revision materials at the moment but the sheer volume of homework has meant that I physically can't do it for lack of time. I dread to think what my mental health will be like by the end of the year if my depression and anxiety are getting bad again after a week at school!
I reeeally should have made my revision in the six weeks, regretting it now, I never learn :frown:
Panic attacks are the worst.
Original post by Spontogical
You lucky bi--- :biggrin: - can't wait to see your piccys. Man, house prices must be so affordable around your parts. I keep looking at London and it scares me from even getting on the property ladder at all :pinch:

Agreed, the early shift is definitely better haah - I could never do a 3pm to 11pm - sounds too daunting.

Coming back to a wonderful girlfriend, rivals winning the PL don't you think? :wink:

No its still very expensive, just not AS expensive at London, so yeah Im not surprised youre scared! I have to pay rent, its not like I can live there for free.

Well at least I get evenings to do stuff too.

N'awww thanks :flutter: and at least he's not got a face like Tevez- he's stuck with that for life unfortunately.

Original post by IDukem
You didn't remember mine!!!! Forgiven also. Spiral said good things about you to me a few times also :smile:
Yes exactly, I remember wanting to quote someone, but I needed to help a neighbour out and I was like "I'll quote them when I get back", 20 minutes later 10 pages or so rolled by and I lost track and couldn't be bothered finding it :lol:

Hey! I liked 'The Gameplan' :colondollar:

I would thank Spiral if he were here!

Some nights the thread used to go quiet. Used to be Friday/Saturday nights. Apparently, I'm the only one who didn't have a life those nights :frown:

I had to watch GI Joe last night

Latest