The Student Room Group

Dentistry Graduate Entry 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
I got 695 in my ukcat best hopes for me personally are on Aberdeen and kings! And how have you already received an interview :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by merrmerr
Why only three? are they all GEP?

I've applied to kings GEP, Kings5yr, UCLan & Barts. So far I have an interview at kings for the five year program. Have you finished your degree or are you in final year?

They are the uni's that i'm interested in going to and are all GEP. I would have applied to a 5yr course but realistically I can't afford it. I finished my degree in the summer.

Well done on the King's interview, I had no idea they were sending out interviews so soon.
Reply 102
Does barts do graduate entry?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 103
submitted my application finally! good luck everyone!
Reply 104
Does anyone know how much emphasis aberdeen put on the transcripts you have to submit?
Reply 105
Lol sorry i should have mentioned - I'm doing my undergrad at kings and they do an internal screening application for only their own students during the summer, for the 5 year program only. I got an interview that way, so thought I would try my luck for the 4 year program.
Reply 106
Original post by Tubz123
Does barts do graduate entry?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No ...
Reply 107
Original post by *ChooseToShine*
Hello, I've sent mine off too! Really glad it's out of the way now. Just have to sit back & wait.
I've applied to Liverpool, King's & UClLan. How about yourself? :smile:

You could still potentially add Aberdeen ... it's a 4 year course too. :smile:
Finally submitted that damn personal statement. The Leeds open day personal statement workshop was very useful on Saturday!

Was really impressed with how modern dentistry at Leeds is and how professional all students were.
anyone go to the liverpool open day? anything they can share cuz i missed it
Yea the depressing atmosphere xD
Reply 111
Are there any graduates/mature students applying to Plymouth?
Reply 112
Sent mine off too applying for graduate jobs just incase though.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by aj_student
anyone go to the liverpool open day? anything they can share cuz i missed it

You REALLY didn't miss out on anything.
All the information provided was already available on their website.
And I second the comment about the depressing atmosphere.
Reply 114
How does everyone feel now the deadline is gone?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 115
Hi I am considering applying next year in which case I will get some dentist related work experience under my belt.

Can anyone give me a rough idea if I would stand a chance as I don't have a biology degree/A level?

me:

low 2.1 MChem from Oxford

A levels (pre A*) : A Chemistry A Physics A Maths A Furthermaths
As: B English Literature

GCSEs: 8A*s and 3 As
Reply 116
Original post by Bloodbath
Hi I am considering applying next year in which case I will get some dentist related work experience under my belt.

Can anyone give me a rough idea if I would stand a chance as I don't have a biology degree/A level?

me:

low 2.1 MChem from Oxford

A levels (pre A*) : A Chemistry A Physics A Maths A Furthermaths
As: B English Literature

GCSEs: 8A*s and 3 As

You'll definitely need some background in biology, to AS level at least. I suggest you enroll onto a Biology A-level course with a local college and self-study, whilst applying to dental school with a predicted grade.

If you look at the entry requirements for the dental courses, you'll see they want significant biology content in either your degree or alternatively an AS/A2 level in biology.
any1 had any updates on track? when do u guys think we'l start getting replies
Reply 118
Well the rejections normally start coming round in December and the interviews come round after January.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 119
Just found out i got a Merit for my Masters! so relieved

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest