The Student Room Group

Normal to freak out?

I know I have issues with trust and commitment but whenever I start talking to a guy it gets me so nervous and anxious that I have to completely stop talking to him. My stomach just gets sick thinking about it. How can I want to be in a relationship but yet feel like this? :s-smilie:
Perhaps retry talking but on some common ground or express your fears to a close friend and have them there as a buffer, the next time you want to talk to the guy.
Reply 2
We all go a little mad sometimes... :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
I know I have issues with trust and commitment but whenever I start talking to a guy it gets me so nervous and anxious that I have to completely stop talking to him. My stomach just gets sick thinking about it. How can I want to be in a relationship but yet feel like this? :s-smilie:

Relax when you are talking to them, treat it as a simple conversation (that can go anywhere) and maybe if it's easier: just imagine they are a friend who you haven't seen in a while but are really comfortable with.:biggrin:

P.S sometimes guys find nervousness/ shyness endearing and might take it as a compliment that you are nervous talking to them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending