The Student Room Group

What time did you recieve your offer?

I sent off my ucas form for Biochemistry on November the 14th and am yet to receive an offer :frown:. I know its still early days but it's intimidating to hear people in my sixth form receive their offers literally 2-3 days after sending off their application.

How long did it take you to receive your offer and what time of the day? Is there any point of me checking after a certain time?

Scroll to see replies

A month after sending my application away (and that was the first one I got, I had to wait even longer for the others. One took so long to get back to my email about having a phone interview that I withdrew my application in the end because I knew I'd pick one of the places I had an offer for), I had to have an interview first. Don't worry, there's so much time! Did the other people you know apply for the same subject?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by aspirinpharmacist
A month after sending my application away, I had to have an interview first. Don't worry, there's so much time! Did the other people you know apply for the same subject?

Their subjects were sociology, french, history, Spanish and English. Even though they're not the same course I still feel uneasy. :frown:
Reply 3
Original post by Chrissy.x
I sent off my ucas form for Biochemistry on November the 14th and am yet to receive an offer :frown:. I know its still early days but it's intimidating to hear people in my sixth form receive their offers literally 2-3 days after sending off their application.

How long did it take you to receive your offer and what time of the day? Is there any point of me checking after a certain time?

It hasn't been 1 week yet! Don't worry!
I got most of my offers after 2-3 weeks.
Some unis take more time than others.
You shouldn't contact them because the uni can have up until 31st march (I think that's the date) to make an offer.
Reply 4
It depends on the university, you may have chosen all the slow ones. Where have you applied? I received my 1st offer exactly a week after I sent my application off, and my 2nd the morning after. Not sure what time I received my 1st because I checked the next day. I was quite lucky though, as both universities had started looking through applicants that week. Don't worry! I'm sure you'll hear something soon
Sent mine on the 18th October:

-York replied on the 22nd at about 17:00.
-Liverpool replied on the 5th November at about 17:30.
-Kent replied on the 8th November at 23:05, track didn't update until the 11th though.

Still waiting for Durham and Exeter!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
It most likely because of the course you are doing. From what I have seen on here, people going for science/medical type degrees have to wait a fair bit longer than others, as those degrees seem more competitive (my impression) and you guys have to go through the stage of interviews, regardless of the university.
I applied on the 7th November and received an offer from Hull the next day, and offers from Manchester and Reading on the 14th. However, I already have one A-level grade so that could affect it but like others have said, I honestly believe you have nothing to worry about :smile:

EDIT: I got a confirmation letter from Hull received on the 9th but dated the 8th, Reading was mid morning and Manchester was early evening
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by cathrg26
It depends on the university, you may have chosen all the slow ones. Where have you applied? I received my 1st offer exactly a week after I sent my application off, and my 2nd the morning after. Not sure what time I received my 1st because I checked the next day. I was quite lucky though, as both universities had started looking through applicants that week. Don't worry! I'm sure you'll hear something soon

I applied to Nottingham, Leeds, Surrey, UEA and Leicester *sigh* I guess I just have to be patient
Their subjects were sociology, french, history, Spanish and English. Even though they're not the same course I still feel uneasy. :frown:

No, seriously, don't worry. Mine took ages to get back to me and I got 4 offers, never bothered waiting to find out from the 5th because I was in a frenzy of "Oh my God, firm UEA, firm it now!"
My son: Ucas sent on Jan 11th. First choice offer on May 8th.
Reply 10
I applied to Nottingham, Leeds, Surrey, UEA and Leicester *sigh* I guess I just have to be patient

It's only been a couple of days ha. All of them have started giving out offers, Surrey, UEA and Leeds have been very fast this year. Nottingham will be a bit slower. You'll probably hear from them soon. Just take your mind off it, UCAS will email you if your track has changed. Before the maintenance, they didn't do this. Everyone was checking track every 10 mins. It was so bad!
Reply 11
I sent off my application on Friday and ucas still says 'last updated 15 November' Should this not change everyday. I seem to remember the first time I applied it updated to the time you checked it

Does anyone else's still say the day the applied?

Reply 12
Original post by lebouef
I sent off my application on Friday and ucas still says 'last updated 15 November' Should this not change everyday. I seem to remember the first time I applied it updated to the time you checked it

Does anyone else's still say the day the applied?

For the universities? If it's this then it won't change until they have made a decision, and after that, it will only change if they have amended your offer letter.
Reply 13
Ucas sent 15th Oct
First offer 15th Nov (mnchester law+poli llb)

received the offer surprisingly at 7.30pm on a Friday. always expected to receive the offer at mid day.
Reply 14
Yayyyyyyy!!!! Received an offer from Leicester and UEA!!! I was about to give up hope!! Leicester at 13:45 and UEA at 14:25 :smile: :biggrin: 3 more to go..
Reply 15
Yayyyyyyy!!!! Received an offer from Leicester and UEA!!! I was about to give up hope!! Leicester at 13:45 and UEA at 14:25 :smile: :biggrin: 3 more to go..

congrats! some Uni's take a lot longer depending on their method to go through applications :smile: i'm currently waiting on Leicester to get back to me :frown:
I sent mine on Wednesday, and have received offers from Roehampton, London Met and Westminster. Still to hear from Middlesex and Royal Holloway.
Reply 17
Original post by G17:)
congrats! some Uni's take a lot longer depending on their method to go through applications :smile: i'm currently waiting on Leicester to get back to me :frown:

Thank you :smile: and yeah some Uni's are so slow! What course did you apply to at Leicester?
Reply 18
Thank you :smile: and yeah some Uni's are so slow! What course did you apply to at Leicester?

Business Management, though UCAS only got my application tuesday night, got 3 offers so far!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by G17:)
Business Management, though UCAS only got my application tuesday night, got 3 offers so far!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Where have you applied?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending