The Student Room Group

Is it considered quite late to apply to university between now & next week?

I completed everything early, in October, but my subject references have not been completed yet and i don't find that fair as i was ready to send off weeks ago.

Would the admissions tutors get a bad idea of me for applying late? Would you even consider an application being sent in the upcoming week late anyway?

Thanks for your time.
Reply 1
Nope, all applications before the January 15th deadline are required by Ucas to be treated equally. It's not late. :smile:
Original post by Haifa48
I completed everything early, in October, but my subject references have not been completed yet and i don't find that fair as i was ready to send off weeks ago.

Would the admissions tutors get a bad idea of me for applying late? Would you even consider an application being sent in the upcoming week late anyway?

Thanks for your time.

Not at all! Plus it won't be that late anyway, the deadline isn't for over a month. They will treat you with equal consideration, meaning you will be considered just as much as someone who applied in September. Don't worry :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(But in reality, some universities do look favourably on earlier applicants. If you have a good application it won't be a problem though). What universities are you applying to?
Reply 4
Original post by cant_think_of_name
(But in reality, some universities do look favourably on earlier applicants. If you have a good application it won't be a problem though). What universities are you applying to?

Yeah that's what I was worried about, but i'm not sure it's true so I asked.

Here are the Universities i'm applying for to study Politics/International Relations:
KCL, Exeter, Birmingham, Leeds and Southampton
Original post by Haifa48
Yeah that's what I was worried about, but i'm not sure it's true so I asked.

Here are the Universities i'm applying for to study Politics/International Relations:
KCL, Exeter, Birmingham, Leeds and Southampton

To be honest, there is probably little difference, I'm just aware first hand that some universities do look at it (even though they shouldn't, really). If you have a good personal statement/grades etc then I think you'll be fine with those universities - good luck :smile:
Original post by Haifa48

Thanks for your time.

All applications have to get equal consideration.

Don't worry about it. I was in the same boat, i handed mine in one the 23rd of October and was waiting all this time to be sent off and it finally did yesterday and i'm fine.

The deadline isn't actually that close anyway.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by cant_think_of_name

Source for that?

OP, you will get equal consideration so long as your application gets sent off before the January deadline. There can even be some advantages to applying a bit later on in the cycle.
Reply 8
Do unis give more conditional offers than places on that course?

Sending my application off on sat, seen people get offers at the uni i want to go to. worried i have less chance of getting an offer because they applied first and got offers already so i have less chance of getting in because they have already given out one offer.

Does it work like that?
Original post by Pedro.
Do unis give more conditional offers than places on that course?

Sending my application off on sat, seen people get offers at the uni i want to go to. worried i have less chance of getting an offer because they applied first and got offers already so i have less chance of getting in because they have already given out one offer.

Does it work like that?

No, it doesn't work like that, and no, the courses don't fill up:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=44893698&highlight=
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2505981
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2516998
Reply 10
All applications before the 15th of January have to be considered equally. How much this actually happens can be debatable as many people receive replies before 15th jan. But these are the definite yes/no people, anyone who's a 'maybe' will have to wait until after January for a decision.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending