The Student Room Group

How do people feel now that they have sent their UCAS application off?

I basically decided to create this thread to find out how people are feeling now that they have sent their UCAS applications off. I sent mine off yesterday to my school and they sent it off yesterday as well to the UCAS. I have applied to study Primary Education. I have recieved email confirmations from 3 out of my 4 universtites saying that they are now considering my application and will be in touch soon. This makes me feel kind of nurvous and scared but excited at the same time. It is weird to think the university admission tutors could be looking at my application right now or pretty soon, when I am just going about my ordinary life and waiting for them to offer me an offer.

How are other's feeling if they have just sent theirs off what advice would you give people? Good luck everyone! :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I feel sick but excited.

Infuriated that Track will be down over the weekend. :angry:
Reply 2
Very excited, but just worried about getting offers back, feel like I might be checking track loads just hoping for offers :s-smilie:
Reply 3
You've heard 3 out of 4? I sent mine off on Monday and only 1 out of 5 have sent me an email of confirmation, now I'm worried.
Reply 4
Original post by mariocasas
You've heard 3 out of 4? I sent mine off on Monday and only 1 out of 5 have sent me an email of confirmation, now I'm worried.

I sent mine off Monday as well and have an email of confirmation from all 5 now... Where have you applied?
Reply 5
Original post by Pedd
I feel sick but excited.

Infuriated that Track will be down over the weekend. :angry:

Same, I hate waiting so it doesn't help really what have u applied for. I didn't know that track would be down till I read your comment then I looked at UCAS and it is from tomorrow until Monday; its so annoying cause I have just sent my UCAS off three days ago and they are taking it down.
Reply 6
Original post by thorpey96
Very excited, but just worried about getting offers back, feel like I might be checking track loads just hoping for offers :s-smilie:

Yeah its that sort of excited feeling that its gone so you don't have to keep on working on it anymore, but at the same time you have to wait for the universties to decided upon whether or not to give you an offer. I am scared too I have one interview so far, which I found out about today but they changed it last night. What have u applied for?
Reply 7
Original post by mariocasas

Not heard as in got an offer from, just an email confirmation saying that they have recieved my application and they are considering it, which is really scary but exciting at the same time. Have you recieved any more confimations. I have an offer for an interview now.
Reply 8
I sent mine off Monday as well and have an email of confirmation from all 5 now... Where have you applied?

I sent mine on Tuesday and recieved my three email confirmations on wednesday got an invitation for an interview yesterday. Just have to wait for the other three now. Where have u applied and what to study?
Reply 9
Feeling quite scared. Universities received it on Thursday morning and I now have 4/5 confirmation emails :biggrin: I know it sounds silly but I'm really anxious about it, like what if I get no offers because they don't like my AS grades or what if I put a qualification in wrong and get disqualified? Can't force myself to close my email inbox on my laptop in case I miss anything :tongue:
Sent mine off this morning and am an entirely different sort of panicky now. At least there's nothing to do but wait, now. Which is a good thing, I suppose. Still...I am checking into ucas every half hour even though I know I'd get an email if something changed. Also, I'm an international applicant and I've heard it takes way longer till we get offers than it does for UK applicants. Anyone got any idea HOW much longer we're talking here? :/

good luck with your applications, everyone. Hope not everyone is as massively panicky as I am :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by Anonymousgirll
I sent mine on Tuesday and recieved my three email confirmations on wednesday got an invitation for an interview yesterday. Just have to wait for the other three now. Where have u applied and what to study?

I have applied for Mathematics at York, Leeds, Sheffield, Surrey and Liverpool. No offers yet, fingers crossed for some soon!
Reply 12
I sent mine off the day before the first uber long track down three weeks ago and I got 2 offers within that time and I didn't know! They don't send out any track related emails while its down which is infuriating :frown:
On the plus side though last week it was supposed to be down Friday 6pm-Monday 8am but it was back up by midday Saturday!

When I first sent mine off it took three weeks for the school to attach my reference and send it to UCAS but once it was gone an eerie calmness came over me ahaha
Reply 13
i felt quite excited when i sent mine, i got confirmation emails from 2 of my choices and i have just received 3 offers!
Original post by Flauta
Feeling quite scared. Universities received it on Thursday morning and I now have 4/5 confirmation emails :biggrin: I know it sounds silly but I'm really anxious about it, like what if I get no offers because they don't like my AS grades or what if I put a qualification in wrong and get disqualified? Can't force myself to close my email inbox on my laptop in case I miss anything :tongue:

Thats good where have u applied to and what for. I still only have three out of 4 confirmation emails and its not silly at all. Hopefully that won't be the case, good luck and stay positive.
Original post by alittlehazy
Sent mine off this morning and am an entirely different sort of panicky now. At least there's nothing to do but wait, now. Which is a good thing, I suppose. Still...I am checking into ucas every half hour even though I know I'd get an email if something changed. Also, I'm an international applicant and I've heard it takes way longer till we get offers than it does for UK applicants. Anyone got any idea HOW much longer we're talking here? :/

good luck with your applications, everyone. Hope not everyone is as massively panicky as I am :smile:

Once its gone you feel totally different happy that its done but scared also that there is nothing else that you can do, as its all up to the unis now. I am not too sure how much it differs in time from an international applicant to a UK applicant, I guess it depends on what course and where. What are u applying for and what unis?
I have applied for Mathematics at York, Leeds, Sheffield, Surrey and Liverpool. No offers yet, fingers crossed for some soon!

Ok best of luck then do u need AAA?
Original post by Abbseh
I sent mine off the day before the first uber long track down three weeks ago and I got 2 offers within that time and I didn't know! They don't send out any track related emails while its down which is infuriating :frown:
On the plus side though last week it was supposed to be down Friday 6pm-Monday 8am but it was back up by midday Saturday!

When I first sent mine off it took three weeks for the school to attach my reference and send it to UCAS but once it was gone an eerie calmness came over me ahaha

Thats quite annoying if u don't get emails when track is down, not that the emails help much as they just say something has changed but they don't tell you what really. Congrats on you offers where have u applied to and for what course? Good luck
Original post by tgwktm
i felt quite excited when i sent mine, i got confirmation emails from 2 of my choices and i have just received 3 offers!

When did u send yours off? I was glad it was done and excited to get offers. What are your offers for and what unis?
Original post by Anonymousgirll
Once its gone you feel totally different happy that its done but scared also that there is nothing else that you can do, as its all up to the unis now. I am not too sure how much it differs in time from an international applicant to a UK applicant, I guess it depends on what course and where. What are u applying for and what unis?

I applied for English and Film studies at QMUL, RHUL, KCL, Brunel and Kingston. Would love to get into QMUL, ideally. But of course...I'd pretty much love to get in anywhere :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending