The Student Room Group

University Application- Please Help!

Hey guys, I have to send my application off today, but I still couldn't decide on the universities! I am applying to KCL and Manchester for sure but I struggle between SOAS,LSE, Nottingham and as a safe choice between Westminster and City. Which ones do you think I should apply to? Being an overseas student I do not rely on my LNAT so should I put Nottingham to not waste myself on bad universities or shouldn't I? It is so scary, help please! :frown:
Original post by naberbenbegum
Hey guys, I have to send my application off today, but I still couldn't decide on the universities! I am applying to KCL and Manchester for sure but I struggle between SOAS,LSE, Nottingham and as a safe choice between Westminster and City. Which ones do you think I should apply to? Being an overseas student I do not rely on my LNAT so should I put Nottingham to not waste myself on bad universities or shouldn't I? It is so scary, help please! :frown:

Nottingham uses the LNAT somewhat differently than others - they put most emphasis on the multiple choice score (trust me I talked directly to the law admissions tutor). The average score for LNAT is around 18-20, if you get around that you should be fine. Obviously a score below 18 will not impress them, but it does not necessarily mean a straight rejection (as it does at Oxford, UCL, KCL and other very competitive schools).

Top law firms do target SOAS, albeit to a lesser extent than, say, KCL, Nottingham, Bristol, Durham and Manchester. It still has the advantage of being located at the heart of London and being affiliated with the UoL.

I don't know much about Westminster and City, but City seems to be superior to Westminster, as its standard offer is AAA (compared to Westminster's ABB).
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending