The Student Room Group

Barts and The London medicine applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by raveen789
Dunno but worth a shot id be so mad with a score like yours!

Will wait until Monday, give them chance to read the email. Get my facts straight with my Head of Sixth.
Original post by raveen789
Now thats weird I have exact same stats 540 tariff AAAAa and 740 UKCAT, probably not got round to me yet :redface:

yeah what can i say.. i am really surprised though! good luck with your application, i hope you get a chance :wink:
grauted to a101 i have creted a thread it is called Barts gradute entry medicine a101 have a look and all your feedback will be appreciated.
Original post by sherazhar
Simply saying for A Levels A*=140 A=120 B=100 and so on.

I wonder how that translates to my points system hmm, thanks! international applicant!
Gradutes who ahve applied to 5 year programme i have also created a thread . I would be grateful if you could add the details to the threat calleed Barts gardutes applying to a100
Wth has happened to BARTS? I wasn't panicking unless I saw Stephen's post who got rejected with 710 ucas tariff like seriously? I am sure that they didn't count the tariff properly. Because this is an insane score. Does anyone know around what date they finish sending rejections?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1026
Original post by games211
Are you a graduate?

yes
Reply 1027
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1028
Original post by games211
Are you a graduate?

The question is...

Why would you be rejected, as a graduate applying for the five year course, with a 740 UKCAT score?

I find that very hard to believe.
Original post by jollygood
Wth has happened to BARTS? I wasn't panicking unless I saw Stephen's post who got rejected with 710 ucas tariff like seriously? I am sure that they didn't count the tariff properly. Because this is an insane score. Does anyone know around what date they finish sending rejections?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'll let you all know what happened when I ring them up. I find it hard to believe loads of people will have applied with that tariff. The most logical reasons are:
- A mistake on their part giving me wrong info/calculating my tariff
- They're using a cut-off for undergrad on UKCAT that is higher due to 'increased compeititon'
Original post by StephenNaulls
I'll let you all know what happened when I ring them up. I find it hard to believe loads of people will have applied with that tariff. The most logical reasons are:
- A mistake on their part giving me wrong info/calculating my tariff
- They're using a cut-off for undergrad on UKCAT that is higher due to 'increased compeititon'

sorry if you've already posted this before, but may I ask what your UKCAT score was?
I don't find it believable that admissions tutors actually have the time to sift through all qualifications to count ALL of the tariffable qualifications.

They probably look only at AS and A2 (Predicteds) to speed up the process instead of going through the personal statement searching for qualifications and then translating these into UCAS points by looking at the conversion sheet.

Obviously this is just a suggestion and I hope they don't but is is quite plausible that they would do.
Original post by star10159
sorry if you've already posted this before, but may I ask what your UKCAT score was?

No worries, I'd be quizzing people too. I'm sorry if I'm worrying you all!

I got 710 in the UKCAT, so at minimum my stats should be 710 tariff and 710 UKCAT.

But like I said, I can't remember if my tariff is 710 or 790 haha!

Like I said, on Monday I'll let you know what they say :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by StephenNaulls
No worries, I'd be quizzing people too. I'm sorry if I'm worrying you all!

I got 710 in the UKCAT, so at minimum my stats should be 710 tariff and 710 UKCAT.

But like I said, I can't remember if my tariff is 710 or 790 haha!

Like I said, on Monday I'll let you know what they say :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:frown: Sorry to hear
Original post by momo26396
I don't find it believable that admissions tutors actually have the time to sift through all qualifications to count ALL of the tariffable qualifications.

They probably look only at AS and A2 (Predicteds) to speed up the process instead of going through the personal statement searching for qualifications and then translating these into UCAS points by looking at the conversion sheet.

Obviously this is just a suggestion and I hope they don't but is is quite plausible that they would do.

My qualifications are listed alongside my AS/A2 in my qualifications section, not in my PS. So I'm not sure if that's what would cause it.

I do agree that the staff at Barts could easily skip over something though!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)

I disagree, they emailed me about one of my random BTEC qualification asking for a certificate so they can award it tariff points. So yes, they do look at ALL the qualifications.
:frown: Sorry to hear

in that case you beat me in both ukcat and tariff.

Good luck to you though, hope its a mistake
Original post by star10159
I disagree, they emailed me about one of my random BTEC qualification asking for a certificate so they can award it tariff points. So yes, they do look at ALL the qualifications.

This makes me think they've definitely made a mistake with me. It's so frustrating that it's the weekend so I can't find out straight away.

EDIT:

Just worked it out again in full:
A*AA prediction = 380
A Physics AS= 60
A* EPQ = 70
OCR Level 3 National Certificate in Business Distinction = 120
Edexcel BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma Merit = 80
Comes to 710. I don't want to be the person that thinks they've been rejected based on a massive error... but really?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1038

UCAS calculates the tariff points for them i think .. !!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Rejected :frown: But expected it as my results wern't that competitive.
UKCAT: 730
UCAS Tariff: 490

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending