The Student Room Group

Dentistry Graduate Entry 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 320
Original post by pauljoseph
King's have gone through two interview cycles for the 5 year course, I believe they start sending out interviews for the 4 year in Jan. What was your UKCAT and predicted grade?

I'm assuming they may still have interviews for the 5 year course as I have not heard anything yet.
Original post by Nyruz
I'm assuming they may still have interviews for the 5 year course as I have not heard anything yet.

Yeah, they definitely have at least one more for the 5 year. People have received interviews for January already, so going on previous years more interviews should be sent out in January, for dates in Feb.
Anyone heard anything from Liverpool?
nope
Reply 324
Really would like to hear back from uclan next week. Has anyone heard anything from them?
Reply 325
Original post by jemms
Anybody know when Leeds will get back to us with offers/rejections?

Leeds sent out interviews and rejection end of nov beginning of December. If you're wondering about rejection or offers after having an interview, then they said the will get back to you via ucas with confirmation in the post by the end of January.
Reply 326
Hey everyone. I just started my first year at KCL of the graduate program and would be more than happy to try to help if anyone has any questions about anything! :smile:

Hope it's going okay for everyone so far, don't stress too much!! :smile:
how much free time do you get/ holidays/ time per week?
how much is the work load compared to ur previous degree? im assuming u did biomed?

thanks for the help :smile:
Reply 328
Original post by aj_student
how much free time do you get/ holidays/ time per week?
how much is the work load compared to ur previous degree? im assuming u did biomed?

thanks for the help :smile:

We get a day off every other week, the days we are in are usually 8.30-4.30, and that can range from having lectures to nursing or working on the phantom heads. Holidays are pretty decent - had a month off for Christmas, but Easter is only 2 weeks and summer is 6 weeks I think.

In regards to workload, personally, so far I've found 3rd year biomed a lot more intense as a lot of the lectures this year haven't been in as much detail as they would be in biomed, and you'll find that some of it is things you've covered in your previous degree already, so that reduces the workload quite a bit. And there's no deadlines which is nice! :smile: Overall I'd say there's a lot of content to cover, but it doesn't go into a significant amount of depth compared to biomed :smile:
Reply 329
Hey,

What did you do your undergrad degree in and what was your classification if you don't mind me asking? :smile:

I got a 1st in Biomedical Science from King's (ABB at A-level, 670 UKCAT) and have applied to both the 4 and 5 year programmes but have heard nothing back as of yet :s
Original post by Naynay92
We get a day off every other week, the days we are in are usually 8.30-4.30, and that can range from having lectures to nursing or working on the phantom heads. Holidays are pretty decent - had a month off for Christmas, but Easter is only 2 weeks and summer is 6 weeks I think.

In regards to workload, personally, so far I've found 3rd year biomed a lot more intense as a lot of the lectures this year haven't been in as much detail as they would be in biomed, and you'll find that some of it is things you've covered in your previous degree already, so that reduces the workload quite a bit. And there's no deadlines which is nice! :smile: Overall I'd say there's a lot of content to cover, but it doesn't go into a significant amount of depth compared to biomed :smile:

thanks, nice info there :smile:
Reply 331
Original post by crose22
Hey,

What did you do your undergrad degree in and what was your classification if you don't mind me asking? :smile:

I got a 1st in Biomedical Science from King's (ABB at A-level, 670 UKCAT) and have applied to both the 4 and 5 year programmes but have heard nothing back as of yet :s

That's awesome! I did Biomed at King's too, got a 2.1. Don't worry, King's don't hand out their 4 year interviews til February if I remember correctly, and the 5 year is ongoing. They don't seem too wound up about having the highest UKCAT score or the highest grades, they tend to look at everything as a whole :smile:
Original post by Naynay92
That's awesome! I did Biomed at King's too, got a 2.1. Don't worry, King's don't hand out their 4 year interviews til February if I remember correctly, and the 5 year is ongoing. They don't seem too wound up about having the highest UKCAT score or the highest grades, they tend to look at everything as a whole :smile:

Admissions told me that there is only one interview day for the GEP course at King's this year. It's on the 5th of February. They aim to provide two weeks notice, thus everyone who has applied should know if they have been successful, or not, approx by the 22nd of January.
Reply 333
Okay thanks :smile: I was just worried as I spent a year doing my PhD but quit as it wasn't for me, and I didn't know if this would be frowned upon....I guess working with cell culture could be a good thing in that it improved my manual dexterity skills though lol.

I feel a bit better knowing the interviews aren't until February so finger crossed!
Reply 334
Offer for UCLan!!!!! Just came via email/UCAS!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
congrats! anyone else heard anything lol?
Offer from UCLAN
Reply 337
UCLan offer via UCAS... :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Offer from UCLAN :smile:
Reply 339
Congrats guys, how long ago did you get the emails?

Quick Reply

Latest