The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

85% attendance in most jobs and you would get sacked
Reply 21
Original post by Flying Duck
The school will look at periods of absence as well as %. So if you've missed 10 consecutive days due to flu they will look at it differently to 10 x 1 days for different things.

Ahh...mine's the second option aha
Reply 22
Original post by William Turtle
Think that's more than 4 days off. Say 15 weeks so far (?), that's 75 days. Missing 15% of those 75 puts it at around 12 days missed. Over 2 weeks of school days.

To sum up, it is very normal for a school to expect 95%, and pretty easy for a student to make that target.

Oops, for some reason I was thinking 95%! Yeah, 85% is a lot of absence.

In that case, if you have missed 12 days from illness surely you have already contacted your doctor about this, so there is no issue.

xxx
Reply 23
Original post by AnJuM218
100% attendence bitchesssss

Seriously, what lessons are you missing to get 85% attendence. Our taxes are not being used on you so that you can act truant.

Fix up son.

Fixing, don't worry :P
85% is pretty good, mine was 43% haha
Original post by William Turtle
Think that's more than 4 days off. Say 15 weeks so far (?), that's 75 days. Missing 15% of those 75 puts it at around 12 days missed. Over 2 weeks of school days.

To sum up, it is very normal for a school to expect 95%, and pretty easy for a student to make that target.

2 weeks isnt a lot
If you have good reasons for all days off that you've taken, then you have good reasons. Plenty of time to make up the average before the end of the year - obviously a couple of days off will have a worse effect on statistics the earlier in the year we are.
Reply 27
Original post by martin jol
i have a feeling uni is gonna be more in line with my philosophy in terms of attendance :wink:

Seems we're in similar mind sets then :wink:
Reply 28
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
85% is pretty good, mine was 43% haha

Wow, that's impressive :wink: Made me feel a bit less guilty :wink:
Original post by Confusedmess
Wow, that's impressive :wink: Made me feel a bit less guilty :wink:

I have depression which was why. I just gave in notes and they had to be cool about it
Attendance doesn't matter as long as you still get the grades. My attendance at 6th form was around 50% (due to severe illness during my pregnancy and having a baby in the first week of my A2 year) I came out with A*A*A a*aaa and was the first person from that 6th form to get into Oxbridge.

85% attendance is pretty good in my opinion.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 31
Original post by Confusedmess
I currently have around 85% attendance and my school is calling a meeting with my parents to discuss why my attendance is so 'bad'. My school has a policy of 95% and they've said I'm not allowed any more days off this whole year (they can do one), otherwise they're threatening to refer me to my doctor because of my frequent illness. Can they actually do this? And out of interest, do you think 95% attendance is a realistic expectation of year 11 students?

If you were working for me and had 95% attendance, I'd be asking you questions about your commitment to your job.

It's entirely reasonable for you to be able to achieve 95% attendance.
Original post by x__justmyluck
Attendance doesn't matter as long as you still get the grades. My attendance at 6th form was around 50% (due to severe illness during my pregnancy and having a baby in the first week of my A2 year) I came out with A*A*A a*aaa and was the first person from that 6th form to get into Oxbridge.

85% attendance is pretty good in my opinion.

a-****ing-men.

if coming to college 70% of the time works for me in getting my A*A*A then leave me alone you *****.

they are jealous that's the problem. those that do go get proper ****ing jobs, those that can't teach or something like that :wink:
Original post by Potally_Tissed
85% sounds pretty low, that's a day off most weeks. 95% sounds fair.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mines 70-75%.
Original post by Mad Vlad
If you were working for me and had 95% attendance, I'd be asking you questions about your commitment to your job.

It's entirely reasonable for you to be able to achieve 95% attendance.
True, but jobs are chosen.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 34
Not sure how it is in most schools, but in my sixth form, if you have an attendance which is lower than 95%, then you have to pay for your own exams, which could easily run into the high hundreds.
Reply 35
Original post by keromedic
Mines 70-75%.

True, but jobs are chosen.

But both school and a job are obligations and it's actually very rare for you to find a job (certainly one that isn't a professional job) that you actually enjoy doing.
My attendance during my AS year was around 75%, which was pretty awful. Definitely been a lot better this year, but I think 95% would be near impossible. My aim for this year is around 90%

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mad Vlad
But both school and a job are obligations and it's actually very rare for you to find a job (certainly one that isn't a professional job) that you actually enjoy doing.

Of course.
Original post by ArsenalObsessed
My attendance during my AS year was around 75%, which was pretty awful. Definitely been a lot better this year, but I think 95% would be near impossible. My aim for this year is around 90%

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think my attendance was 97% in my AS year, it's 70-75% so far in my A2 year. Once I'm back to college, after this ill patch, I'll probably be in 100%. I love college, I have my social fears but it's certainly better than other things.
Original post by martin jol
a-****ing-men.

if coming to college 70% of the time works for me in getting my A*A*A then leave me alone you *****.

they are jealous that's the problem. those that do go get proper ****ing jobs, those that can't teach or something like that :wink:

The fact is poor attendance isn't worth it for everyone. I could probably get good grades by studying at home. I may even do better without all the distractions but I signed a contract to be in as much as possible.
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
I have depression which was why. I just gave in notes and they had to be cool about it

A bit similar to me then.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 38
Mine is like 70% in my AS year? I just don't turn up the teachers are so crap so I self teach and come in to ask questions if I need help.
My attendance is like 79% hue hue dat independent learner tho

Latest

Trending

Trending