The Student Room Group

What are your parents rules on sleeping with boyfriend/girlfriend?

I'm 18 and my mum still makes us sleep in separate bedrooms when we're over hers. My dad's fine with us sharing though, he just always leaves a bag of condoms in the drawer when I'm around his which is a bit awkward but at least he's not being funny about it. What about your parents??

Scroll to see replies

You do know you can sleep with someone in the same bed WITHOUT sex right?
Reply 2
I don't live at home anymore but it was well out of the question when I was younger. Funnily enough, they let my brother bring whom ever he liked home. Don't you love double standards :rolleyes: I only forgive them because they are my parents and from a different generation.
Original post by MylittlePlusle
You do know you can sleep with someone in the same bed WITHOUT sex right?

We know that, parents don't seem to :wink:.

My partner and I have been allowed to sleep in the same bed for as long as he's stayed over, I think I was 20 when he first stayed though so it really wasn't that much of a big deal, as I'd stayed at his lots of times.

But, being honest, out of respect to my parents I would NEVER have sex while they were at home. Ever. I understand this might be more difficult for people who don't have anywhere else to go, but luckily we always had his place.
I would never have sex with someone with my parents in the house.

My bed creaks and the walls are very thin.
:dontknow:

They're Muslim. I'm not. I've probably slept with more people than they have and they have no idea. :ninja: They don't even speak about sex in front of me or my siblings, let alone lay any boundaries -- they still think I'm Muslim and in thinking this comes the assumption that I'm doing the best I can to follow the religion, meaning not having sex.

I can basically do whatever I want as long as they are entirely unaware of it. :h:
Reply 6
Separate rooms...
Reply 7
Not in the bum.
Reply 8
What they don't know can't hurt them...
#Justsayin
Reply 9
Original post by Vixen47
:dontknow:

They're Muslim. I'm not. I've probably slept with more people than they have and they have no idea. :ninja: They don't even speak about sex in front of me or my siblings, let alone lay any boundaries -- they still think I'm Muslim and in thinking this comes the assumption that I'm doing the best I can to follow the religion, meaning not having sex.

I can basically do whatever I want as long as they are entirely unaware of it. :h:

Wow. How old are you and how many u slept with? Well done you for living life the way you want to and not letting them dictate what's right and wrong. Any regrets at all?
If I still live my gran, nope. She even reprimanded me when she found some condoms whilst visiting my appt :hmmm:.
The first time my girlfriend slept over with my parents knowledge they made me sleep on the sofa bed. Not really sure what changed their minds, but they were fine with it every time after that. It might have been the several times that we got back after nights out after they'd gone to bed and she couldn't be bothered to get a taxi (I live very close to town) so she stayed over. Just came downstairs, oh btw X is here...
I was 19 when my boyfriend at the time first slept over. My mum was fine with it. She wasn't keen but she never objected which was pretty good of her.

She never let my sister's boyfriend sleep in the same bed though :cool: The extra mattress was in the same room so I don't think it was really enforced
Original post by Huskaris
Not in the bum.

hot......unless u were talking about a guy :biggrin:
My parents insisted on us sleeping in separate rooms, which was a rule I always respected. I wouldn't have sex when my parents were in the house anyway, but still.
Reply 15
Original post by Huskaris
Not in the bum.

Well it would be slightly worrying if they were encouraging it!

As for me I don't live at home any more but I know they wouldn't have been cool about it.
When I first got with my boyfriend I was 15, so it was out of the question then. I asked once when I was 16 and it was a strict no, although they were happy for me to stay at his..?

Went on a gap year when my boyfriend was in his first year of uni and I was staying at his every other weekend and since then they're fine with it. I don't even need to tell them when he's staying over, although I do out of politeness. I think they've realised that I'm 19 and we've been together for 4 years now..
I got with him at 14 and was allowed to stay over for the first time TWO YEARS LATER at 16 hah. His mum put fairy lights around the bed. After 16 I was hardly home, that was when I started sneakily moving in with him hehe.
I've never had a boyfriend but I know my parents would never let me.

I'm still stuck in a single cabin bed anyway so I doubt anything would happen :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
My boyfriend and I have been together for close to 4 years. We are both 19 now. We aren't allowed anywhere near each others beds/bedrooms. We are not allowed upstarts together full stop. It's strange because he's at uni and I visit all the time, we've been on holiday together, stayed in hotels together, been to parties together, festivals together. His parents even caught us at it once, yet we aren't allowed any privacy. It's beyond me.

Quick Reply

Latest