Leicester Medical Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Crusaderofdeath
After 6 rejections I now have an offer!

Congrats !! .
Well deserved :biggrin:
When did you have your interview? :smile:
Original post by Philippamalko
This was exactly the same as me well done, is Leicester your first choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Second choice after Manchester, but Manchester was one of my rejections
Original post by Crusaderofdeath
Second choice after Manchester, but Manchester was one of my rejections

Well if you get a leicester grad offer, I'll gladly swap you my manchester offer :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Ladies and gents, Any "57"s got an interview yet and were you home or international? really starting to get scared of getting my third interview-less rejection.
Reply 2244
Has anyone actually had a GEP offer from Leicester yet?
offer! interview was december 17th! :smile:
Reply 2246
Original post by mitoplast
offer! interview was december 17th! :smile:

Congratulations mate:biggrin: when did you get the email?
Original post by 0612
Congratulations mate:biggrin: when did you get the email?

thank you! track was updated at 1.45 and I received an email from the medical school at 3pm :smile:

good luck with leicester!
Offer from interview on the 17th December :biggrin:
Such a shock as I thought my interview stations were genuinely horrific... I had totally written Leicester off so anybody who also thought their interview wasn't great, don't give up!!
Good luck guys :smile:
Reply 2249
Original post by pretty.in.blue
Such a shock as I thought my interview stations were genuinely horrific... I had totally written Leicester off so anybody who also thought their interview wasn't great, don't give up!!

congratulations !! Any one who got an offer for 17th interview international or home students !!
Hi guys
i know this is a hard question but for December interviews what proportion of people do you reckon get early offers (ie before march). I haven't got one and don't know anyone who does but on here it seems a fair few people have? Thanks :smile:
Reply 2251
hi, any internationals with an offer from leicester ??
Reply 2252
Original post by Medicine Boy
Hi guys
i know this is a hard question but for December interviews what proportion of people do you reckon get early offers (ie before march). I haven't got one and don't know anyone who does but on here it seems a fair few people have? Thanks :smile:

Statistically (and very approximately) they still have 135 of their 809 interviews to do. They would have to presume (to be safe) that all 135 of those will outperform the previous interviewees and would therefore have to hold back around 39% of their offers just in case this occurred. in reality those 135 offers will be spread over the entire distribution of interviewees including many from December and January. There will also most likely be a huge swathe who have exactly the same interview score and who need splitting into 'yes' and 'no' which will mean a review of interview score sheets or UCAS forms. Uncertainty as to the threshold score for this group means that the actual number of offers sent out so far is probably much lower than you would think. Relax, definitely not too late...
Reply 2253

Congratulations!! May I ask what was your preinterview score And are u home / international xD
Original post by 0612
WOWW! Congratulations:smile: When was your Interview?

16th December
Original post by Joycee
Congratulations!! May I ask what was your preinterview score And are u home / international xD

Thank you :') Pre-interview was 60/60, and I'm a home student :smile: best of luck!
Reply 2256

Are you an international?
Original post by Dr Gin
Statistically (and very approximately) they still have 135 of their 809 interviews to do. They would have to presume (to be safe) that all 135 of those will outperform the previous interviewees and would therefore have to hold back around 39% of their offers just in case this occurred. in reality those 135 offers will be spread over the entire distribution of interviewees including many from December and January. There will also most likely be a huge swathe who have exactly the same interview score and who need splitting into 'yes' and 'no' which will mean a review of interview score sheets or UCAS forms. Uncertainty as to the threshold score for this group means that the actual number of offers sent out so far is probably much lower than you would think. Relax, definitely not too late...

Hey, do you think its unusual that Leicester has not sent pre-interview rejections? or have they? Last year they started to send pre-interview rejections after Christmas/New year break - Just curious..
Reply 2258
Original post by unnati212
Hey, do you think its unusual that Leicester has not sent pre-interview rejections? or have they? Last year they started to send pre-interview rejections after Christmas/New year break - Just curious..

I don't know of any rejections but they may just be off the radar. They are perhaps concentrating their resources on dealing with all the positive applications first maybe..?
For those who have had interviews what score out of sixty did you have? I have 57 and was wondering what my chances of being called for interview are. I know the cut off last year was 57. Does anyone have any idea whether it has moved up or down this year?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending