The Student Room Group

TSR Christian Society (X-SOC) Episode IV: A New Hope

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2500
Original post by babygirl110
Question for those who attend HTB- would it be wrong to use car park for night out?

Those who attend HTB in London will know that Brompton road has a decent car park in one of the most expensive boroughs to park in London.

I attend HTB occasionally and also volunteer to serve on some courses. Anyway, next Friday I'm out with my friends on Kings road in Chelsea. I'm reluctant to use train, I don't even know which station to use to get to Chelsea. I prefer driving too.

I was thinking of parking my car in South Kensington, then waking or getting a bus to Chelsea. Would that be wrong?

You could always ring them and ask? I bet if there's nothing going on they wouldn't mind.

You can park on a single yellow in Kensington and Chelsea after 6.30pm.

Also you can park in a pay and display bay for free after 6.30pm.

But check and make sure you are not in Westminster because their rules are stricter.
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
No no, I asked you to keep us updated and I'm glad you are, so that I remember to pray! I've got the memory of a goldfish, you see :colondollar: Always forgetting what I'm meant to be praying about :sadnod:

Good day to you G.G. Just wanted to tell you it's been raining buckets all night and all day today. I would guess at least 3 inches and there doesn't appear to be an end for the next 36 hrs. That should take care of surface pond irrigation supplies. Now we can start working on this summers hydroelectric supplies. God Bless.
Reply 2502
Original post by Oldcon1953
Good day to you G.G. Just wanted to tell you it's been raining buckets all night and all day today. I would guess at least 3 inches and there doesn't appear to be an end for the next 36 hrs. That should take care of surface pond irrigation supplies. Now we can start working on this summers hydroelectric supplies. God Bless.

I was going to ask you if you wanted some of our rain, but looks like you're (hopefully) going to be okay.

We've got way too much rain at the moment though. Some houses near me have flooded, and that never happens :erm:
Original post by Racoon
You could always ring them and ask? I bet if there's nothing going on they wouldn't mind.

You can park on a single yellow in Kensington and Chelsea after 6.30pm.

Also you can park in a pay and display bay for free after 6.30pm.

But check and make sure you are not in Westminster because their rules are stricter.

Thanks for this. I might just park in Chelsea then.

I just remember a until 21:30 restriction when I wanted to park near HTB Queensgate to attend the money course.
Original post by Aula
I was going to ask you if you wanted some of our rain, but looks like you're (hopefully) going to be okay.

We've got way too much rain at the moment though. Some houses near me have flooded, and that never happens :erm:

It has been coming down heavy here for 24hrs. without let up. We were just remarking that it's fortunate our house set on higher ground then the surrounding fields. I'm sure everyones surface ponds are filling nicely so there should be plenty enough water for irrigation for the short season crops like tomatoes and such. It's a joy to see the anxiety some have been experiencing here lift. You can really see it on the faces. Thanks so much for your prayers. By the way, I mentioned to a neighbor that I had told some fellow Christians in the U.K. about the drought and how they were joining us in prayer. He asked,"Where"? I repeated, "The U.K., you know, Britain." "You mean England?" He asked. "Yeah England." I answered. "Oh yeah, my Grandpa was in the war somewhere over there in one of them countries in WWI." He was quite impressed. LOL Thanks Again for the prayers. God Bless.
Original post by Aula

Yeah my parents have been blocking up all the doors with towels at the minute just in case. We even had to drain our pool as it was overflowing.
Original post by greeneyedgirl
Yeah my parents have been blocking up all the doors with towels at the minute just in case. We even had to drain our pool as it was overflowing.

Luckily were top floor flat, well i say lucky, its not stopped it coming through the roof

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PonchoKid
Luckily were top floor flat, well i say lucky, its not stopped it coming through the roof

Posted from TSR Mobile

Got enough buckets/saucepans?
Original post by greeneyedgirl
Got enough buckets/saucepans?

The landlords fixed the actual leak but not seeping water on the walls which is fun.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PonchoKid
The landlords fixed the actual leak but not seeping water on the walls which is fun.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh dear! Although good landlords did that so quickly!
Reply 2510
Just got back from my first confirmation class today :smile: It was really good - better than I was expecting! Just chilled and drank coffee in the very spiritual-hippie house of a lovely female priest from the Cathedral and explained a bit about our religious life so far and about what the course would be like. It's an adult course so the others are in their 50s, but really nice. It is different from what I was expiating in that it doesn't assume you are sure you want to be confirmed - one of the people there is a bit agnostic and sort of skeptical but wants to find out more. Anyway, they gave us this Catholic confirmation book which has been edited a bit for Anglicans, and said to keep a diary, and next time this lovely priest is going to do what seems to me impossible; tell us the whole story of the old testament in under an hour! :eek: Looking forward to it :h:
Original post by Diety
Just got back from my first confirmation class today :smile: It was really good - better than I was expecting! Just chilled and drank coffee in the very spiritual-hippie house of a lovely female priest from the Cathedral and explained a bit about our religious life so far and about what the course would be like. It's an adult course so the others are in their 50s, but really nice. It is different from what I was expiating in that it doesn't assume you are sure you want to be confirmed - one of the people there is a bit agnostic and sort of skeptical but wants to find out more. Anyway, they gave us this Catholic confirmation book which has been edited a bit for Anglicans, and said to keep a diary, and next time this lovely priest is going to do what seems to me impossible; tell us the whole story of the old testament in under an hour! :eek: Looking forward to it :h:

Wow all the OT in an hour is a challenge! Glad you enjoyed it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2512
By the way, I mentioned to a neighbor that I had told some fellow Christians in the U.K. about the drought and how they were joining us in prayer. He asked,"Where"? I repeated, "The U.K., you know, Britain." "You mean England?" He asked. "Yeah England." I answered. "Oh yeah, my Grandpa was in the war somewhere over there in one of them countries in WWI." He was quite impressed. LOL Thanks Again for the prayers. God Bless.

England is not the UK :grumble: :tongue:

Glad you've got some rain though :smile:
Original post by Mazzini
England is not the UK :grumble: :tongue:

Glad you've got some rain though :smile:

That wasn't exactly how the conversation went. Isn't the U.K. Scotland, Wales ,Ireland, and England?

Yay for rain :ahee:

Original post by Aula

Boo for rain :frown:

Original post by Diety

Yay for confirmation class! Sounds great! Keep us posted on your journey :h:

That wasn't exactly how the conversation went. Isn't the U.K. Scotland, Wales , Northern Ireland, and England?

Fixed for you :h:
Reply 2515
That wasn't exactly how the conversation went. Isn't the U.K. Scotland, Wales ,Ireland, and England?

Yeah, what TLG said. Don't ever tell someone from the republic of Ireland that they're from the UK... You may get away with your life if you are lucky... :erm:
Reply 2516

This video explains it more succinctly than I ever could :tongue:

[video="youtube_share;rNu8XDBSn10"]http://youtu.be/rNu8XDBSn10[/video]
Original post by Mazzini
This video explains it more succinctly than I ever could :tongue:

[video="youtube_share;rNu8XDBSn10"]http://youtu.be/rNu8XDBSn10[/video]

Your video wouldn't play. My computer needs a tune-up. I went to wiki for a quick read and have some questions. Gets a bit complicated. I'll go to the right thread. I appreciate your efforts. Thank You.
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Yay for rain :ahee:

Boo for rain :frown:

Yay for confirmation class! Sounds great! Keep us posted on your journey :h:

Fixed for you :h:

Hi, A Public Service Announcement was just broadcast over the T.V. warning about flashfloods in our area. What a difference. Actually it's a good sign for future reserves. It means the ground can't absorb anymore so it's all running into water sheds,(as well as basements.) but no ones complaining. God Bless.
Reply 2519
Your video wouldn't play. My computer needs a tune-up. I went to wiki for a quick read and have some questions. Gets a bit complicated. I'll go to the right thread. I appreciate your efforts. Thank You.

In a nutshell...

Spoiler

Ramble over :tongue:

:getmecoat:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending