The Student Room Group

Liverpool Medicine (A100) Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 880
Original post by Amaad121
For the interview we have to report to the medical school building Cedar House right ? and how many minutes before the interview should we arrive !

Yes. Early enough to be able to sort out your registration/documents on arrival and calm down before your interview.
Reply 881
Original post by Kyalimers
Yes. Early enough to be able to sort out your registration/documents on arrival and calm down before your interview.

And locate the toilets :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 882
Just to confirm are Liverpool still handing out interviews :/ because I was thinking of calling this week since I have yet to hear from them?
Reply 883
Original post by Joker1995
Just to confirm are Liverpool still handing out interviews :/ because I was thinking of calling this week since I have yet to hear from them?

Someone posted that exact same question yesterday. Please take the time to check.

The answer is yes.
Reply 884
Hi everyone, so what are the chances of getting an offer post-ibtervuew, finding it hard to tell hoe I did and the wait is agony!
Original post by Rooroo96
Hi everyone, so what are the chances of getting an offer post-ibtervuew, finding it hard to tell hoe I did and the wait is agony!

On hear it says there's a 1:2.1 ratio for offer to interview but that's for 2013 entry so it depending if they've interviewed more or less maybe different. http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/medical_school_competition_ratios
Original post by 06dwilliams
On hear it says there's a 1:2.1 ratio for offer to interview but that's for 2013 entry so it depending if they've interviewed more or less maybe different. http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/medical_school_competition_ratios

Thats such a sexy ratio, I'm very hopeful now :smile:
Original post by 06dwilliams

Thats such a sexy ratio, I'm very hopeful now :smile:
Reply 888
Just got a rejection :frown: preinterview...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 889
Original post by lucy0110
Just got a rejection :frown: preinterview...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same! What was your reason? It said written communication and then non academic.
Reply 890
Yeah mine was the same reason! Kind of knew it was coming after not hearing for this long though! How's the rest of your application going?:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 891
Yeah mine was the same reason! Kind of knew it was coming after not hearing for this long though! How's the rest of your application going?:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yh thats what I was thinking aswell. Had an interview at aberdeen in December, rejected from uea and liverpool now, still waiting on kings, u?
Reply 892
Good luck with kings and Aberdeen! They would both be amazing places to go! I've had interviews at Sheffield and UEA so just waiting for replies now, and I got rejected from Leeds...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 893
Good luck with kings and Aberdeen! They would both be amazing places to go! I've had interviews at Sheffield and UEA so just waiting for replies now, and I got rejected from Leeds...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks you too! :smile:
Original post by MrDoctor
Yh thats what I was thinking aswell. Had an interview at aberdeen in December, rejected from uea and liverpool now, still waiting on kings, u?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's good that you've had interviews elsewhere, because in the end one offer is all you need :smile: Good luck!
Reply 895
Original post by Rumschpringe
It's good that you've had interviews elsewhere, because in the end one offer is all you need :smile: Good luck!

Yeah just want one offer, then it'll be fine!:smile: have you had an interview at Liverpool? :smile: thank you! You too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 896
I've been researching all of the universities and have decided to apply to medicine at QMUL, Leicester and Sheffield and apply to the EMDP at kings college as i'm from one of the "disadvantaged areas".
My stats are:
GCSEs 2A* 9A 2B
AS predicted AAAA (in bio, chem, math and psychology)
A level i'm planning to drop math and predicted A*A*A
Shadowed a paediatric doctor for a week, volunteer at an autistic youth club, have a weeks placement in cardiology

Do you think I would have a chance at these universities with a decent UKCAT (which I'm training for at the moment) and I've been told I have a strong

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah just want one offer, then it'll be fine!:smile: have you had an interview at Liverpool? :smile: thank you! You too!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I had one in November :smile: Thanks!

Original post by f.loco
I've been researching all of the universities and have decided to apply to medicine at QMUL, Leicester and Sheffield and apply to the EMDP at kings college as i'm from one of the "disadvantaged areas".
My stats are:
GCSEs 2A* 9A 2B
Shadowed a paediatric doctor for a week, volunteer at an autistic youth club, have a weeks placement in cardiology

Do you think I would have a chance at these universities with a decent UKCAT (which I'm training for at the moment) and I've been told I have a strong

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't really see why this has been asked in the Liverpool thread when you're not even planning to apply here :lol:
But I guess you would have a good chance for those unis with your current stats, yes.
Reply 898
Original post by f.loco
My stats are:
GCSEs 2A* 9A 2B

Posted from TSR Mobile

And what exactly does this have to do with Liverpool?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 899
I just got my rejection and am strangely fine about it, despite no offer this year! I just have to press on. Time spent dwelling on a lack of offers is more usefula s revision time. GOOD LUCK TO THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE STILL WAITING FOR REPLIES! xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending