The Student Room Group
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

Leicester accomodation

Scroll to see replies

Heyy :smile: I'm corridor 20 as well, so I'm sure you'll be my new neighbour haha :smile:

As you go in, there's a set of stairs, and at the top is a little seating area, with a table and soft chairs. Then there's a corridor on your left and right, then down the corridor is doors on both sides (bedrooms). There is a very small, basic kitchen, and as long as I can make a cup of tea, I'm happy haha! It'll be fine as we're catered :smile:

What's your name by the way? And where you moving from?

I'll be a slighter older student as I'm 22 now :smile:

Z x

Posted from TSR Mobile
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
Original post by CaitNi
I'm on floor 1, flat 8 but also studying maths! Did you go to any of the open days?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I went to one in February, I can't remember the date exactly. But yay someone study the same course and you're close by!
Original post by ZoeMusic
Heyy :smile: I'm corridor 20 as well, so I'm sure you'll be my new neighbour haha :smile:

As you go in, there's a set of stairs, and at the top is a little seating area, with a table and soft chairs. Then there's a corridor on your left and right, then down the corridor is doors on both sides (bedrooms). There is a very small, basic kitchen, and as long as I can make a cup of tea, I'm happy haha! It'll be fine as we're catered :smile:

What's your name by the way? And where you moving from?

I'll be a slighter older student as I'm 22 now :smile:

Z x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sounds awesome! I'm Hazel! Bit new to this studentroom stuff so trying to work out if I can change my rather rushed username haha! Yeah it sounds good! Can't wait!! Ah, so maybe 13a is opposite 13b or something. :smile: West Yorkshire! You?
Original post by student_room_
Sounds awesome! I'm Hazel! Bit new to this studentroom stuff so trying to work out if I can change my rather rushed username haha! Yeah it sounds good! Can't wait!! Ah, so maybe 13a is opposite 13b or something. :smile: West Yorkshire! You?

Sorry to interrupt but I see you're from West Yorkshire! I'm from North Yorkshire :biggrin:

Sorry to barge in on your conversation, but I'm from West Yorkshire too! I go to Shelley College :smile:
Original post by tylerjohn96
Sorry to barge in on your conversation, but I'm from West Yorkshire too! I go to Shelley College :smile:

Oh you're from Yorkshire too! I'm from North Yorkshire :biggrin:
I'm from Corby, Northamptonshire (well originally Durham!)

So I only actually live about 40 miles from Leicester, maybe closer :smile:

X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Danielle.A
Sorry to interrupt but I see you're from West Yorkshire! I'm from North Yorkshire :biggrin:

Original post by tylerjohn96

Yay Yorkshire people! :smile: Yorkshire! Yorkshire! Yorkshire!
Reply 1228
Hi, just been offered digby hall, my first choice ahhh, all seemingly becoming much more real the fact that I will be there in such a short period of time!! So was just wondering anyone else in digby hall for next year? :smile:
Congrats! :smile: I'm going to be in Beaumont, which I think is next door to Digby :biggrin: x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Prepare to have your accent mocked all year! I'm 1 out of 3 northerners (South Yorkshire) in a block 40 people!

Southerners. Southerners everywhere.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good to see some more Yorkshire people going to Leicester :biggrin:
Original post by Hart1995
Prepare to have your accent mocked all year! I'm 1 out of 3 northerners (South Yorkshire) in a block 40 people!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh great haha!
Hello everyone! I have Leicester as my firm choice. Hopefully will be studying modern languages with translation, just looking for thoughts on accommodation. Which ones are more social etc. I'm so indecisive and currently stuck between John Foster and GMS at the moment!
GMS and Beaumont seem to be the most sociable :smile: that's what most people have been saying anyway!

I'm in Beaumont in Sept :biggrin:

Z x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hart1995

Posted from TSR Mobile

agh no really? Which hall are you in? I don't think I've got much of an accent.. all though I guess you can't really tell yourself! I do love the southern accents though!
Reply 1236
Hi everyone!! As I firmed Leicester yesterday, it's high time I started thinking about accommodation! But tbh I don't really get the difference between the different types of room. They do explain a bit here http://www2.le.ac.uk/offices/accommodation/student-accommodation/your-room-types-explained but there are still a few things I'd like to be sure about. As for example in which room is there a private bathroom?? :biggrin:
Thaaanks in advance :smile:
agh no really? Which hall are you in? I don't think I've got much of an accent.. all though I guess you can't really tell yourself! I do love the southern accents though!

I'm Beaumont hall block 6 :smile: I didn't until I got here trust me it will show!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1238
Lol, I think the accent thing works both ways, I often get mocked for having a southern accent but in the end it's all mostly banter :smile:
Hi everyone,
I haven't seen all the comments before but I watched this thread last year and am now getting notifications that this thread is quite active.
I am a first year in Digby Hall and I absolutely love it there so I advise you to apply for Digby Hall if you can, it's honestly the best value for money block (if it's still the same price as it was when I applied last year!). It's also the closest to ASDA which is honestly more of an issue than you think as you will probably be making a lot of trips to there at random times so it helps to be close.
All of my friends who live in different blocks have said it is the nicest block they've seen and I agree with them.
If you have any questions then feel free to message me or reply to me on this thread :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending