The Student Room Group

HIS3J: The State and People: Britain, 1918–1964. 2014 June exam

Scroll to see replies

Original post by muzika
Hey, anyone doing this topic? :smile:

Lets share resources, ideas and anything else that may be helpful:smile:

I found this on the getrevising website. I love that website, they have some great revision sources, you just have to dig around a little bit for them.

http://getrevising.co.uk/resources/all_notes_history_britain
Reply 21
Original post by Holly1995xx
I found this on the getrevising website. I love that website, they have some great revision sources, you just have to dig around a little bit for them.

http://getrevising.co.uk/resources/all_notes_history_britain

Thanks! :smile:
Original post by J56
Hi does anyone understand what is needed for the historical debate? My teacher tells us to put some historians think and others think....

Iike do we need to know specific historians' names? If so does anyone know any? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

My teacher from last year left us this. I'm incredibly thankful for it because my new teacher isn't even going to finish the course until a week before the exam. :eek:

(I had to split it into 2 documents as it was too big to upload as one!)
Reply 23
My teacher from last year left us this. I'm incredibly thankful for it because my new teacher isn't even going to finish the course until a week before the exam. :eek:

(I had to split it into 2 documents as it was too big to upload as one!)

Aww thank you!

If anyone wants the essay I did for mass communications then send me your email address :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm doing this paper after doing horrendously last year. There's so much to learn! D:
Reply 25
Only 1 month left till exam. Scary...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 27
Where's everyone upto?:smile:

So much to learn🙈

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by muzika
Some historian views :smile:
Posted from TSR Mobile

I really appreciate this, thank you!

I was looking at past paper questions, and was wondering if anyone could tell me what examiners are referring to when they say 'style of government'. I was looking at the question "LG fell from power because of his style of government....." but I can't find the mark scheme. Does it simply refer to his policies i.e Chanak Crisis, Irish Question, responses to Industrial confrontation etc...or is it directly referring to the changes he made to cabinet? hope someone can answer this because i'm confused haha thank you!
Original post by J56
Where's everyone upto?:smile:

So much to learn🙈

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm up to Churchill's coalition government. you?

I agree, I always feel a little bit confident until I look at the past paper questions. haha I don't think that I'll ever be prepared for this exam.
Original post by aliyah08
I really appreciate this, thank you!

I was looking at past paper questions, and was wondering if anyone could tell me what examiners are referring to when they say 'style of government'. I was looking at the question "LG fell from power because of his style of government....." but I can't find the mark scheme. Does it simply refer to his policies i.e Chanak Crisis, Irish Question, responses to Industrial confrontation etc...or is it directly referring to the changes he made to cabinet? hope someone can answer this because i'm confused haha thank you!

Yes, it refers to his policies. The main phrase our teacher has been drumming into us is his "presidential style" ie. he rarely consulted other members of his party or other parties before making decisions. Chanak is a perfect example for this. Hope this helps, good luck! :smile:

Also, this is a plan for a question from the June 2010 question that sounds quite similar to the one you mentioned.
Reply 31
Original post by aliyah08
I'm up to Churchill's coalition government. you?

I agree, I always feel a little bit confident until I look at the past paper questions. haha I don't think that I'll ever be prepared for this exam.

I'm upto nationalisation of key industries! I feel the exact same! Last papers are hit and miss really! Like a whole 45 mark essay on the general strike is just horrible but then something like why labour fell in 1924 is a god send!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 32
Yes, it refers to his policies. The main phrase our teacher has been drumming into us is his "presidential style" ie. he rarely consulted other members of his party or other parties before making decisions. Chanak is a perfect example for this. Hope this helps, good luck! :smile:

Also, this is a plan for a question from the June 2010 question that sounds quite similar to the one you mentioned.

Exactly this! This was the first essay we attempted at the start of the year :smile:
Martin Pugh called him "virtual dictator" and you could also mention on the honours scandal which was a controversial way to raise funds.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by J56
Exactly this! This was the first essay we attempted at the start of the year :smile:
Martin Pugh called him "virtual dictator" and you could also mention on the honours scandal which was a controversial way to raise funds.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did this question at the beginning of my course too, and I think I got around 20 marks for it. However, I'm planning on redoing all of the past exam questions and getting my teacher to mark them for me. Where are you up to on revision?
Reply 34
Im so scared for this exam which is a big difference from last year when I was really confident sitting this exam.

I think what I was missing big time was revising the themes and preparing for the synoptic question.
Reply 35
Maybe someones teacher predicted some questions that might come up? :smile:
Original post by Petal96
I despise this course

well that makes two of us. So much to learn especially all of the dates and acts.
Reply 37
I did this question at the beginning of my course too, and I think I got around 20 marks for it. However, I'm planning on redoing all of the past exam questions and getting my teacher to mark them for me. Where are you up to on revision?

I'm upto nationalisation and economic promlems and recovery you?:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 38
I'm on this course. My teacher thinks that Lloyd George and the Conservatives are likely to come up after looking through all the past paper questions.
Original post by J56
I'm upto nationalisation and economic promlems and recovery you?:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same, although I get confused sometimes cos my teacher is still teaching us the course content from 1951-1964, so I keep getting mixed up with what I've revised and what I haven't! :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending