The Student Room Group

Muslim father beats daughter for dating a white

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ggmu!
The post you quoted did. You compared 'lightly hitting your wife' to laws protecting child abuse.

You would feel absurd to think a father thinks rules about his wife apply to his daughter.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did not compare anything....

As this is a thread about child abuse, I associate all posts with thread. I very much doubt the father to a while to think and thought oh im permitted to 'lightly hitting your wife' so ill hit my daughter; rather I think the rage got the better of him which is unacceptable. By the way, although i'm not an expert, I don't think there is anywhere in the quran that allows as there are disputes between scholars about the interpreting of some qoutes related to it.
Original post by sellerofdreams
That is incorrect. Honour killings usually only occur in middle eastern, south asian and African communities because men in those patriarchal societies believe they have a right to women's bodies. And it is most common among the Muslim community followed by the Hindu community. Not all societies follow this barbaric practice, so don't assume that they do. You never hear of a Singaporean honour killing.

ermm excuse me? can you stop talking absolute nonsense about Muslim communitys and islam. our men do not thinkthey own our body. like wtf. In a lot of muslim households and communitys the men pretty much do and say what their women want. you dont belong to a muslim community so you wouldn't know.
Original post by TheKingOfTSR
Daily mail.

Dating is prohibited

Beating is abuse and is prohibited

Posted from TSR Mobile

The future is Grim...although I never dated anyone :smile:
I guess it is allowed for parents to get physical if the child did a wrong in most religion isnt it?
Original post by ridwan12
:facepalm2: Im not even gonna bother with you

The words of a child who knows he's lost:rolleyes: Don't start something you can't finish kid
The attitudes on this thread scare me so much that it's unreal. A little bit of background- I'm a 16yr old boy who comes from, and still proudly lives in an Islamic household. Admittedly, I'm a little uncertain of my beliefs, not because of any supposed horrors present in Islam, but just thoughtful about the entire notion of there being an all-seeing deity. I guess you could say that I come from one of those communities like this whereby my uncles and aunts would behave in this way- fortunately, my mum is more liberal- and NOT because she's been westernised, and is following the 'correct' path. My mum is fully Arabian, and I have never met a woman who is more caring, understanding and sincere as my mother. I feel as though I need to defend Islam, because there has been a severe mischaracterisation as to how Islam fundamentally treats women, it's people and how the society works. In my household, my friends households etc. yes, we got the occasional slap, and sometimes even the slipper etc. - this isn't evidence for 'Islam' and it's supposedly 'barbaric' methods; it's an example of a culture, that may I remind you originated from third world countries, whereby there isn't an uproar everytime a kid gets slapped by his mum for misbehaving. This is seen as the acceptable norm, because fundamentally the kid isn't harmed and further evidence for this is that slapping is permitted in the U.K and many 'white british' parents opt for this kind of disciplinary action. What ticks me off is how people seem to associate this directly with Islam, when it occurs in Chinese, Japanese, Nigerian and lots of other communities. In fact, if you live in London like myself, the culture that experiences the most amount of beatings from parents who refuse to listen, is the East and North African community, whereby the majority of people are Christian. This point isn't that Christians are bad and Muslims aren't; I'm not reversing the blame. What I'm proving is that this kind of thing isn't inherent to Islam. Fair enough, you may be wondering 'Why is it that the Muslims are the ones always going over the top'- the answer is that these cultures you get in India, Pakistan etc. are predominantly Muslim. As a consequence, when culture and the need to be respected comes in to play, religion is USED as a way to legitimise what is going on, by saying 'this is our way of life, look around you, everyone is Muslim and they're all doing it, therefore it's Islam that lets us get away with it'. The point at which everyone in these cultures believes in the need for reputation etc. NO ONE stops and says 'hang on, our religion doesn't tolerate this'- because everyone is fulfilling the status quo. So please, this isn't because of Islam- any further queries, and I'd be pleased to address them, because this mischaracterisation of my society is unfair and often just scapegoating and a way of making people feel good about their supposed liberalist ideals and a way of people praising themselves on being 'moral' and 'good' when essentially, you see the outside and don't comprehend the mechanics and the intricacies of what goes on in communities. And then people are actually surprised when Islamists emerge- yes, because you're demonising them everywhere they go, and some feel as though it's too far. You can't then blame them for going crazy- once again, this isn't specific to Islam, and no, I don't condone violence- just understand why it might arise and whether or not you can empathise.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Ribbit1234
ermm excuse me? can you stop talking absolute nonsense about Muslim communitys and islam. our men do not thinkthey own our body. like wtf. In a lot of muslim households and communitys the men pretty much do and say what their women want. you dont belong to a muslim community so you wouldn't know.

I am sure that most Muslim men do not think that they own their women's bodies. Honour killings are very rare. However, in the cases where they do occur, they are disproportionately amongst the Muslim community, in places such as Afghanistan and Pakistan. Even in places like india.
So you are saying that Islam is not patriarchal, not at all?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WinterApproaches
The attitudes on this thread scare me so much that it's unreal. A little bit of background- I'm a 16yr old boy who comes from, and still proudly lives in an Islamic household. Admittedly, I'm a little uncertain of my beliefs, not because of any supposed horrors present in Islam, but just thoughtful about the entire notion of there being an all-seeing deity. I guess you could say that I come from one of those communities like this whereby my uncles and aunts would behave in this way- fortunately, my mum is more liberal- and NOT because she's been westernised, and is following the 'correct' path. My mum is fully Arabian, and I have never met a woman who is more caring, understanding and sincere as my mother. I feel as though I need to defend Islam, because there has been a severe mischaracterisation as to how Islam fundamentally treats women, it's people and how the society works. In my household, my friends households etc. yes, we got the occasional slap, and sometimes even the slipper etc. - this isn't evidence for 'Islam' and it's supposedly 'barbaric' methods; it's an example of a culture, that may I remind you originated from third world countries, whereby there isn't an uproar everytime a kid gets slapped by his mum for misbehaving. This is seen as the acceptable norm, because fundamentally the kid isn't harmed and further evidence for this is that slapping is permitted in the U.K and many 'white british' parents opt for this kind of disciplinary action. What ticks me off is how people seem to associate this directly with Islam, when it occurs in Chinese, Japanese, Nigerian and lots of other communities. In fact, if you live in London like myself, the culture that experiences the most amount of beatings from parents who refuse to listen, is the East and North African community, whereby the majority of people are Christian. This point isn't that Christians are bad and Muslims aren't; I'm not reversing the blame. What I'm proving is that this kind of thing isn't inherent to Islam. Fair enough, you may be wondering 'Why is it that the Muslims are the ones always going over the top'- the answer is that these cultures you get in India, Pakistan etc. are predominantly Muslim. As a consequence, when culture and the need to be respected comes in to play, religion is USED as a way to legitimise what is going on, by saying 'this is our way of life, look around you, everyone is Muslim and they're all doing it, therefore it's Islam that lets us get away with it'. The point at which everyone in these cultures believes in the need for reputation etc. NO ONE stops and says 'hang on, our religion doesn't tolerate this'- because everyone is fulfilling the status quo. So please, this isn't because of Islam- any further queries, and I'd be pleased to address them, because this mischaracterisation of my society is unfair and often just scapegoating and a way of making people feel good about their supposed liberalist ideals and a way of people praising themselves on being 'moral' and 'good' when essentially, you see the outside and don't comprehend the mechanics and the intricacies of what goes on in communities. And then people are actually surprised when Islamists emerge- yes, because you're demonising them everywhere they go, and some feel as though it's too far. You can't then blame them for going crazy- once again, this isn't specific to Islam, and no, I don't condone violence- just understand why it might arise and whether or not you can empathise.

That is a good point.

Posted from TSR Mobile
we are equal but we have different roles which is only natural since our bodies are wired differently. women are carers and men are protectors. men have it much harder than women tbh. they have to do a lot more
Original post by sellerofdreams
I am sure that most Muslim men do not think that they own their women's bodies. Honour killings are very rare. However, in the cases where they do occur, they are disproportionately amongst the Muslim community, in places such as Afghanistan and Pakistan. Even in places like india.
So you are saying that Islam is not patriarchal, not at all?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 149
we are equal but we have different roles which is only natural since our bodies are wired differently. women are carers and men are protectors. men have it much harder than women tbh. they have to do a lot more

Lol 'carers' and 'protectors'. Both sexes are equally good at both.

That's ridiculously old fashioned.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Teya
um...?
and yeah it might not be but people also have to realise that times are changing. We can only stick to traditions for so long before they don't apply to everyday life anymore.

you're confusing tradition with religion. The latter cannot be altered or modified just because "times are changing".

Having said that, it is unnecessary and quite a backwards way of dealing with finding out your child is having out of marriage relationships. Trust Daily Mail to put out an article like this.

Thing is, if parents like these took the time out to explain to their kids why these relationships are frowned upon and gave their kids some rationale and guidance rather than forced imposition or threats, then kids wouldnt feel the need to sneak around or do these things. As a parent, you have to accept that there is only so much you can do in terms of rightful guidance and advice before you leave your child to their own devices. Violence will not bring them closer to God, in fact it will just make then question what kind of God promotes violence.
stop twisting it. I am aware that both genders are capable of being both. but in general. even today men are protectors. its always women and children first for example. like that shootout that happened a couple of years ago in America. and most guys shielded their gf. it wasnt the opposite. and in most jobs that require working and caring for children.its usually females who do these type of jobs. for example most childminders, nursery teachers and primary school teachers are women. both are equal and are as capable as each other but are wired out biologically different.
Original post by Ggmu!
Lol 'carers' and 'protectors'. Both sexes are equally good at both.

That's ridiculously old fashioned.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 152
stop twisting it. I am aware that both genders are capable of being both. but in general. even today men are protectors. its always women and children first for example. like that shootout that happened a couple of years ago in America. and most guys shielded their gf. it wasnt the opposite. and in most jobs that require working and caring for children.its usually females who do these type of jobs. for example most childminders, nursery teachers and primary school teachers are women. both are equal and are as capable as each other but are wired out biologically different.

That's tradition too. They are viewed as female workplaces and often aren't full day jobs for some of the assistants, which favour start at home mothers.

I don't know anything about that shootout but yeah if you have a gf you're not gonna run away from her and go protect some random kid. Just as a mother is gonna be the one to shield her son because she's the parent that's there. I have no doubt a father would jump in front of their son to shield them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
im talking about adult men and women. not children. the man would protect and shield the women. not the other way round.
Original post by Ggmu!
That's tradition too. They are viewed as female workplaces and often aren't full day jobs for some of the assistants, which favour start at home mothers.

I don't know anything about that shootout but yeah if you have a gf you're not gonna run away from her and go protect some random kid. Just as a mother is gonna be the one to shield her son because she's the parent that's there. I have no doubt a father would jump in front of their son to shield them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
If our people aren't good enough for your daughters, our country is not good enough for you. Start the engines, this guy should be heading off somewhere warm.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Father admitted child cruelty and received a 21-week suspended sentence

He beat a helpless teenage girl with a weapon... a girl who he was responsible for... and all he got was a 21-week suspended sentence?
Original post by WinterApproaches

Age old dilemma of religion trumped by culture

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Scumbag.

But then, I wouldn't want my relatives being involved with muslims, so heh ... I'd never attack them though, I'm not a dumb ape.
Original post by Teaddict
Father admitted child cruelty and received a 21-week suspended sentence

He beat a helpless teenage girl with a weapon... a girl who he was responsible for... and all he got was a 21-week suspended sentence?

Thanks to political correctness.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending