The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Prospective Law student / Raleigh Park tenant

Hi all,

I was wondering whether any of you are hoping to do law at Nottingham next year?
Is there anyone currently doing the course that can explain a bit about what it is like?

Also I have been allocated a place at Roddice Court in Raleigh park on the second floor, and was wondering if anyone is going to be near me :smile:
Original post by CoxyJ_
Hi all,

I was wondering whether any of you are hoping to do law at Nottingham next year?
Is there anyone currently doing the course that can explain a bit about what it is like?

Also I have been allocated a place at Roddice Court in Raleigh park on the second floor, and was wondering if anyone is going to be near me :smile:

hey, i was thinking of applying this year, i heard that Nottingham is a really good place to study law.
what were your AS grades and your predicted grades, and what was your offer???
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by abcdefghijklmnoo
hey, i was thinking of applying this year, i heard that Nottingham is a really good place to study law.
what were your AS grades and your predicted grades, and what was your offer???

My as grades were A (Law), B B (in English and psychology) and C (PE). This wasn't as good as I hoped, but my predicted grades are still A*AA which is the offer I got as well. Having said that however, I also know someone who is similar academically to me, but got an offer of AAB. So don't ask my how they choose their offers
thank you, that has boosted by confidence and i am going to apply now, where else did you apply and did you get an offer?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4
thank you, that has boosted by confidence and i am going to apply now, where else did you apply and did you get an offer?

Yes from Nottingham I did.

I also applied for Law courses (they are all same course really) at Warrick, Durham, Cardiff and Exeter. I got offers from all, and they ranged from A*AA at Durham and Nottingham, to AAA at Warrick and AAB at Exeter and ABB at Cardiff. When it comes to Law you will find that there are no low offers going really because of how competitive it is, but the upside is that they are all brilliant places to go

Best of luck
I've got a room at SPC for this year's entry, which isn't fair from Raleigh :smile: I'm doing law too. I have predicted grades A*A*A, got AABB at AS, but got an AAB offer from Notts, so I don't quite understand how they give out offers either! See you in September! :biggrin:
Reply 6

I forgot to add, for some of these Universities you will need to sit the LNAT (Law National Admissions Test). This can be arranged either through your college or independantly at a near by PearsonVue centre. Nottingham and Durham both require this

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending