The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nitin0896
So I guess you would be able to guess atleast 1 of the 3 15+20 markers?

you could make a vague guess as to the topic the essay titles might be on. i can say with certainty the data response section of the paper won't be on the labour market failure/income inequality section as that was last year, which opens up the possibility of that being an essay question, a part a) could be asking you to analyse how inequality is measured and a part b) could be to discuss the effectiveness of government solutions to income inequality.

already said that i think the data response bit will be on leisure markets, with the 3 essays ranging from things like wage determination/ demand and supply of labour/ impact of aging population and/or impact of National Minimum Wage. and of course an income inequality essay.
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1399499954.831655.jpg
Anyone would love to briefly plan the outline of these essays? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
hey guys, can anyone tell me the structure of the 15 and 20 marker i.e. the L1 L2 L3 and L4. Also what you guys normally write in the evaluation bit because I often cant get any marks from it.
Original post by May-o2q
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1399499954.831655.jpg
Anyone would love to briefly plan the outline of these essays? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

for Q2a) " Analyse, using examples, the factors which determine the elasticity of demand for labour"

Introduction :

define elasticity of demand for labour - "the responsiveness of the quantity of labour demanded by firms in response to a change in the wage rate"
brief outline of the factors - so you'd mention the ease of factor substitution, the time period, the price elasticity of demand for the firms products and the proportion of wage costs as total costs

Then you'd just delve into the four main factors mentioned in the introduction, providing a more in-depth analysis and obviously providing an example in each case. i'll do 2B later :smile:
Hopefully this will help everyone. It's a zip with a load of labour market failure notes, if you need them. Somebody (who I believe scored 4 A*s) put these together last year and my teacher has been emailing them to us.
Original post by pro crastination
hopefully this will help everyone. It's a zip with a load of labour market failure notes, if you need them. Somebody (who i believe scored 4 a*s) put these together last year and my teacher has been emailing them to us.

oh gosh. I cannot thank you enough. I kept feeling my notes were inadequate. You have just saved my life. You are awesome!
Original post by thunguyen168
oh gosh. I cannot thank you enough. I kept feeling my notes were inadequate. You have just saved my life. You are awesome!

No problem :P I've just realised how useful this is for ones the textbook doesn't really touch on much; skill shortages, for instance.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by pro crastination
hopefully this will help everyone. It's a zip with a load of labour market failure notes, if you need them. Somebody (who i believe scored 4 a*s) put these together last year and my teacher has been emailing them to us.

holy moley this is amazing
Original post by Pro Crastination
Hopefully this will help everyone. It's a zip with a load of labour market failure notes, if you need them. Somebody (who I believe scored 4 A*s) put these together last year and my teacher has been emailing them to us.

Amazing, thank you soooo much!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone have any personal notes on the leisure markets... I find Labour markets fine but the leisure markets a lot harder!

Anyone have any ideas what the shorter questions will be on and what the essays will be based on?
How would I structure my 15 and 20 marks questions?
Reply 31
Original post by Fas
you could make a vague guess as to the topic the essay titles might be on. i can say with certainty the data response section of the paper won't be on the labour market failure/income inequality section as that was last year, which opens up the possibility of that being an essay question, a part a) could be asking you to analyse how inequality is measured and a part b) could be to discuss the effectiveness of government solutions to income inequality.

already said that i think the data response bit will be on leisure markets, with the 3 essays ranging from things like wage determination/ demand and supply of labour/ impact of aging population and/or impact of National Minimum Wage. and of course an income inequality essay.

I doubt they would ask anything to do with demand and supply of labour since the question last year was to do with elasticity of supply of labour. And I don't think they will ask anything about wage determination either since that was also an essay question last year.

The data response is highly unlikely to be on labour market failure though since that is what it was on last year.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 32

Thanks very much, that will help a lot!
Now that F585 is over, we need more activity on here!

(Just reading your conversation with Fas) - Just wondering where you got offers from?

:smile:
No problem :P I've just realised how useful this is for ones the textbook doesn't really touch on much; skill shortages, for instance.

Original post by Fas

I feel so happy you two are doing F583, lets get this thread up in levels with the F585 one!
Original post by karrlt
Thanks very much, that will help a lot!
Now that F585 is over, we need more activity on here!

(Just reading your conversation with Fas) - Just wondering where you got offers from?

:smile:

Bath :smile: We've both firmed there, and I believe we both have the same insurance too (York).
Reply 35
Thanks for everyones help for F585, just wondering for 2)a, would internal devaluation be a correct answer?
Lets get this thread going!
Reply 36
Bath :smile: We've both firmed there, and I believe we both have the same insurance too (York).

Aah two peas in a pod...
I'm from very near York.
If all goes well, it's Cambridge for Economics in October!
Original post by karrlt
Aah two peas in a pod...
I'm from very near York.
If all goes well, it's Cambridge for Economics in October!

Nice :smile: I met a guy during a model UN meeting who managed to get into Cambridge for Economics, bit of a Keynesian, he's taken a year out, so he'll be starting in September as well.

Right. F585 down, F583 revision continues now. I might genuinely score an A* in this subject :eek:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 38
Nice :smile: I met a guy during a model UN meeting who managed to get into Cambridge for Economics, bit of a Keynesian, he's taken a year out, so he'll be starting in September as well.

Haha sounds fun! I'm abit of a Keynesian too (in theory! - EPQ)

I'm praying for a nice friendly 20 mark essay on a leisure industry fitting a market structure next week ..

Right. F585 down, F583 revision continues now. I might genuinely score an A* in this subject :eek:

likewise haha, did a mock in this and got 56/60, so i will be mightily pissed off if i can't get an a* in this one!

probably revised for this one the most, although i still need to revise the leisure markets section - one of those "Discuss the extent to which a leisure market of your choice is an oligopoly" would be peeerrrffeeecccttt

Latest

Trending

Trending