The Student Room Group

Would you date a female with an hair loss condition

Scroll to see replies

Depends where that hair loss is ya na meeeeeeeeeeee
Right now, as it's not very bad I wouldn't bother telling a guy till you were close enough to be comfortable with him.
And anyway, if worst came to worst is a hair transplant an option?
Yeah, why not.
Original post by Anonymous
My mum has alopecia universalis (no hair on her body at all) and she's still beautiful. I know I'm biased, but she gets plenty of male attention and whilst you do get the odd idiot, the best people are able to see past it.

Out of interest, do you know what the trigger for your alopecia is? My mum lost her hair at a time when she was incredibly stressed and if she'd found a way to remove those stresses early enough, then it might have grown back. Presuming that you do want to keep your hair, it may be worth finding out how you can change your lifestyle in order to facilitate those follicles!

Hey, thanks. Well I don't know for sure what triggered it it's never been I the family or anything but my grandma died last October though that was 7 months ago. I'm just hoping this will be the odd patch and it won't happen again but I bet everyone tells themselves that lol before losing all their hair. The thing is I don't even know what percentage of people have it mild and what percent get it severe/total hair loss. It's not the hairless that I'm most worried about it's the fact that apparently because of this I'm at an higher risk of getting autoimmune thyroid disease ( according to what I dread) but again I don't know how much risk that is.
Original post by Bartimaeus
I used the word idiot because his attitude is cruel and unpleasant towards the OP.

Of course hair does have some bearing on attraction but I don't think it would put off people who are genuinely attracted to the person.

He was answering the question. OP shouldn't ask something like this if they can't take the responses.
Original post by hello101010
He was answering the question. OP shouldn't ask something like this if they can't take the responses.

Only problem I have with his response, if any, is that he said that women are the same with men and therefore why should men bother with bald women. But there are tons of males going bald young and old walking around with women.. So I don't see what he means.
Original post by civilstudent
Only problem I have with his response, if any, is that he said that women are the same with men and therefore why should men bother with bald women. But there are tons of males going bald young and old walking around with women.. So I don't see what he means.

I guess he means that women tend to find men less attractive when they're bald, but it's more common in men so they're more likely to find one of the bald men attractive enough despite that. If that made any sense...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending