The Student Room Group

Girls, how self-conscious are you?

For example:

If you were sitting on a cafe table, talking to a stranger that you found physically attractive, and then you did something "embarrassing" - such as a small piece of cheese falling out of your sandwich, how would you react and why? Would it be different if you didn't find the guy physically attractive?

The above example relates to a real life experience of mine. In general, how self-conscious are you?
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
If I found a guy attractive and my cheese fell out of the sandwich hmmm

I'll probably go red and giggle. Possibly even make a comment like 'this always happens to me'

Yes I'm that silly

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'd probably turn as red as a tomato :colondollar: I get embarrassed way too easily.

Posted from TSR Mobile
If a piece of cheese fell out of my sandwich in front of other people, I'd probably have to end the friendship and never see them again. So mortifying! How could I ever hold my head high again?
A small piece of cheese falling out of a sandwich should not make anyone embarrassed!! If it does, I think you need help.
Reply 5
When the cheese did fall out of her sandwich, she started sweeping it off the table, with her hands, while making a quiet (but audible) sound that wasn't laughter; I didn't even notice the cheese until she did that. I then asked her "Hey, what's that?", in a joking manner, and her reply was "I was trying to hide it from you" (while also looking down, I think).
(edited 9 years ago)
Lol i wouldn't be embarrassed at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I honestly wouldn't care. I'm not one of those girls who dramatise everything.

I used to be very self conscious but i've definitely started to think less of what people think of me as i grew up. I live my life the way I want, not to impress people :smile:
Original post by Summerdays
For example:

and then you did something "embarrassing" - such as a small piece of cheese falling out of your sandwich

Ahgawd the embarrassment
Original post by PythianLegume
If a piece of cheese fell out of my sandwich in front of other people, I'd probably have to end the friendship and never see them again. So mortifying! How could I ever hold my head high again?

:rofl:

Original post by TroyAndAbed
A small piece of cheese falling out of a sandwich should not make anyone embarrassed!! If it does, I think you need help.

This.
From that experience... I would not care at all :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
i honestly wouldn't care if a piece of cheese fell out of my sandwich. it is just a piece of cheese.
i get embarrassed really easily but i personally don't see how have a piece of cheese falling out of my sandwich is in anyway embarrassing. whether the person was attractive or not, i wouldn't care.
I'm a self concious person (probably about 7/10 self concious) but not for silly things like if cheese falls out of my sandwich. Though we all have differing opinions on what is silly I suppose.
I wouldn't be embarrassed in the slightest! Who gets embarrassed at a piece of cheese falling out of their sandwich? It's not like it fell out your vagina...
Original post by Secretnerd123
:rofl:

This.

Original post by karmacrunch
From that experience... I would not care at all :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by radprincess
i honestly wouldn't care if a piece of cheese fell out of my sandwich. it is just a piece of cheese.
i get embarrassed really easily but i personally don't see how have a piece of cheese falling out of my sandwich is in anyway embarrassing. whether the person was attractive or not, i wouldn't care.

Did you girls read my second post? Please, share your opinions? :smile:

She's very self conscious
For example:

If you were sitting on a cafe table, talking to a stranger that you found physically attractive, and then you did something "embarrassing" - such as a small piece of cheese falling out of your sandwich, how would you react and why? Would it be different if you didn't find the guy physically attractive?

The above example relates to a real life experience of mine. In general, how self-conscious are you?

Wouldn't be embarrassed if I didn't find him attractive. Would probably feel embarrassed if I thought he was good looking. Even worse, if he was someone on my course and liked but never spoken to. At least with the stranger, you wouldn't have to see them again.

oh sorry, no i didn't. she seems very nervous and very, very self-concious if she's worrying about a piece of cheese falling out.
I'm ridiculously self conscious, can barely walk down a road without feeling like everybody is watching, waiting for me to trip over my own feet.

In that situation, I'd probably just pull a face and blush.
Original post by überambitious_ox
Wouldn't be embarrassed if I didn't find him attractive. Would probably feel embarrassed if I thought he was good looking. Even worse, if he was someone on my course and liked but never spoken to. At least with the stranger, you wouldn't have to see them again.

We go to the same university, but we don't do the same course. We became friends for 8 days before things went south.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending