The Student Room Group

Age differences in Relationships?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by I'veGotAHadron
So it's okay if i'm dating someone who is negative 6 years old? NOICE

Dat dere pregnancy fetish.
I would say 10 years would be big personally.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm 20 (almost 21) and I wouldn't go more than 2 years younger or 3 years older

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wouldn't really put an age to it tbh. If they're perfect for you, then I see no problem with an age diff. I'm 19 and I find people up until the age of 21-22 very immature. I find that noone seeks a relationship that will go somewhere, so I refuse to date. Everyone varies, its a matter of finding the right one.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by EatAndRevise
25 years?! Wow, that is extreme.

Not really :smile: if people are happy, why not?
I think 15 years+ is...notable. But I don't have any strong feelings either way.

I am slightly concerned however that despite getting older I'm still yet to fancy a guy over the age of 30. I hope this changes or I'm doomed.
To be honest this is where I am glad to be male. The general thing seems to be that women like older men (?).

The problem for me is that of there was a like a 10+ year difference that would get more noticeable as you get older. Could get to the point where you are still fit and active and the other person is noticeably moving towards the grave. I don't really think that far ahead anyway, so meh

I'm probably to immature for a older women who has like a career or something anyway.
(edited 9 years ago)
6 years max, 3 years minimum
Original post by Arithmeticae
what I have learned from these types of threads is that not many people go younger

Posted from TSR Mobile

I go younger, both of my exes have been younger...
Right now I would go 2 years older or 2 younger although going younger hasn't worked out in the past, hmm...
Reply 30
Original post by The_Smurf
That actually works pretty well xD

Yeah, cos your average 27 year old is going to love going with a forty year old wrinklie!:rolleyes:
Reply 31
I'll happily go 20 years either way.
Original post by kayleighisonfire
I go younger, both of my exes have been younger...

Cougar?

Sorry I couldn't resist :mmm:
I would find it very difficult to go out with someone younger than me! What was your age difference? :smile:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by karmacrunch
Cougar?

Sorry I couldn't resist :mmm:
I would find it very difficult to go out with someone younger than me! What was your age difference? :smile:
Posted from TSR Mobile

No it was between 1-2 years. I just seem to find them easier to talk to than someone older, I also don't feel my age which doesn't help :rolleyes:
Reply 34
10 to 12 years difference max.. older duh.. i wouldnt want someone younger
Original post by Cobbler
Yeah, cos your average 27 year old is going to love going with a forty year old wrinklie!:rolleyes:

Yes they can be, my sister is 29 and is with someone who is nearly 49, they have been together for 15 years!
Yes they can be, my sister is 29 and is with someone who is nearly 49, they have been together for 15 years!

So she was 14 when she was dating him...

Posted from TSR Mobile

So she was 14.and he was 34 when they first got together, was there any comments made about them? Not sure of where I live people would see that as the norm.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm 22 and if I were single, I think 30 would be the oldest I would go for right now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by yeah_baby
So she was 14.and he was 34 when they first got together, was there any comments made about them? Not sure of where I live people would see that as the norm.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well her dad wanted to kill him (which I can see why) I'm guessing there were comments made about them but they're still together now and they love each other and to me that's all that matters.

Original post by daindian
So she was 14 when she was dating him...

Posted from TSR Mobile

14 or 15 can't remember but it's one of them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending