The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

To apply or not...

I'm applying this year as a mature, international student to study ancient history. I absolutely love the course at KCL, but I'm not 100% about living in London. I've also noticed that on the list of most dangerous university areas, KCL tops the list. I'm just so torn on what to do. Does anyone have any advice to help me decide?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Original post by Coffeetime
I'm applying this year as a mature, international student to study ancient history. I absolutely love the course at KCL, but I'm not 100% about living in London. I've also noticed that on the list of most dangerous university areas, KCL tops the list. I'm just so torn on what to do. Does anyone have any advice to help me decide?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hmmm it's in the top world university rankings, I don't think that many people would be applying to KCL if it was that bad:smile: You should consider it
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by arfah
Hmmm it's in the top world university rankings, I don't think that many people would be applying to KCL if it was that bad:smile: You should consider it

Thank you! I just keep looking at it and it sounds so amazing. Are you a student there?
Reply 3
Thank you! I just keep looking at it and it sounds so amazing. Are you a student there?

Welcome, Haha it sounds amazing to me as well! Apparently the place it's located in is brilliant too:biggrin: Nope not a student there, I might apply there next year though:yes:
Original post by arfah
Welcome, Haha it sounds amazing to me as well! Apparently the place it's located in is brilliant too:biggrin: Nope not a student there, I might apply there next year though:yes:

What are you applying for?
Reply 5

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have firmed King's for ancient history this year (the course is amazing!). I have lots of friends who live in central London, and I've never heard of any of them having any problems or finding it dangerous at all. But I guess like a lot of big cities, London is likely to be more 'dangerous' statistically.
Original post by TheZoo
I have firmed King's for ancient history this year (the course is amazing!). I have lots of friends who live in central London, and I've never heard of any of them having any problems or finding it dangerous at all. But I guess like a lot of big cities, London is likely to be more 'dangerous' statistically.

Thanks for the response. I think I'm sold on King's now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
What are you applying for?

Politics, Philosophy and Law, it's the only uni that offers this course:daydreaming:
Original post by arfah
Politics, Philosophy and Law, it's the only uni that offers this course:daydreaming:

Wow. That sounds intense!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Wow. That sounds intense!

Posted from TSR Mobile

It is intense, theres's only 30 places:awesome: I doubt I have a chance though, for my other uni choices I'll be applying to just Law:biggrin: I do wish there were more unis offering the PPL course that King's does:no:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
I'll be going to King's this year, as a mature home student studying Computer Science at the Strand Campus (which I believe is also the campus for Ancient History). When I visited the campus, it seemed safe enough. It's right in the heart of London, with the Royal Courts of Justice just a few hundred meters away. I can't see it being too dangerous a place since it's so bustling/busy! I personally love the location, and can't wait to move to halls. :biggrin: Just to add a little credence to my opinion, I'm not speaking just as a future student/resident of the area, but as someone whose work used to take them to the courts on a semi-regular basis. I used to get off at the same station as I would need to for the campus (Temple station), and in all my time there, I never experienced or witnessed a bad incident.

Hope that helps. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Come to King's :awesome:
Original post by Riivus
I'll be going to King's this year, as a mature home student studying Computer Science at the Strand Campus (which I believe is also the campus for Ancient History). When I visited the campus, it seemed safe enough. It's right in the heart of London, with the Royal Courts of Justice just a few hundred meters away. I can't see it being too dangerous a place since it's so bustling/busy! I personally love the location, and can't wait to move to halls. :biggrin: Just to add a little credence to my opinion, I'm not speaking just as a future student/resident of the area, but as someone whose work used to take them to the courts on a semi-regular basis. I used to get off at the same station as I would need to for the campus (Temple station), and in all my time there, I never experienced or witnessed a bad incident.

Hope that helps. :smile:

Original post by Slowbro93
Come to King's :awesome:

I'm sold. Haha. I'm not big on living with others, and I'll be eventually bringing my dog over, so I would live off campus. But yeah. King's looks and sounds so amazing.

Quick Reply

Latest