The Student Room Group

Applying for minimum maintenance

I'm doing the application and it's asked if I want to apply for the maximum amount but as my dad earns above the 60k threshold I don't see the point in applying for more to get told no.

I've clicked no and it's said as I'm not applying for the maximum and any grants it's not needing any financial details? Is this right do I not have to say what my household income is if I'm just applying for the minimum?

Also I'm doing a nursing degree, at what point do I apply for the training support fund and how do I do that bit? I'm worried if I say no I won't be able to apply for the grant as it's said I'm not applying for grants.

A big ramble but I'm just confused now

Thank you
Hi enc1000,

It's correct that you don't need to provide your household income details if you are only applying for the basic maintenance loan

You will need to contact the NHS for details on how to apply for the training support fund as this is an NHS product

Thanks,
Calum
Original post by enc1000
Also I'm doing a nursing degree, at what point do I apply for the training support fund and how do I do that bit? I'm worried if I say no I won't be able to apply for the grant as it's said I'm not applying for grants.

The NHS LSF is open for applications now, but you need to show your eligibility for student finance so wait until that has been finalised. Being eligible for the minimum maintenance loan is sufficent to apply for the NHS LSF. :smile:
Hi there

If you have any further questions you can contact us on this platform.

Thanks, Drew

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending