The Student Room Group

Need some help/advice about funding/fees etc?

Hi I'm new here

So I live in Scotland and done a drama course at the City Of Glasgow College 2012-2013 and obviously for funded for that course no problem and I passed the course. Then I felt that Drama/Acting wasn't for me and applied for a course called General Education at Stow College, and I got funded for that because apparently it was a different subject from Acting and there was no problem there apparently. Unfortunately I was diagnosed with depression and anxiety and this got steadily worse and worse to the point I wasn't leaving the house, so then I was dropped from the course and I sort of thought I'd ruined a lot of things for myself. But this year my Doctor and therapist encouraged me to get up off my arse for what of a better word and find work and/or go back to education. So this year I applied for a course at National 4 level in various SQA subjects, and surprisingly got accepted! But now I'm really worried Student Finance won't help me cause of what I've done the past few years, even though I can put down to dropping out last year due to Mental Health issues, but even then I'm not sure?

If anyone can help I'd appreciate it

thanks!
Original post by Nick1995
Hi I'm new here

So I live in Scotland and done a drama course at the City Of Glasgow College 2012-2013 and obviously for funded for that course no problem and I passed the course. Then I felt that Drama/Acting wasn't for me and applied for a course called General Education at Stow College, and I got funded for that because apparently it was a different subject from Acting and there was no problem there apparently. Unfortunately I was diagnosed with depression and anxiety and this got steadily worse and worse to the point I wasn't leaving the house, so then I was dropped from the course and I sort of thought I'd ruined a lot of things for myself. But this year my Doctor and therapist encouraged me to get up off my arse for what of a better word and find work and/or go back to education. So this year I applied for a course at National 4 level in various SQA subjects, and surprisingly got accepted! But now I'm really worried Student Finance won't help me cause of what I've done the past few years, even though I can put down to dropping out last year due to Mental Health issues, but even then I'm not sure?

If anyone can help I'd appreciate it

thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending