The Student Room Group

study a second degree in architecture

Hello,

I have a degree in Mechanical Engineering and a Master in IT both funded by SFE and I feel like is not really my field. I would like to study architecture and I read that you can get funds so I was wondering if the SFE will fund the tuition fee and maintenance.

Please some help with this.

Regards
Ish
Original post by ish j
Hello,

I have a degree in Mechanical Engineering and a Master in IT both funded by SFE and I feel like is not really my field. I would like to study architecture and I read that you can get funds so I was wondering if the SFE will fund the tuition fee and maintenance.

Please some help with this.

Regards
Ish

Hi Ish,

Architecture is an exception in regards to the Maintenance Loan. So, you'll be entitled to the Maintenance Loan for the duration of your course. However, you won't be entitled to the Tuition Fee Loan in this case.

If you have a particular university that you're interested in we'd recommend speaking to them directly to see if they can offer help and advice. Architecture can sometimes be a full exception when studied part-time, so it may be worth asking about that too.

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 2
Thank you very much for your prompt response and time.

Do you know when part time courses will be fully funded ? it s depend of the university? or the subjects ? or base on something else ?

Regards
Ish
Original post by ish j
Thank you very much for your prompt response and time.

Do you know when part time courses will be fully funded ? it s depend of the university? or the subjects ? or base on something else ?

Regards
Ish

Hi there,

You would need to tell us the course and university you wish to study, and we can check if this is an exception course or not.

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 4
Hello,

Thank you for your response,

Is there any data base where to find the courses?

I would like which courses are exempts ?

Regards
Ish
Original post by ish j
Hello,

Thank you for your response,

Is there any data base where to find the courses?

I would like which courses are exempts ?

Regards
Ish

For searching the courses you'd need to use UCAS. For finding out which are exemption courses you'd then need to provide the specific course details to SFE to check.

Unfortunately in general they aren't able to directly provide the list of exemption courses at all providers to my knowledge so you do need to do the legwork of finding all possible courses and then getting in touch with SFE to find out if they are exemptions (full or partial).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending