The Student Room Group

Girls, do you like putting effort into your appearance?

Scroll to see replies

No I don't.

I'll brush my hair, put on a bit of lip balm, but that's usually about it.

I only make a big effort when I'm going to a party, club or something like that.
I HATE spending time on that sort of stuff. Only thing I ever wear on my face is concealer, which is mainly for dark circles. I don't style my hair, I just wash it and let it dry naturally - it's very curly. If it's a morning where I'm not washing my hair, I spray it with water and use my fingers to tame it a bit and restore some of the curls (can't brush it, creates frizz).

If I'm not leaving the house, I don't even do any of the above. Life's too short :tongue:

I'd rather spend more time in bed or eating than wearing make-up :borat:
Original post by ApeMob
I almost agreed but why do you need the boost? To feel confident in yourself, yes. But confident to do what? Hold yourself properly, I suppose? But the for what? To attract a mate. It always deduces to being attractive. Which is fine, attraction increases sex increases population. :smile: We all groom for attraction subconsciously but there are people who exist and who have spoken right in this very thread who consciously do their makeup to impress or attract or feel bad without it. I see how you are differentiating yourself from that type of girl, and that's where I agree, I am the same. But it typically boils down to being confident to be found decent or attractive.

I guess so :biggrin: Probably a bit vain but I want to look in the mirror and find myself attractive, not just for the boys :3 I genuinely don't even like being in front of my family with no makeup on or in just some joggers. Perhaps that's weird... never mind :biggrin:
Reply 43
Original post by Leftee
:sexface:

:colone::sexface:

well hello there my friend..
Original post by Secretnerd123
#lad :rofl:

:awesome:

Seriously, though, does sweating do anything to it? :indiff:
Original post by officiallycool14
No I've given up.

Same here. I make the effort but still end up looking fugly. O_O
Original post by alittlefallofrai
Same here. I make the effort but still end up looking fugly. O_O

I know right!
*high 5*
Thank god, I'm not a girl:lol:
Original post by StrangeBanana
:awesome:

Seriously, though, does sweating do anything to it? :indiff:

Yeah foundation and eyeliner smear off when you sweat thats why they make waterproof cosmetics :biggrin:
Original post by LostGear

Doesn't mean you can't wear makeup :wink:

Still no excuse to care little about how you look :tongue:
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
Yes. I always do my full makeup, hair and clothing even when not going out

haha tyrions a robot
I make the effort when going out with friends and fam but when it's just sixth form or going to the shop I don't bother as much just moisturiser and lipgloss will do.
But when I do make the effort my eyes won't cooperate. My eyes look like this -_o SO ANNOYING!
I'm a mum my daughter gets up at 6am so I'd have to get up at 4:30am to look hot, getting a shower is hard let alone drying hair, styling and putting on makeup!!!
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
Skin doesn't actually breathe it's a myth :smile: pores don't use oxygen, they don't "open " and close either.

Any reputable sources?
Original post by StayCee089
Doesn't mean you can't wear makeup :wink:

Soap and water, and a bit of moisturiser afterwards is more than enough bbz:wink:

Original post by Secretnerd123
Still no excuse to care little about how you look :tongue:

I'm not obsessed.
Soap and water, and a bit of moisturiser afterwards is more than enough bbz:wink:

I'm not obsessed.

Oooo fancyyy! Hope its scented
Original post by StrangeBanana
Does make-up get spoiled by sweating?

Not that I would ever dare impinge upon my supreme gentlemanliness by using any.

Yes you have to touch it up

I'm not obsessed.

Soap is damaging to your skin
#TeamNatural

Quick Reply

Latest