The Student Room Group

I'm an Afghan living in London, ASK ME ANYTHING!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 240
Original post by Kabulkid
haha yeah Poundland.. thats even pushing it! lool im so ghetto not even funny:tongue:

i swear in my whole family i don't see one happy afghan couple, I see content ones but not happy. My cousin married a Russian and shes the happiest out of all the afghans I know because she married him cos they actually liked each other. I might try and find a wife from Afghanistan though because I'm planning on moving back there for good soon, mashaAllah some really beautiful girls back home but looks are superficial anyways. lol.

Naa m8 they'll use you for a Visa and dump you. Swear down :P
And i'm really ghetto to, i've been told this soo many times. But na m8 poundland is just hahah! Was gnna ask if you're from london then i realized you are. What part though? My grandmaa is always lookin for the tall white skinny girls. She won't leave me alone i swear down -.-
But for her sons shes looking and she found one. Got married. She used him. Dumped him. Then nan looked for another (made the same mistake, looked for a tall white skinny one) and this ones on the edge of leaving too -.- Its not about the looks.
Reply 241
Original post by ApeMob
Is Ramadan still on?

Yep :smile:
Reply 242
Original post by Dinaa
lool wat evs man, i'm the youngest and i swear my oldest brothers are just -.-

All the good food is placed in front of them.. My parents constantly telling them to eat. Omdz. And i've seen them. They look at my brothers like 1000 times on the dinner table. And when i try get eye contact with my mum it never works cuz shes too busy staring at my bro :lol:

I am the youngest and i'm also the only one who knows how to cook. Its like dina go cook this and that and omg -.- Idm though i guess.
And they're like, no leave your sister to revise. Like lolwut? I have exams too yano!

with us my brothers eat separately in there room , im like fine nobody wanted to see you, but yeah i dont get much attention, my eldest sister gets it and so do my brothers,
but im the 3rd oldest, i can cook and i get a lot of compliments for my dishes, but the days i dont do something, my parents pick that up so easily and then they exaggerate,
honestly i just laugh, and as i look younger than most and am the shortest i kinda get away with it
Reply 243
Original post by Alibibi
some got married in mid 20s, but recently it has been 17, and 18 year olds and a 23 year old cousin is engaged, lol **** that, that is too early

yeah, for a girl 18 isn't too early, im guessing the guy is 20+? a what age would you ideally want to marry? im a guy and i'd say 23/24 but be engaged for a year or so.
Original post by ApeMob
Do you go thru adversity because of your race/culture?

not really. do you?
Reply 244
Original post by Dinaa
Naa m8 they'll use you for a Visa and dump you. Swear down :P
And i'm really ghetto to, i've been told this soo many times. But na m8 poundland is just hahah! Was gnna ask if you're from london then i realized you are. What part though? My grandmaa is always lookin for the tall white skinny girls. She won't leave me alone i swear down -.-
But for her sons shes looking and she found one. Got married. She used him. Dumped him. Then nan looked for another (made the same mistake, looked for a tall white skinny one) and this ones on the edge of leaving too -.- Its not about the looks.

haha yeah truss im mad ghetto, this is me talking posh lool. i dont wunna drop too many slang words on tsr tho, can't be having mandem using urban dictionary to find out what im saying rofl.

im from south london, brixton, you?

and noo way, i aint getting used for my P, ill probs try and find a rich girl and have a kid and divorce and take half the stuff she owns then marry again with mad money and live the life :smile: lol jokes nah im a nice guy, im looking for tru love rofl. :tongue:
Reply 245
Original post by Dinaa
Yep :smile:

What did you have for Iftar? :P
Reply 246
yeah, for a girl 18 isn't too early, im guessing the guy is 20+? a what age would you ideally want to marry? im a guy and i'd say 23/24 but be engaged for a year or so.

not really. do you?

my cousin is getting married at 24, so i guess 23, idk though i do want my sister to get married asap because i have waited long enough, but she is so picky :redface:
Reply 247

not really. do you?

Not anymore, in a big city with lots of different types of people. No longer a sore thumb at least not for my skin. In my last two years at high school when I had moved to an all white area I was alienated and Frankensteined. I fought a LOT, bashed a girl's face in a locker for calling me a racist name.
Reply 248
Original post by Alibibi
with us my brothers eat separately in there room , im like fine nobody wanted to see you, but yeah i dont get much attention, my eldest sister gets it and so do my brothers,
but im the 3rd oldest, i can cook and i get a lot of compliments for my dishes, but the days i dont do something, my parents pick that up so easily and then they exaggerate,
honestly i just laugh, and as i look younger than most and am the shortest i kinda get away with it

Oo haha thats kind of like my family now. Dads at work. Mums in Afghan for 3months holday. So its me and my sister and two brothers. I cooked every single freakin day for them ;l But the day my dad is home my sister goes into the kitchen and picks thing up and puts them down acting as if shes cleaning. Really pisses me off. WAIT NO. The most ANNOYING thing is when we go to a guests house e.g uncle. And they ask # who cooks?
They say my sisters name >;'( Because shes older. Omg it annoys me so much. That pushes man buttons brah. And i'm taller and skinnier than my sister :P. People don't believe i do housework/cooking because of the way i look ;l which is annoying to.
Reply 249
Original post by Alibibi
my cousin is getting married at 24, so i guess 23, idk though i do want my sister to get married asap because i have waited long enough, but she is so picky :redface:

are a lot of guys after your sister? did she go to uni?

finding afghan girls that have been to top unis are rare tbh, but tbh that can be said the same for guys as well right?
Reply 250
Original post by Dinaa
Oo haha thats kind of like my family now. Dads at work. Mums in Afghan for 3months holday. So its me and my sister and two brothers. I cooked every single freakin day for them ;l But the day my dad is home my sister goes into the kitchen and picks thing up and puts them down acting as if shes cleaning. Really pisses me off. WAIT NO. The most ANNOYING thing is when we go to a guests house e.g uncle. And they ask # who cooks?
They say my sisters name >;'( Because shes older. Omg it annoys me so much. That pushes man buttons brah. And i'm taller and skinnier than my sister :P. People don't believe i do housework/cooking because of the way i look ;l which is annoying to.

look think of it like this, cooking is a skill needed during marriage, if your sis cant cook then she is dead, your better off doing the cooking and cleaning as you will be rewarded and afterwards you can boast to your mum about it

stay strong sis :biggrin:

finding afghan girls that have been to top unis are rare tbh, but tbh that can be said the same for guys as well right?

I wouldnt say that lol.
Reply 252
Original post by ApeMob
Not anymore, in a big city with lots of different types of people. No longer a sore thumb at least not for my skin. In my last two years at high school when I had moved to an all white area I was alienated and Frankensteined. I fought a LOT, bashed a girl's face in a locker for calling me a racist name.

wow, u banged her lol. u a guy/girl?

nah me and my mates just joke about race a lot, i have friends from everywhere so a typical convo would be:

A: haha u bomber what u hiding in ur bag
B: jheeze get outta here u zulu warrior go wipe ur **** with a leaf
C: haha look at ur 4head u somalian, go have banana and rice
D: roofl why u tryna crack banter u irish gypsy, lemee whack a potato on ur head

we're not racist at all, all friendly banter :smile:
Reply 253
Original post by sabre2th1
I wouldnt say that lol.

i don't know any afghan girls/boys that have been to a russel group uni, and i have a BIG family here.
Reply 254

lol i'm not afghani but peshawari (is that a word, lol), but the thing is in my family all of the girls from my dads side are going to, or plannig on going to uni either before or during marriage, dont worry you just do well in civil engineering inshallah and get the 1st, then your mum can help find your gal :wink:
A lil about myself:

18 years old.
Currently awaiting A2 results :s-smilie:.
Male.
Live in South London (dunkno).
Attended a state school.

singe chal dy. hw r u? whr r u frm afghanistan
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 256
Original post by Alibibi
lol i'm not afghani but peshawari (is that a word, lol), but the thing is in my family all of the girls from my dads side are going to, or plannig on going to uni either before or during marriage, dont worry you just do well in civil engineering inshallah and get the 1st, then your mum can help find your gal :wink:

haha inshaAllah, yeah ill probs ask my mum to find me a nice afghan girl.. i dont trust myself, i'll go for the bad ones:p:p
Reply 257
Original post by aqibsaeed
singe chal dy. hw r u? whr r u frm afghanistan

salaam, im from kabul, you?
Reply 258
wow, u banged her lol. u a guy/girl?

nah me and my mates just joke about race a lot, i have friends from everywhere so a typical convo would be:

A: haha u bomber what u hiding in ur bag
B: jheeze get outta here u zulu warrior go wipe ur **** with a leaf
C: haha look at ur 4head u somalian, go have banana and rice
D: roofl why u tryna crack banter u irish gypsy, lemee whack a potato on ur head

we're not racist at all, all friendly banter :smile:

Girl, and by banging what do you mean? XD I meant grabbed the back of her head and slammed it in the door.

And if they're you're mates than yeah fine but I meant by just like random people, have you been verbally/physically assaulted/threatened. I have a very diverse social net and we do the same. Like I am Native American-Indian and get called Pocahontas all the time XD What I call my brown and white associates goes on and on lol
salaam, im from kabul, you?

Pakistan, quite neighbour..lol

Quick Reply

Latest