The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

'Detention'... classic!
" [someone's name], maybe you would care to share with the class what is so funny?"
Are you finding this funny
Would you like to share that with the rest of the class
Oh it looks like gina knows the answer why doesn't she come up here and teach

And the it's your own time your wasting and I've already got my grade lines are rubbish because teachers need their classes to do well or they loose because of it.
Original post by the greatest
" [someone's name], maybe you would care to share with the class what is so funny?"

Makes a note to remember to use this one when I'm a teacher just to troll the children.
My maths teacher always used to say, when at the board and children were talking: "I am hearing voices" "I can still hear voices" "why am I hearing voices?"

My table used to have a giggle about her needing to take medication for 'the voices'

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Afghan Warrior
Since when has a teacher ever said that!?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Unfortunately, one of my teachers says this all the time:/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 186
Original post by Afghan Warrior
Since when has a teacher ever said that!?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Loads of my teachers said this, is it not a common phrase?
I append "fo shizzle" to every sentence I utter. I imagine that could be a little annoying ...
This isn't annoying or typical but once during my Science Year 9 mock exam, my Physics teacher was in the hall and shouted so loud 'IF YOU HAVEN'T GOT YOUR EQUIPMENT, SHAME ON YOU, THIS IS YOUR GCSES'.

It made me laugh firstly because she was getting all serious, secondly because it was a mock exam and thirdly because it was only year 9. :lol:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Protoxylic
When said teacher is due to hand back out homework:

"Sorry class, I haven't been able to mark your homework for today" (bear in mind he/she had 1/2 weeks)
"Because X class was more important than you"

Bang on point, forgot about this one actually. When I was in year 12 this happened all the flipping time! "Cos the year 13's and Year 11's are more important". Hey ho it's understandable but c'mon you've had 2 weeks to mark it! :lol:
At a que for lunch 'Is this a rabble or a mellay?'; a classic phrase of the deputy head.This phrase is notorious at my school, especially in the way he says it as if he was some sort of eccentric wizard.

Use to be annoying but now I just piss myself when I hear him say it.
Original post by the greatest

Hearing that always made me die a little inside..
Reply 192
"I already have my A Levels"
Or in assembly every day "Why can I still hear people talking?"
Reply 193
Original post by scjman
I got told a variation on that. There was a boy swinging back on his chair with a pen lid in his mouth, then fell back and choked to death on the pen lid

I got told that one too! Except well... It was a pencil. :stupido3:
When they say "How can no one ask any help on this homework? So I'm assuming you all understood everything and will get everything right"

And when you ask for help
"Sorry I'm kinda busy right now"

Make up your mind!

Posted from TSR Mobile
It pissed me off every time my supply- supply! - A level maths teacher would claim "you learnt this back in year 7/8/9/10/11".

I barely remembered what day of the week it was at the time, let alone the law of ln.
Original post by StrangeBanana
What in the world does that mean?

Well its not gonna be funny if I have to explain it...
Being corrected is so annoying. We used to correct notices on the notice board with a red pen as well - especially the Deputy Head's. He was a mathematician. He didn't react to it well.
(edited 9 years ago)
"Bend over"
"Stop dreaming about your boyfriend."

Latest