The Student Room Group

How strict are the entry requirements?

I want to study Zoology at university to become a vet but the entry requirements usually want a science related A level with the BTEC which I don't have.

Just wondering what are the chances of being accepted without the A Level?
Original post by SweetNothing
I want to study Zoology at university to become a vet but the entry requirements usually want a science related A level with the BTEC which I don't have.

Just wondering what are the chances of being accepted without the A Level?

Studying zoology is not the route to becoming a vet. You need to study veterinary medicine, which is one of the most competitive courses there is and you will have no chance whatsoever without science A levels.
Reply 2
You could try look at a foundation year.

I think Nottingham does one and does not require an A level alongside it (DDD i think)
Original post by carnationlilyrose
Studying zoology is not the route to becoming a vet. You need to study veterinary medicine, which is one of the most competitive courses there is and you will have no chance whatsoever without science A levels.

This, unfortunately.

Sorry OP, but if you want to be a vet, you've got to do a very serious rethink about your current educational route.
I think you should rethink your choices friend a) zoology doesn't equal veterinary medicine b) can't do anything without science degrees
Maybe look at foundation years?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending