The Student Room Group

She has just stopped texting me and answering

Long story short. Met a girl at uni, got along fine, started dating at uni around the start of the new year. Broke up from uni for the summer holidays, we live pretty far from each other so we kept in contact with each other by texting every day, not like long conversations that last all day just telling each other what's up and how your day was etc..
Recently she has just stopped texting me, with no reason. I've tried calling but no answer. It has been 5 days and she hasn't replied or said anything.

Should I just cut myself off from her emotionally and move on and when I see her just blank her like she's doing to me now or something else? Or am I just being really clingy and 5 days isn't a lot?
Reply 1
Original post by AlphaNick
Ask her on Facebook if she got your texts... I know from experience what it is like to think you're getting blanked but there being a perfectly reasonable explanation behind it... Her phone broke... Simple - unless you know something bad has happened, she shouldn't blank you... MATHS BRO

I don't have Facebook, the only form of communication I have with her is via phone. We play this game and I know she's been online as that as it comes up.
Personally (sorry to be brutally honest) I reckon someones **** deep in the **** at this minute hence said **** cant be bothered relying to you. Sorry bro.
(edited 9 years ago)
Yeah, well just yesterday I texted someone, I didn't get a reply for ages, I asked them if they got my text and they blanked it... but they replied to me that evening and everything was fine lol... don't assume she doesn't want to text you... there is obviously a reason

Agreed, that happens to me a lot. For the past 3 days a phone mast in my area has been down for maintenance, so nobody round here has had signal. Could just be something like that :smile: But otherwise I'd just say, dont over think it, if you see her in person maybe smile as you walk past but generally just wait for her to speak to you

Posted from TSR Mobile
You're reading too much into it imo
Reply 5
Yeah, well just yesterday I texted someone, I didn't get a reply for ages, I asked them if they got my text and they blanked it... but they replied to me that evening and everything was fine lol... don't assume she doesn't want to text you... there is obviously a reason

Original post by LydiaFirefly<3
Agreed, that happens to me a lot. For the past 3 days a phone mast in my area has been down for maintenance, so nobody round here has had signal. Could just be something like that :smile: But otherwise I'd just say, dont over think it, if you see her in person maybe smile as you walk past but generally just wait for her to speak to you

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by The vampire
You're reading too much into it imo

Your right, she just text back, she said she has a bad signal.
Original post by Anonymous

See, there's usually an explanation. Remember this for next time though. I'm glad she texted you back. :h:
Reply 7
See, there's usually an explanation. Remember this for next time though. I'm glad she texted you back. :h:

:redface: I feel silly for worrying. In my defence this is the first proper relationship I've had.
:redface: I feel silly for worrying. In my defence this is the first proper relationship I've had.

Just don't be too quick to assume and jump to the worst conclusion, you need to be able to trust that she has a genuine reason. Your not silly, we all do it sometimes. :smile:

Is this something she's mentioned before?
I personally think 5 days is a long time to not have signal/not contact your partner if you usually talk all the time, especially if she hadn't mentioned that she'd be somewhere with bad signal...

(Maybe I'm the only one, having been in a situation where I was told that and it was a lie :tongue:)
Just don't be too quick to assume and jump to the worst conclusion, you need to be able to trust that she has a genuine reason. Your not silly, we all do it sometimes. :smile:

I know I shouldn't have assumed the worst. She usually takes a while to respond but it's like 1.5 days max. So when it was more I just jumped to the worst conclusion and assumed the worse.

Is this something she's mentioned before?
I personally think 5 days is a long time to not have signal/not contact your partner if you usually talk all the time, especially if she hadn't mentioned that she'd be somewhere with bad signal...

(Maybe I'm the only one, having been in a situation where I was told that and it was a lie :tongue:)

She said she is out camping and the signal is pretty bad. I have no reason to think otherwise and she isn't the type of person who would lie.

Ah that's great, s'all good then :smile: I still have no signal, O2 said it wouldn't be sorted until Saturday:angry:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Bad signal...for 5 days???

You said you rang her...did it actually ring? If so, she didn't have a bad signal at that moment in time.

All sounds a bit off to me, personally.
Original post by Spongebob'sPants
Bad signal...for 5 days???

You said you rang her...did it actually ring? If so, she didn't have a bad signal at that moment in time.

All sounds a bit off to me, personally.

A phone mast near me went down for a week so I didn't have signal for 7 days. It does sound a little suspicious but it can happen haha :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
IMHO; you were justified to worry after 5 days. But usually if you're texting constantly and it suddenly stops, something has happened. Try a couple times a day for 2 days and if she's still unresponsive then you just wait.

Since you mentioned it's your first relationship and fair do's because of that, try not to be too clingy and emotionally attached. This post proves that you actually panicked due to her lack of responsiveness. Need to try and focus on other things to not develop this 'need'? It can be off-putting for women.

Good luck
pffft bltant chase test.

Let girls do the chasing, don't ever become the chaser.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending