The Student Room Group

Libyan girl finally made a TSR account! AMA

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Arab Beauty
Haha thats if I get in! What course are you hoping to study there?

I'm not hoping to study there

...but i might see you there :colone:
Reply 21
Original post by Secretnerd123
I'm somali but people tend to confuse me for moroccan or yemeni for some reason when they see me (might be because of my skin tone but idk) :tongue:

Can you understand arabic?

Oh Somalian, cool! I have a lot of Somalian friends, they're really nice :smile:

Unfortunately not :frown: English is the only language spoken at home as I'm the youngest and my parents have been here for quite a while.
Reply 22
Original post by newblood
I'm not hoping to study there

...but i might see you there :colone:

Haha, okay then. If you do see me, whats your plan of action?
Haha, okay then. If you do see me, whats your plan of action?

Havent thought of that yet...what do you suggest?

First i need to verify the title 'arab beauty', dont you think?
Oh Somalian, cool! I have a lot of Somalian friends, they're really nice :smile:

Unfortunately not :frown: English is the only language spoken at home as I'm the youngest and my parents have been here for quite a while.

Its somali not somalian :tongue:

Aw thats such a shame. Arabic is a wonderful language. I'd be asking u questions in arabic now :sad: hehe
Reply 25
Havent thought of that yet...what do you suggest?

First i need to verify the title 'arab beauty', dont you think?

I'm suggesting nothing, I'd rather not talk to guys unless they're family/wanting marriage.

Verify the title?
Its somali not somalian :tongue:

Aw thats such a shame. Arabic is a wonderful language. I'd be asking u questions in arabic now :sad: hehe

Oh sorry :frown:

Yeah it is, I'm so jealous of my friends that can speak it.
I'm suggesting nothing, I'd rather not talk to guys unless they're family/wanting marriage.

Verify the title?

What do you think of muslim girls being just friends with guys? Fine or not? :smile:

Verify the title?

Who said i dont want marriage? When i find the one...perhaps.

Its pretty misleading to call yourself arab beauty after having seen your picture but youre decent i guess...6/10

Btw i was jesting, i have firmed imperial for maths
Reply 28
What do you think of muslim girls being just friends with guys? Fine or not? :smile:

It's not allowed in Islam so not fine. Guys have approached me before and I always try to kill the conversation so they think I'm boring and leave me alone. I personally don't think guys and girls can naturally be friends, either one likes the other or they both like each other.
Reply 29
Who said i dont want marriage? When i find the one...perhaps.

Its pretty misleading to call yourself arab beauty after having seen your picture but youre decent i guess...6/10

Btw i was jesting, i have firmed imperial for maths

InshaAllah you'll find someone amazing for you :smile:

Haha, I'm buzzing with a 6/10

Ooh Maths, I wanted to apply for Maths but... my parents kind of convinced me to apply for Medicine.
It's not allowed in Islam so not fine. Guys have approached me before and I always try to kill the conversation so they think I'm boring and leave me alone. I personally don't think guys and girls can naturally be friends, either one likes the other or they both like each other.

👌👍

Posted from TSR Mobile

So how can someone find a suitable marriage partner? Most muslim guys in this society will hardly approach a girl with the intention of asking for her dad's number (quite tragic) ..
Reply 32
So how can someone find a suitable marriage partner? Most muslim guys in this society will hardly approach a girl with the intention of asking for her dad's number (quite tragic) ..

Well hopefully there are a few Muslim guys that are like that, but yeah, you're right, most would not.

In a realistic sense, if a guy likes me and tells me and I think good of the guy (i.e I've known about him and know that he's serious and doesn't do girlfriend/boyfriend stuff) then I'd just tell him to contact my dad so we can take things further.

I seriously don't want to bring myself down and have a relationship with the guy.

It doesn't sound like the norm in this society but I want the haraam to be kept at a minimum.

What about you?
Reply 33
bump :smile:
bump :smile:

how do you say watermelon in libyan dialect.
I told a libyan guy do you want habhaab, and he was like huhhh???
Are you practitioner of Islam?

Have you ever been to Libya?

What are your views on Muammar al-Gaddafi?

What are you studying?
Reply 36
Original post by Al-farhan
how do you say watermelon in libyan dialect.
I told a libyan guy do you want habhaab, and he was like huhhh???

My Arabic is horrible! blame my parents, they never taught me Libyan :frown:
My Arabic is horrible! blame my parents, they never taught me Libyan :frown:

Oh I see.
Let me try and teach you a few words
Yaa baqaraah means you are beautiful.
Yaa kalb means how are you.:colone:

Spoiler

Reply 38
Original post by Black Cat
Are you practitioner of Islam?

Have you ever been to Libya?

What are your views on Muammar al-Gaddafi?

What are you studying?

I'm a Muslim, yes.

Unfortunately not, would love to go soon though.

He wasn't a nice person, good riddance.

Awaiting A2 results, hopefully Medicine later on this year.

Original post by Al-farhan
Oh I see.
Let me try and teach you a few words
Yaa baqaraah means you are beautiful.
Yaa kalb means how are you.:colone:

Spoiler

Haha thanks, don't worry I wont.
Reply 39
How tall are you?

Quick Reply

Latest