The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Pinzgauer
Ah, I see - you're a troll.

Goodbye.

No. I'm not a troll. It was labeled a unilateral withdrawal by the Israelis, but given the IDF remained in control of Gaza's borders and water passages, the consensus of virtually every disinterested actor maintained that Gaza remained under Israeli occupation. Hence, not a withdrawal by any objective standard.
Original post by tsr1269
Carry on for a little longer and it will become the norm. Nearly half of Gaza's population is under 14.

Is it not? Do prisoners not get food and medicine reluctantly?

It doesn't matter how old they are. The fact remains that the number of dead Palestinians in Gaza is so small relative to the population that it has no effect on the life expectancy.

People earlier in this thread claimed that the people of Gaza are not allowed food or basic medical supplies. Having established that this is not true, in what way is Gaza like a prison?
Reply 4682
Original post by shahbaz
Okay fair enough, but the former does not engage in any wars even when threatened with sanctions ect.

No, not at all.

Only the million-killing Iran-Iraq war, and getting heavily involved in Iraq and Syria in recent years.
Original post by Sic semper erat
If you're referring to the Sabra and Shatilla massacre, its Christian Lebanese militias who did that, as revenge for the killing of PM Gamayel. Sharon had nothing to do with that, and its hypocritical that people still blame him for a case of Christians killing Muslims.

Given that Sharon was forced to resign by his own colleagues because of his role in that massacre, your assertion that he "had nothing to do" with it is completely groundless.
Original post by DiddyDec
By protecting those who support Hitler's actions, you too are supporting the genocide of millions of Jews.

I really do understand that these people have the right to be angry, however they do not then have the right to preach hate speech in the street. Hitler was an evil human being and they are supporting him and therefore his actions.

Do you think what Hitler did was a good thing?

I wouldn't bother. She's failed to respond to pretty much every counter-argument lodged against her arguments in this entire thread.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Lady Comstock
I wouldn't bother. She's failed to respond to pretty much every counter-argument lodged against her facile arguments in this entire thread.

Yeah, I don't know why I bother sometimes. Some people are just retarded.
Original post by Suetonius
No. I'm not a troll. It was labeled a unilateral withdrawal by the Israelis, but given the IDF remained in control of Gaza's borders and water passages, the consensus of virtually every disinterested actor maintained that Gaza remained under Israeli occupation. Hence, not a withdrawal by any objective standard.

I think that anyone who tries to justify continual terrorism because the unilateral withdrawal did not quite tick all of their boxes (despite assurances that if the withdrawal was met with peace that the remaining contentious issues would be resolved) can be justifiably described as a sub-human.
I think that anyone who tries to justify continual terrorism because the unilateral withdrawal did not quite tick all of their boxes (despite assurances that if the withdrawal was met with peace that the remaining contentious issues would be resolved) can be justifiably described as a sub-human.

I haven't "justified continual terrorism". Find a single sentence that I've written above which can be at all considered a justification of anything, let alone this amorphous concept called "terrorism".
(edited 9 years ago)
animals. Nothing to please these brainwashed dead beats.

Go Israel!!
Original post by young_guns
Except, of course, that the Mufti of Jerusalem in the WW2 period, who was a general representative of the "Palestinian" (read Arab people of Palestine) people met with Hitler, and allied himself to Hitler, and many representatives of the Palestinian people have engaged in Holocaust denial

That actions of the Mufti of Jerusalem do not apply now, just as we do not punish the current generation of German's for the Nazi's atrocities.

I don't know much about what these "representatives of the palestinian people" have said, so I can't comment on that.
I haven't "justified continual terrorism". Find a single sentence that I've written above which can be at all considered a justification of anything, let alone this amorphous concept called "terrorism".

You implied it by countering my point about Israeli withdrawal and terrorism continuing.

Like all the vile apologists for terrorism, you look for any excuse to continue terrorism.

Most humans would say "Hmmm, the conflict has been going on for decades, Israel made a unilateral withdrawal. It may not have been perfect but at least it was a big step in the right direction and they should be commended. palestinians replying with terrorism was completely unjustified. Had they replied positively, the remaining issues would have been resolved "

The vile, despicable sub-human answer is "well they may have withdrawn, but they didn't open everything up straight away. They didn't allow palestinians to buy planes and open the airport on day 1. So you see it was really 100% withdrawal.

Just in case you're confused, you fall into the latter category.
You implied it by countering my point about Israeli withdrawal and terrorism continuing.

Like all the vile apologists for terrorism, you look for any excuse to continue terrorism.

Most humans would say "Hmmm, the conflict has been going on for decades, Israel made a unilateral withdrawal. It may not have been perfect but at least it was a big step in the right direction and they should be commended. palestinians replying with terrorism was completely unjustified. Had they replied positively, the remaining issues would have been resolved "

The vile, despicable sub-human answer is "well they may have withdrawn, but they didn't open everything up straight away. They didn't allow palestinians to buy planes and open the airport on day 1. So you see it was really 100% withdrawal.

Just in case you're confused, you fall into the latter category.

That doesn't show I "justified continual terrorism". Your point is completely bogus, regardless of what you think I "implied".

Besides making hasty generalizations about what "most humans" would say, maybe you should consider why most of world opinion is firmly against this invasion, and why, say, the United Nations Secretary General has accused Israel of committing war crimes.

And for what it's worth, Hamas rockets are completely unjustifiable, hence why I have never "justified" or "apologized" for them, despite your crazed rantings and straw man arguments suggesting otherwise.
Original post by MrDystopia
The responses here are exactly what I would expect. Even if they 'have a right to be angry' that doesn't excuse chanting Heil Hitler.

To be fair, he did kill Hitler. So he's not all that bad as people always make him out to be.
well from the video anyone can easily deduce it was only small group there which by no means represent all the Palestinians and more to the point it was said in a fit of anger rather than a attempt at a political statement.
That doesn't show I "justified continual terrorism". Your point is completely bogus, regardless of what you think I "implied".

Besides making hasty generalizations about what "most humans" would say, maybe you should consider why most of world opinion is firmly against this invasion, and why, say, the United Nations Secretary General has accused Israel of committing war crimes.

Anti-semitism is the prime motivator behind anti-Israel activity.

There is no other explanation why no one marched in the street for the 2,000 'palestinians' killed in Yarmouk in a slow, torturous death of starvation. No one cared.

There is no other explanation why Turkey can annex and build settlements in Northern Cyprus and ethnically cleanse the population that was there and replace them with Turks - without a peep from the left wing about settlements.

There is no other explanation why in Europe just now, there is a war raging with 1,500 killed including many civilians - yet no marches in the streets.

There is no other explanation why Israel is the headline news day in and day out non stop for a month, when ISIS are rampaging through Iraq ethnically cleansing a 2,000 year old Christian community.

Israelis know that the only thing which would make them popular in the genocide continent of Europe, is to walk to their deaths.

So you see, opinions based on anti-semitism are totally meaningless. The rats at the UN are meaningless. An institution dominated by a 56 nation Islamic bloc.

The left wing are the new Nazis and will be afforded no mind whatsoever. The smelly, jobless rats can protest all they like.
Original post by Zik007
well from the video anyone can easily deduce it was only small group there which by no means represent all the Palestinians and more to the point it was said in a fit of anger rather than a attempt at a political statement.

So that makes it ok, because it was said in anger?
Anti-semitism is the prime motivator behind anti-Israel activity.

There is no other explanation why no one marched in the street for the 2,000 'palestinians' killed in Yarmouk in a slow, torturous death of starvation. No one cared.

There is no other explanation why Turkey can annex and build settlements in Northern Cyprus and ethnically cleanse the population that was there and replace them with Turks - without a peep from the left wing about settlements.

There is no other explanation why in Europe just now, there is a war raging with 1,500 killed including many civilians - yet no marches in the streets.

There is no other explanation why Israel is the headline news day in and day out non stop for a month, when ISIS are rampaging through Iraq ethnically cleansing a 2,000 year old Christian community.

Israelis know that the only thing which would make them popular in the genocide continent of Europe, is to walk to their deaths.

So you see, opinions based on anti-semitism are totally meaningless. The rats at the UN are meaningless. An institution dominated by a 56 nation Islamic bloc.

The left wing are the new Nazis and will be afforded no mind whatsoever. The smelly, jobless rats can protest all they like.

Ok. I think I'm wasting my time here.
These guys are harmless.

They know that no governments give a **** and don't know how else they can help, of course they're going to be angry and blurt out anti-semitic remarks, I know it's wrong, but what else can they do? Protests have been useless, donations to Palestine have been countered by the U.S. rearming Israel to kill even more innocents. There'll probably be more of a commotion about this video than the actual war crimes that Israel are committing at this very moment.

If the whole conflict was the other way around, I'm sure we'd be seeing a lot more branding of 'Islamic terrorism' by the United States and the mainstream media. It's really sad.

Judaism Zionism.
Original post by CTArsenal
These guys are harmless.

They know that no governments give a **** and don't know how else they can help, of course they're going to be angry and blurt out anti-semitic remarks, I know it's wrong, but what else can they do? Protests have been useless, donations to Palestine have been countered by the U.S. rearming Israel to kill even more innocents. There'll probably be more of a commotion about this video than the actual war crimes that Israel are committing at this very moment.

If the whole conflict was the other way around, I'm sure we'd be seeing a lot more branding of 'Islamic terrorism' by the United States and the mainstream media. It's really sad.

Judaism Zionism.

Not harmless when one considers this incident within the context of rising anti-Semitism in the Western world.

I find it hypocritical beyond belief that an EDL, Golden Dawn or BNP protest, with their bigoted chants, would never be labelled "harmless", yet people apparently take a different approach to pro-Hitler statements from this crowd.
Original post by Dorra Hadrich
Ohh I'm so sorry for your loss! The whole world will stand up for the killed children , be sure of that! At least the Public opinion will be defending them :smile: ... Not against them as it is with the palestinians' case !!

Have you not seen any of the polls on this site about which side you support (or at least think is the lesser of the two evils)?

Latest

Trending

Trending