The Student Room Group

Will Brits hate Scots if they become independent?

If Scotland decides to go independent do you think there will be an anti-Scottish feeling within England?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm scottsh i don't think so
No, Scots are fantastic people.
Why would I suddenly hate them?
im from england i wouldnt hate scots because of it, they are great people ^_^
Original post by Complex solution
Why would I suddenly hate them?

I didn't imply you or anyone in particular would, what I meant was do you think in general especially with certain types of people there will be a anti-Scottish sentiment, possibly stirred up by the media.
Reply 6
they can keep their buckingham palace. and their gold chair too. i mean to bend down to no queen.
- sincerely Scotland.

i hope that answers the stupid question (in return with a stupid answer.)
Reply 7
There's already enough negative stereotypes about them and "banter" around this. I doubt it would change.
Most Brits would probably laugh at how much they've screwed themselves over if they go independent. Either that or jump onto the sinking ship as soon as they can and convince themselves they're not drowing and that they "escaped the horrors of immigration and the EU".
Reply 8
Scots are Brits...
scots are top class
Original post by Jubz1
Scots are Brits...

Currently yes, but if they became independent they would no longer be apart of Great Britain/United Kingdom so therefore could not be referred to as Brits.
Absolutely. We should rebuild Hadrian's wall and shoot any who try to cross!...only kidding. I daresay British people wouldn't particularly hate Scots if they left.
Us lot in the North of England might be a bit jealous of them, but other than that, I don't think they'll be much of an issue.
Original post by human_13
they can keep their buckingham palace. and their gold chair too. i mean to bend down to no queen.
- sincerely Scotland.

i hope that answers the stupid question (in return with a stupid answer.)

Game of Thrones/ASOIAF reference? :tongue:
I will laugh as they burn. (Metaphorical burning, real laughing.)
Reply 14
Original post by LickingCarpet
Currently yes, but if they became independent they would no longer be apart of Great Britain/United Kingdom so therefore could not be referred to as Brits.

Great Britain is the name of the island. Even if independent Scotland would still be British.
Original post by Wilfred Little
No, Scots are fantastic people.

Whoo! Thank you! :biggrin:
Nope, I will be packing my bags and joining the party. Goodbye England!

:cheers:

Or if it goes tits up for them my money will be worth more when I go on holiday over there :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Yes. Intially out of jealousy.

For leaving us with tories and £9000 tuition fees.

I'll probably join you lots. :biggrin:.
I would hope not, I love the Scots :h:
I bet there'll be a surge in hate crimes against gingers.

Quick Reply

Latest